Code of Conduct

Default White Flowers easy wear in man

I dont try at the moment

Un Lys mediterranee from Frederic Malle but I think is
    beutiful, and Diorissimo is very pleasant smell...

Other fragances based in Lys or White flowers easy wear in man ?

Thanks !

Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: White Flowers easy wear in man

I asked the same question a little over a year ago, and these fragrances showed up:

Miller et Berteaux #1 parfum trouvé
    Givenchy Insensé
    CDG 2
    Dzongka
    Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia
    Piguet Fracas
    Lutens Tubereuse Criminelle, Un Lys, Fleurs du Oranger and A la Nuit
    Malle Carnal Flower, Angeliques sous la pluie and Leau D'Hiver
    Montale Jasmin Full and white Musk
    CdG White
    Czech & Speake Neroli
    Kenzo Power
    Puro Lino
    Donna Karan Gold
    Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee,24 Faubourg Eau Delicate
    Diptyque Ofresia and Olene
    Gaultier La Cologne Fleur du Male

I have tried most of them and underlined my favourites amongst them, and they are all prominent white flowers (if you consider neroli a white flower).

Good luck!
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Serge Lutens Cedre
    Richard James Savile Row
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend trying Serge Lutens Un Lys. It's a nice, creamy lily, but at the same time there's a slight spiciness and a "cool" note to it that makes it more wearable than a plain flower note.

Pelle gave you a great list to start with. My favorite white florals are Carnal Flower, a green, cool tuberose-jasmine; Tubereuse Criminelle, an intriguing oriental tuberose with a wintergreen edge; and Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, a very true-to-life tuberose and gardenia.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on Serge Lutens Cedre (tuberose) and A La Nuit (Jasmine)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    I highly recommend trying Serge Lutens Un Lys. It's a nice, creamy lily, but at the same time there's a slight spiciness and a "cool" note to it that makes it more wearable than a plain flower note.
    Another confirmation from me. Un Lys is stellar, although - at least for me - a little hard to wear. Can't get over a certain "feminine" association, which means it would certainly drive me crazy (in a good way) to smell this on a young and fair girl.

Jasminum and Tuberosa by Fresh (serie hombre de flores)
    Le Temps d`une Fete by Parfums de Nicolai
    Drama Nuui by Parfumerie Generale (Jasmine)
    Louange Profanes by Parfumerie Generale (neroli)
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    Louanges Profanes by Parfumerie Generale (neroli)
    Pretty much the only Neroli I wear

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

How do you compare these two: Givenchy Insensé and Kenzo Power? My wife and I like Power, although it took me several samplings (I couldn't detect much scent in the first tries). I've never tried Insensé.
    Last edited by zliang; 13th August 2009 at 04:31 PM.

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    How do you compare these two: Givenchy Insensé and Kenzo Power? My wife and I like it, although it took me several samplings (I couldn't detect much scent in the first tries). I've never tried Insensé.
    Very dissimilar, actually. Insensé is a spicy. woody green floral that manages to smell quite dark and brooding to me. By comparison, Kenzo Power is a relatively bright, fruity green floral over what smells like a sweetened fougère foundation. I would not, by the way, consider either of them a "white flower" composition.

Different Company's Divine Bergamote.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    Very dissimilar, actually. Insensé is a spicy. woody green floral that manages to smell quite dark and brooding to me. By comparison, Kenzo Power is a relatively bright, fruity green floral over what smells like a sweetened fougère foundation. I would not, by the way, consider either of them a "white flower" composition.
    I agree. We need to get the criteria better.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 13th August 2009 at 04:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What exactly would be classified as a white flower? I can only think of Iris, Jasmine and Neroli/Orange blossom. Geranium and tuberose/rose are not white in my garden. Also, Bergamot is actually a fruit.

Here's what I think would fit the bill:

Kenzo Power - "abstract" Iris
    Dior Homme - spicy Iris
    Caron 3rd Man - Jasmine
    L'Occitane Neroli (vintage but modern will do too) - Neroli
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Off-Scenter

To my (limited) understanding, "white flower" notes are the indole-containing florals like jasmine, orange blossom and neroli, tuberose, narcissus, and lily (among others), but not iris, which is not, strictly speaking, even a floral material, but a processed rhizome. (Like vetiver!)

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Ford Velvet Gardenia
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    What exactly would be classified as a white flower? I can only think of Iris, Jasmine and Neroli/Orange blossom. Geranium and tuberose/rose are not white in my garden.
    Are you sure you're not confusing tuberose with rose? I've never heard of a tuberose that wasn't white ( not that that wouldn't be cool, as long they still had that wonderful smell ).

Post Thanks / Like

To my (limited) understanding, "white flower" notes are the indole-containing florals like jasmine, orange blossom and neroli, tuberose, narcissus, and lily (among others), but not iris, which is not, strictly speaking, even a floral material, but a processed rhizome. (Like vetiver!)
    This was my impression too. Though, I'm not sure where that leaves muguet - it's white, but really doesn't have that "heady" quality I associate with white florals.

Post Thanks / Like

True. However, I still have to defend the "idea" of a white flower - that is, the idea that iris can be considered a white flower. While it is almost mandatory to consider the origin of the notes, I at least cannot be blind to the feeling a perfume gives. An alternative point of view is that we have to think "White" represents no the color of the flower, but a soft, pure and clean element in the perfume. I further justify this distinction between soft-pure and indolic by saying that if we forget the visual elements of the flower and we concentrate on the smell alone, we quickly realise that Montale white Musk and Carnal Flower belong to two diametrically opposed spectrum of florals. So, even though iris is generally purlple-ish, I think that Kenzo Power is aromatically closer (whatever that means) to Un Lys mediterranee than Carnal Flower.

Other good candidates for the white-green character of Un Lys M are

CDG 3
    Angeliques sous la pluie
    CdG White
    Czech & Speake Neroli
    Puro Lino
    Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee
    L'Eau Par Kenzo.

I have not smelled the Diorissimo.
    Last edited by irish; 13th August 2009 at 11:02 PM.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

Focusing on the 'easy to wear' part: Neil morris Gardenia for Men. Definitely white, definitely easy.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to investigate Parfume DelRae...lots of great white florals in their collection. DK Gold is another great suggestion...I happen to prefer it to Un Lys & Lys Mediterannee.

For a more masculine twist - Castille by Penhaligon's (orange blossom).

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    What exactly would be classified as a white flower? Geranium and tuberose/rose are not white in my garden.
    A tuberose is most definitely a white flower. It has nothing to do with the rose, which isn't even in the same family.

Post Thanks / Like

Jaipur homme edp, which, after a stormy beginning to our relationship, I have grown to love.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Post Thanks / Like

I would personally recommend trying Castile by Penhaligons. So far, it has proven to be the easiest white flower scent for a man to wear, IMO. Lys Mediteranee is beautiful but I find it to be too feminine for myself.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

If you're not afraid of a muted aquatic note, Eau d'Italie's Magnolia Romana is a great fresh white floral.

Also, +1 for L'Eau d'Hiver.

Lots of good suggestions here, but let me particularly agree with Caron's 3rd Man, which has only been mentioned once or twice but is excellent, affordable, and (IMO) easy for a man to pull off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pelle View Post
    Diptyque Ofresia and Olene
    Pelle makes a superior list, and I want to chime in on both of these Diptyques, which are worth a lot more attention than they get.

However, a big caution alert is in order: a former member who's opinion I respected wrote a review saying Olene was horribly feminine and something like any man who wears it needs his genitals examined (something like that). On me Olene is the smell of fantastic white flower milled soap. Very smooth and fresh for eighteen hours straight--very soliflore. Very nice stuff friends have complimented. I agree with Pelle and think a man smells great in Olene, but beware, you may have a very strong opposite reaction.

Ofresia is magic. Pepper and freesia flower. When you smell it you won't forget it. It isn't like jasmine or tuberose or narcissus white flower scents, but smells really great. I am happy to wear it and don't think there's anything un-masculine about it.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by masterkova View Post
    If you're not afraid of a muted aquatic note, Eau d'Italie's Magnolia Romana is a great fresh white floral.
    I agree that Magnolia Romana is very good, but I never really thought of it as a white floral.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense