Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Wednesday 12 August-09

No sotd thread yet?!! Well,guess I should start one myself then Today is a grey and cloudy day.It was hard getting up,but trying to wake up properly by the sound of The Damned.I'm scentless so far today,but plan to wear Crystal Noir. Enjoy your day all!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 12th August 2009 at 11:21 AM.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 12 August-09

PIERRE BOURDON'S the superb FRENCH LOVER

Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Attar by Montale

Sur la Plage

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 12 August-09

My SOTD is Halston Man (from a sample). I am really liking this one!

Notes include citruses, artemisia, passionfruit, lavender, mint, cardamom, patchouli, labdanum and musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

Looking for something sweet today and I found it.

L’Occitane Honey & Lemon (Miel et Citron)

L’Occitane is one of those Houses that I hae really come to appreciate. They do nice quality scents at reasonable prices. A colognoisseur could do much worse than to have a wardrobe stocked with the offerings from L’Occitane. One of my favorites from L’Occitane is the 2007 release Honey & Lemon (Miel et Citron). L’Occitane once again manages to pull off an excellent approximation of a much more expensive scent at a much lower price. Honey & Lemon is a full-on gourmand and while the titular notes are present there is also some other notes which really give a rich feel to this scent. The top is the promised lemon but also there is some other citrus, mostly orange, there so while there is the tartness of lemon it is lightened up by the presence of the orange. Next up is the honey and this is a beautiful sweet honey accord that seems to have a thickness to it that other honey accords have not had, on me, in the past. It is joined by a caramel note which might lead one to think that the addition of another sweet note is gilding the sweetness lily a bit. In this case the caramel does firmly land the heart in cavity-inducing territory but it makes it a rich guilty pleasure instead of the kind of sweetness that gives you stomach cramps or, perhaps in this case, nose cramps? After such a sweet middle phase Honey & Lemon pulls back a bit as vanilla and patchouli finish this scent off, in the base. This allows the vanilla to be sweet but not as sweet as the two notes in the heart and the patchouli brings some needed contrast to nicely round this out. The only drawback to the L’Occitane family of scents is their longevity and Honey & Lemon has the same issue as it makes it through a normal work day for me but not much longer than that. The projection is modest and as stated before the price is low. I wonder if this was presented in a blind sniff with other much higher priced gourmands, how it would fare? My guess is it would hold its own and might even win.

Have a Worthy Wednesday everyone
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Dependent

My SotE is:

Serge Lutens
    Santal Blanc

Notes: White sandalwood, fenugreek, pink pepper, cinnamon, rose, jasmine, orris root, musk, benzoin, copaiba balsam

I'm wearing Nina Ricci's L'Air du Temps this morning, and I'm mourning the old full fat formulation.

This pleasant, lite version doesn't hold a candle to the old juice from days gone by. Oh well. No whining allowed in this house!

Have a good day everybody.

p.s. Just saw on the Google banner that the Perseid meteor shower is here. Don't forget to watch if you can, you won't be sorry.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 12th August 2009 at 11:50 AM.

Nu by YSL.
    Perfect.
    But I'm starting to crave "weird" - frags such as Tar or Garage or Odeur 53. Or maybe something from Demeter or CB IHP?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Definitely a Comme des Garcons girl.

I'm in the divine APRES L'ONDEE again

Basenotes Institution

Caron Eau de Reglisse here now that it is hot!

Tomorrow we will have a potluck dinner for the residents of the facility where I work -- Assisted Living program -- all staff will bring a dish or two from home, I am going with Rigatoni Canzoni (baked pasta with roasted red peppers, black olives, garlic, parsley and tons of cheese), Carrot salad (my mandoline will take care of that, plus ground coriander) and a big pitcher of iced Peach Tea (might be of help too!).

Annick Goutal's Songes for me this morning. Now I'm off in search of caffeine so I can form more coherent thought other than "niiiiiice".

Cornubia, oriental bubblegum
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Back in Bogart Furyo this AM. This is an animalic of the first magnitude! Whoa...
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

smells very similar to rive gauche... to my nose anyway. for some reason, it makes me lazy, I haven't even showered today. =/

Wednesday, 8:31 pm.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Bois de Violette today. Just gorgeous.

Champs Elysees
    13 hours and still going strong. Oh, how I love this one.

Phylosykos The Perfect

Versense de Versace here.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Amouage - Lyric

Strip! by Agent Provacateur - just because.

Basenotes Institution

Hello and morning everyone !
    This morning , it's a few dabs of Youth Dew Motor Oil aka extrait.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Banned

Azzaro pour Homme

Another from the attic: Borghese Il Bacio.

Il Bacio is noteworthy for two things: It prefigured fruity-florals like Badgley Mischka while paying dues to Balenciaga Rumba, and it appears to have most of its florals in the top. As part of a tradition of sunstruck perfumes of the late 20th century, it contained glints and beams of brilliance before developing a soapy core of melons and peaches. The impression that the florals are set high is incorrect. As the scent develops it appears that both jasmine and honeysuckle are masquerading as fruit. It's very lathery on me in the center, making me wonder about orange blossom. Musk in the base is stronger than sandalwood/amber, although a cool metallic amber is somewhat noticeable.

Although the term wasn't in use when Il Bacio was released, "clean" comes to mind. Because of this, Il Bacio does not smell dated. It is more developed than today's "clean" fragrances, but it isn't out of step with them. The difference is that Il Bacio doesn't require the fruits and florals to appear only as hygienic versions of themselves. For this it is worth trying.
    Last edited by Orion; 12th August 2009 at 02:17 PM.

Blog Entries

sotd:
    Puro Lino
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Basenotes Institution

Equipage by Hermes (first time from a decant - thanks AromiErotici)

This has everything that I like about subtle French masculine fragrances - a quiet deepness that shows it's true skill and craft in tiny little details: the spicy carnation that lingers in the air, the nutty wood facet, an air of thrift-store elegance and old world charm. Sorry for getting so poetic, but this is charming and plushly romantic juice.

I think I am going to need a full bottle of this one.

Ah, Twolfie...FEED ME, too !
    A terrific, bang-up menu, my friend ;-)

Musse- kisses to you.

Coconut- I twinned you, yesterday...it was glorious.
    SMM- great review yesterday- you smell edible , today !
    Therese- I keep forgetting to wear mine, LOL !

Wore White Aoud to bed last night- and I nearly suffocated myself, LOL.
    Today- AG Musc Nomade, w/ Tocade- much better.

Trying to get out birthday packages [ some will be late, alas !] and such.
    Saw the wonderful Venetian exhibit at the MFA yesterday, w/ J-
    It goes to Paris, next.

love to you all- be well and loved.

Basenotes Plus

Twolfie, those dishes of yours sound scrumptious!

Chaya, how lovely that you and J got to see that exhibit. Give him a smooch for me.
    I was thisclose to partially twinning you in Musc Nomade today but went with Parfums de Nicolai Maharadjah instead. I have you to thank for turning me on to this intoxicating, addictive scent.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Mike, I found Equipage to be excellent also--so classic but not dated, and not ruined by the last reformulation!

Today is my long day--SotD is Profumo's Hindu Kush.

A sunny day in Norway
    I'm in Iris Nobile Edp
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

I am wearing Sandringham today. In my garconne mode today! I never thought this scent would work so well on me. The muguet really stays in my skin!
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Fraternal twins with SMM, as I sample L'Occitane Honey & Lemon Shimmering EDT, the 2009 release. I really like this (took me quite a while to come back to honey scents after the horror that is Miel de Bois).

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    p.s. Just saw on the Google banner that the Perseid meteor shower is here. Don't forget to watch if you can, you won't be sorry.
    I caught sight of some meteors in the wee small hours of the morning.