Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Pino Silvestre and Lino Vidal

I just bought a Pino Silvestre Classico from Italy, for my father who uses this brand for about 40 years. But it is not Maviva's PS from Venice, but Weruska & Joel's from Torino. On their site they claim that they own this brand for domestic market only but as a fundamental trademark of their company. The scent of their PS is the same, however.
    Do you know something more precise about this?
    Their website: www.pinosilvestre.com

hi everyone, ciao ale!

I've only just now read this thread and am sitting here with Alessandro. Our grandfather Lino (Lino was his nickname, his name was Dott. Vitale Vidal) lived his whole life in Venice and his last house was Palazzo Morolin next to Palazzo Grassi (now owned by Pinault) not only he invented Pino Silvestre fragrance but was the man behind all of the Vidal fragrances and shower gels and shampoo which is one of the most famous brands of all time here in italy. The advert won many awards at the time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbsL3TzvCPE

i also attach a photo of me and my grandfather when i was 3.,,,??? i dont know how maybe just put it on my profile picture

Dependent

Can't say I'm a fan of this frag. It smells empty (structure) and cheap (ingredients) -- and far too much linalool for a pine fragrance, which gives it a cheap rose feel. It would be great to like such an inexpensive frag as much as you guys! Cheapest I've gone is Yatagan for $30, which is a great deal for such an excellent and unique juice imo.

I think it's great the descendents of the perfumer are on this board though! I wonder if we can get some information about Yatagan and Z-14's mysterious Vincent Marcello . . . I hope Frederic Malle's experiment making perfumers the stars changes perfumers' status as behind-the-scenes. It's changing slowly for sure.

I just purchased a bottle from Amazon. I wore this when I was a teen. It's not exactly how I remembered it, but I still like it pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of this frag. It smells empty (structure) and cheap (ingredients) -- and far too much linalool for a pine fragrance, which gives it a cheap rose feel.
    Never cared very much for it either. Always smelled medicinal to me.

Dependent

Updates to the info above:

- Yatagan can now be found for $26
    - I found 2 frags well under even that price tag that I dig, Lomani pH and Zirh Ikon!

I like Pino quite a bit. Is it modern and attractive to women? Probably not. Still, a great pine bomb though.

The thread re-emerges. Do be aware that Pino is a magnificent herbal scent -- it suggest pine but actually contains no pine elements!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I got this one for Christmas, and while it isn't the most romantic scent around my partner still liked it. I've worn it out a couple times and find it to be a fun casual scent, one that I'm glad I own. The bottle is fantastic, as well.

Basenotes Institution

I wore this for the 1st time yesterday and loved it instantly. I was pine-challenged many years ago, but now (probably after falling in love with Dior's Granville?) I easily enjoy it's crisp, resinous sharpness.

I think its gentler than other pine scents like Blenheim Bouquet and Epicea, and I agree that there is a hint of that sulphuric note that shamu1 and Ody mention above...but I smell that same note in many classic fougeres (YSL Pour Homme, vintage Fougere Royale, Wild Fern). IMO, it's the lavender and maybe some oakmoss..?

I plan buying some of this in Shower Gel very soon.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Hey mike, so glad that you are enjoying Pino. I thought that Granville would be the bridge for you.
    The shower gel is excellent.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas