6. Davidoff Cool Water
    7. Lucky You
    8. Adidas Move
    9. Adidas Dare
    10. Usher
    11. Nautica White Sail
    12. Vurt
    13. Seduction in Black

Any more suggestions or info you wanna tell me? I'm considering the Giorgio Armani Code next!

smeller

Default Re: Newbie Cologne Addict!

Welcome. If you tell us what ones do you like and why, it would be easier to help.

u'll love Yves Saint Laurent Body Kouros
    i recommend Allure by Chanel and Bvlgari Black too

My advice is to make sure you have one of each major genre (fougere, chypre, oriental, gourmand, etc.) so that you can develop your "mind's nose." It is also a good idea to make sure that you have the major notes in at least one frag. So, for example, you should have at least one frag with a strong tobacco note.

Blog Entries

Hey, welcome to Basenotes! I have Acqua di Gio, the one For Men, and Armani Code. Code seems different from most of what you have, so it might be a good one. Some other nice suggestions, too (I have Kouros (original), Allure, and Bulgari Black, too.) I agree with Bigsly that it's good to look for ones in widely different classes until you find one you love in that class. It's a great way to not only broaden your collection, but it will really blow you away when you find really different types of fragrances that you totally love.

What kind of shopping do you have near you? Do you have a Saks, Nordstrom, Barneys, etc., anywhere near? Those high-end department stores are really great for sniffing exotic stuff. Von Maur and Dillards can be nice, too.

Dependent

You have entered the right zone no. 777

Code is a rather good fragrance, and while it is one that is highly appealing to many people, it is still safer to give it a sniff at a shop or mall before deciding for yourself if you like it. You may also like to sample some Bvlgari Scents, namely Bvlgari Pour Homme and Bvlgari Aqua (you can try the "Marine" version at the same time). Enjoy your time on Basenotes, and remember to always let your nose decide what is best for you. Good day!

A bit vague with the post bro, though you seem to like alot of aquatic and mildly symphetic frags, which is still a nice style to have!

Though if you're willing to give other genres a shot then Such classics as; Kouros, M7, Rive Gauche PH, Azzaro PH, Bal A Versailles, Mitsuoko, Guerlain Vetiver, Creed's Massive List Of Frags, Shalimar, Chanel No.19 and many,many more!

Cheers and take care!

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

As suggested, I'll say the ones i really like!

haha, I really like the Acqua Di Gio, D & G Light Blue, Ed Hardy Love & Luck, Davidoff Cool Water, and Lucky You.

I uhhhmm, well I kinda HATE the D & G Pour Hommes. It smells too old man-ish for me. I'm 18. and The bottom of the list is cheaper stuff that's just easy to use for random things.

Around me, I have a Belk, Dilliards... and those other stores - I've never even really heard of. I'm located in Murfreesboro, TN.. 30 miles from Nashville.

Oh, I sniffed Armani Code at Belk yesterday, and I didn't really like it. It smelled "powdery" to me.

I'm really looking for a really good scent that will last a long time. Cologne never seems to stay with me all day long.

Dependent

If you didn't like Code for being powdery and D&G PH for being dated, you will probably not fancy the ones listed by Balavassassin above. I still suggest you try to sniff Bulgari Aqua. Some others worth your sampling: L'eau D'Issey Pour Homme, Hugo XY. Sorry, I do not know what is available to you as I'm not located in the US. All the best!

smeller

Allure Homme Sport may be a better option to a 18 yo who appreciates Acqua di Gio. It is supposed to last longer.

Although it's not my thing, Green Irish Tweed could be a stronger option to a Cool Water lover. Very expensive, though.

I also suggest you give Platinum Égoïste a try (not the regular Égoïste). Long lasting, and may fit to your tastes.

Good luck.

I noticed there is a perfumania in Opry Mills. They usually have a pretty decent selection for fair prices. It shouldn't be a terribly long drive and you could actually sample quite a few frags. Take a pen and a pad and write down what you sample, and even have a few spots on your arm sprayed. I would recommend for you maybe S.T. Dupont, CerrutiSi', Bulgari Aqua, maybe try John Varvatos.
    You could get any of these frags there and you wouldn't break your wallet.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

Some suggestions...

Tiffany for men
    Ck Obsession (ladies Eau de Parfum version-EDP) its slightly better in my opinion then the mens version.
    Boss Bottled
    also try Emporio Armani He
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Welcome to Basenotes Cologneaddict777.....Great to have You on board.....Armani Code is Fantastic.....Gary

I think we have the same tastes in colognes. Here are some suggestions

Allure Sport
    Chrome
    Platinum Egoiste
    L'eau D'Issey
    Unforgivable
    Play

Sean John Unforgivable, Creed Millesime Imperial if you can afford it .
    Lalique's Encre Noir for a good all around vetiver, Creed Original vetiver if you can afford it.
    Joop! Homme for a long lasting clubing/party scent, Creed Original Santal.... If you can afford it.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!