Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default A cologne with great sillage?

Does anyone know of any colognes with great sillage that will keep that going for say 10 hours...? And that would be appropriate for school use? My problem is most of my colognes die down in 3 hours to no sillage and i have to like touch my skin to smell it...so any suggestions?

Default Re: A cologne with great sillage?

Body Kouros (cold weather)
    L'Eau D'Issey (warm weather)

body kouros is ok for casual use?

In my opinion it is. I'll be wearing BK to college this winter.

Green Irish Tweed might be worth checking out as well.
    Last edited by Tedster; 12th August 2009 at 09:28 PM. Reason: added GIT

Sur la Plage

Azzaro Chrome
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

What are you using, depending on the frag, the olfactory bulb of your brain, the section that processes smells essentially, could just be blocking out what it is exposed to for a long period of time. People can smell Azzaro Chrome on me long after I cease to be able to without getting real close to my skin.
    Last edited by Sokkou; 12th August 2009 at 11:21 PM.

Gaultier - Le Male. This stuff lasts forever.

It's been years since I wore it, so I'm not sure how I would feel about it today though...

GIT is out of my price range

I'm running on reserve cash from the summer lol

but i'll def check out BK and chrome

any other suggestions?

Givenchy Blue Label, Guerlain L'Instant, Burberry London, Hermes Terre d'Hermes, last all day on me, and can be found fairly inexpensivly.

Blue Label is a citrusy aquatic that's got a nice woody dry down

L'Instant is a gourmand but doesn't get too sweet

London is boozy and woody with port wine, tobacco

Terre d'Hermes opens citrusy then dries down to vetiver and woods. It has a mineral accord that seems somewhat controversial, but for me it's great

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Gaultier's Fleur de Male has wonderful strength and sillage and IMO is a much more beautiful fragrance than Le Male.

We might have a Joop! Homme man among us!

Unfortunately, you might not like it (although it certainly has fans) but it is king, emperor, generalissimo, and president of both longevity and sillage.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I suggust Third Man by Caron
    and Paco XS Extreme
    Halston Unbound if your broke
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Montale Attar

Body kouros... my favorite scent ever
    Cuba Gold... le male 2.0 for $50 less
    A*men... well you know

I'd say Allure Homme edition Blanche. You'll smell much classier than everyone else in school. Steer clear if you don't like lemons though...
    And Joop! Homme is not appropriate for high-school, if I had to sit next to someone wearing more than 1 spray of this for a few hours I'd want to strangle them.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Maybe if you're in school you might not want something so strong? Close quarters and all? Just a thought.

Keep in mind too that sometimes you won't be able to smell you after a few hours, but others might!

I'd say John Varvatos, Has such and awesome dry down, And is very Inexpensive and last all damm day! Much better that most of my niche fragrances.

Bogart Pour Homme. Although not a favourite of mine, this frag's sillage and longevity is outstanding. 5 sprays to neck and chest and 12 hours later my mum said i had too much cologne on. BPH is cheap too.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Kouros....tremendous sillage....Check it!
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sokkou View Post
    What are you using, depending on the frag, the olfactory bulb of your brain, the section that processes smells essentially, could just be blocking out what it is exposed to for a long period of time. People can smell Azzaro Chrome on me long after I cease to be able to without getting real close to my skin.
    Yeah, same here.

Friends say they can smell my cologne long after I thought it had disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Bogart Pour Homme. Although not a favourite of mine, this frag's sillage and longevity is outstanding. 5 sprays to neck and chest and 12 hours later my mum said i had too much cologne on. BPH is cheap too.
    Ditto. Unbelievably powerful frag.

I'd add Knize 10 also.

Dependent

CK Eternity for Men

Quote Originally Posted by Butthead53 View Post
    Ditto. Unbelievably powerful frag.

I'd add Knize 10 also.
    Knize 10? For someone to wear to school? I don't know about that man. I recommend Versace Pour Homme. Fresh, long lasting and has aquatic undertones. Try Allure Homme Sport too!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Versace - Dreamer. Great longevity & wonderful sillage.
    Allure Homme Sport
    Xeryus Rouge
    Egoiste
    Opium Edp.

(Of course everyone who has said Joop! Homme isn't right for school is right. Quite wise advice that.)
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

1. Herrera Chic
    2. Bvlgari Aqua
    3. Kenzo power

all three are nice smelling ...last long ....good sillage ... non offinsive .... suitable for school IMO

DK UNLEADED,hours and hours non stop
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

Bogart - One Man Show
    Vetiver The Great!!!

AromiErotici

Original Jules by Dior has monster sillage on me.....especially in warm weather or conditions.

I also get it from Opium EDP and Macassar as well.

Versace L' Homme is really nice, inexpensive, and long lasting. Also would second the Givenchy Blue Label. Very nice and great longevity.

Cool Re: A cologne with great sillage?

Quote Originally Posted by fraddicted View Post
    Versace L' Homme is really nice, inexpensive, and long lasting. Also would second the Givenchy Blue Label. Very nice and great longevity.
    And ANGIESDOEBOY suggestion of John Varvatos.

Check them out in the reviews section
    You're all set---and you won't go broke.

( Good luck navigating through all the AXE filled hallways at school)

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 14th August 2009 at 05:07 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by GitRDone View Post
    Does anyone know of any colognes with great sillage that will keep that going for say 10 hours...? And that would be appropriate for school use? My problem is most of my colognes die down in 3 hours to no sillage and i have to like touch my skin to smell it...so any suggestions?
    mate....you just need to wear something light to school...not heavy orientals....If you were to take my word, you'd just go ahead and buy Lancetti via Condotti pour homme.....I know I have turned at least two people on the board who've bought this and are happy with it....Don't let the name intimidate you....it's not very hard to find and doesn't cost a bomb....

It has got 'phenomenal' sillage...It smells like peaches and it's an amazing fragrance.

Burberry Brit, Le Male, A*Men, Armani Code lasts more than 8 hours on my skin.

Thumbs up Re: A cologne with great sillage?

If you talk about " cologne " and not " eau de toilete" ( all mentioned in above posts are EdT and not cologne ) you must try the Diptyque' s L'EAU DES HESPERIDES, NEROLI and TAROUCO. They are superb, with a great silage and last all day...
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    CK Eternity for Men
    haha i have this and I get 0 sillage but ok longevity

No way eternity has zero sillage...unless u are one of those one spray guys who spray once to chest and then complain about sillage and longevity
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    If you talk about " cologne " and not " eau de toilete" ( all mentioned in above posts are EdT and not cologne ) ...
    AFAIK, the term "cologne" in US is equal to "fragrance for men" ("perfume" is for women). Hence, it includes EdC, EdT, EdP, or whatever concentration available.

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    AFAIK, the term "cologne" in US is equal to "fragrance for men" ("perfume" is for women). Hence, it includes EdC, EdT, EdP, or whatever concentration available.
    yes this is the case here

Bulgari Black
    Polo Blue
    Cartier Pasha
    YSL Body Kouros
    Armani PH

these last very long on my skin, but I dont think there are much or even any edt that can last 10 hours on skin, nearly impossible for a edt.
    god bless oakmoss

I wouldn't say 0 sillage, but it's near. Lasts all day, but won't turn heads. on me anyway
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ausamamira View Post
    1. Herrera Chic 2. Bvlgari Aqua 3. Kenzo power all three are nice smelling ...last long ....good sillage ... non offinsive .... suitable for school IMO
    Great recommendations! I second all these fragrances. And I love that you've suggested a variety of choices: an aquatic,a fruity oriental, and a floral fragrance. Very nice and definitely casual enough for a class room setting. I'd like to add Allure Homme Sport, Paco XS and Animale Animale to the list. XS is truly underrated w/ regards to sillage and longevity.

Dependent

I'll second XS for that matter. I can smell this on myself for hours.

When I want to be a little bolder in the office, and be sure it will last until the early evening, I often reach for YSL Pour Homme or Gucci Envy. YSL M7 although not to my taste, has excellent sillage and longevity.

No. 88, Czech & Speake

Valentino V pour homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambraselvaggia View Post
    No. 88, Czech & Speake
    For school? Maybe for a date / evening...
    - E.J.

For me it has to be Opium Edp great scent.

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    yes this is the case here
    Internationaly and in Perfumery the term cologne is used when there is less concentration of perfume, the EdT has more concentration than cologne, the Eau de Parfum has more concentration than Cologne or Eau de Toilette and the Perfume or Extrait has more than the others. For that reason, anybody who knows and understand perfumes must refer to these differences. Also there are perfumes ( extrait ) for men, like CARON IMPACT and GUERLAIN HABIT ROUGE EXTRAIT, etc
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by TromboneGuy View Post
    For school? Maybe for a date / evening...
    Why not for school? It's a very "classic" scent.... IMHO, it's for every occasion and circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    Internationaly and in Perfumery the term cologne is used when there is less concentration of perfume, the EdT has more concentration than cologne, the Eau de Parfum has more concentration than Cologne or Eau de Toilette and the Perfume or Extrait has more than the others. For that reason, anybody who knows and understand perfumes must refer to these differences. Also there are perfumes ( extrait ) for men, like CARON IMPACT and GUERLAIN HABIT ROUGE EXTRAIT, etc
    I understand this but again its part of US culture to refer to male fragrances as colognes as a whole. That doesn't mean that I can't differentiate between Opium EDT and Opium EDP. It just means I refer to both of them as cologne (as a group label). Male fragrances concentrated at the EDC level are rather uncommon in the US. EDT is the standard concentration.

I understand this but again its part of US culture to refer to male fragrances as colognes as a whole. That doesn't mean that I can't differentiate between Opium EDT and Opium EDP. It just means I refer to both of them as cologne (as a group label). Male fragrances concentrated at the EDC level are rather uncommon in the US. EDT is the standard concentration.
    Understood
    Perfumes

I grew up calling everything 'cologne' as well. Now that I have upped my level of interest, I either mention the concentration or use the generic term 'fragrance'.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

gucci pour homme

ill check out XS sounds interesting

on my skin YSL Rive Gauche and Azzaro Onyx have greatest sillage but Body Kouros unfortunately not, even Jovan Musk lasts longer

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Bogart - One Man Show
    But if the original poster wears this at school, it is guarenteed that his Valentines Day will be exactly that ....a One Man Show

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by surfacing View Post
    but if the original poster wears this at school, it is guarenteed that his valentines day will be exactly that ....a one man show :d
    *laughs out loud*
    Last edited by MFJ; 20th August 2009 at 05:34 PM.

A*Men, Azzaro Chrome and Visit, Escada Moon Sparkle, and Fleur de Male keep on going and going!

Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme lasts for all time and eternity. It's my very favourite one for just that reason. Also, it smells like heaven.

Prada lasts and lasts plus has decent sillage. An inoffensive scent - clean, clean, clean.