Code of Conduct

Default Is new Queen Latifah frag an homage to Boreno 1834 ?

I only smelled it on a paper strip from a magazine, but then I saw the notes and a couple of reviews on MUA, and it reinforced my initial impression that this is an attempt to make a "designer" version of Borneo 1834. Anyone try it on skin and have an opinion?

Default Re: Is new Queen Latifah frag an homage to Boreno 1834 ?

I didn't try it on skin but sniffed this on a card when out with my g/f today.

Its opening reminded me a LOT of Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier's Bois de Turquie, which I absolutely LOVE. It's a bit sweeter and more openly feminine than the unisex BdT though, and becomes even moreso in the drydown.

Queen was probably my favorite designer woman's scent that I sniffed today. This, EL's Sensuous, and Armani Code Summer for women (which I almost tested on myself as on a card it smelled like a summery/light/citrusy version of Fleur du Male) were all quite good, imo.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 16th November 2009 at 05:48 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Being a big fan of Patchouli and an even bigger monsieur Lutens follower, I wouldn't even smell it.

It's not as rich as Borneo 1834 for sure but it's a good designer fragrance if you like patchouli and dense scent. I would relate it to A*Men and Angel, which has something to do with Borneo 1834.

Queen is long lasting, dense, powdery, seductive, and IMO men can pull it off.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto