Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Let's talk Prada Exclusives

So far these are elusive little bottles.. I was able to swap for a bottle of No. 3 - Cuir Ambre with a fellow BN'er (thanks, C.!) and absolutely love it. It's tenacious, high quality stuff.

I was able to determine by placing a phone call to Liberty in London that these are manufactured by Puig in Spain. There have been threads here about people wanting to sample the line (10 in total) and having very little success. I'm one of them.. I know TPC has a few and heard they'll be getting all 10, so that might be the only way to go.

Even more discouraging is the fact Liberty will not ship outside of the UK.

From an earlier post here on BN:

No.1, IRIS (iris) - Mysterious yet fresh, No.1 blends its focal ingredient, Iris, with neroli and musk mallow, orange, vetiver, sandalwood, myrrh, incense, coumarin, and musk.

No.2, OEILLET (carnation) - Floral with a subtle veil of spice, No.2 combines its base note, carnation, with clove, may rose absolute, iris absolute, vetiver, heliotrope, coumarin, sandalwood, patchouli, and musk.

No.3, CUIR AMBRE (ambery leather) - Earthy and sensual, No.3 is a blend of cuir de russie, amber neroli, cilantro, cinnamon, clove, musk mallow, carnation, rose, jasmin absolute, iris absolute, sandalwood, oakmoss, heliotrope, vanilla absolute, and patchouli.

No.4, FLEUR D' ORANGER (orange blossom) - Warm but with a sparkling essence, No.4 blends orange blossom, lily of the valley, rose, jasmin sambac, tuberose absolute, sandalwood, myrrh, patchouli, vanilla, coumarin, and musk.

No.5, NARCISO (narcissus) - combines its key ingredient with bergamot essence, orange blossom, bee's wax absolute, vetiver essence, and musk.

No.6, TUBEREUSE (tuberose) -The key essence, tuberose, is made richer and more complex with the added combination of other classic ingredients, including neroli, rose/violet accord, mate absolute, and musk.

No.7, VIOLETTE (Violet) - introduces a fresh interpretation of the traditional violet scent in combination with galbanum essence, may rose absolute, cassis absolute, iris absolute, and leather accord.

No.8 OPOPONAX (oppoponax) - a soft touch of bergamot refreshes the warm blend of oppoponax in essence as well as in resinoide, cistus, santal and amber

No.9 BENJOIN (benzoin) - the bitter orange tree (bigaradier) allies with the resinous sweet balsamic scent of benzoin enhanced by vanilla and musk.

No.10 - MYRRHE (myrrh) - a surprising combination of fresh citrussy bergamot and cedrat from Italy, with aromatic lavender, and charismatic patchouli and myrrh.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Let's talk Prada Exclusives

I have seen and sampled some in a Prada store (Chicago). I liked #3 (but then I tend to like most amber and leather scents) - but not enough that made we want to purchase it.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 13th August 2009 at 10:18 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Great acquisition Anthony! I'm very curious about #1 and #9 as well

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Amit

I'm hoping that I can have an opportunity to try them and post my reviews. No. 3 is really all about the leather and has a very precise sillage, if that makes sense.. I thought it was a bit overwhelming at first even at one spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    Great acquisition Anthony! I'm very curious about #1 and #9 as well

Post Thanks / Like

Being a myrrh fan I am of course obligated to try #10, especially given that citrus-myrrh is new to me. #2, #4 and #9 sound intriguing too.

Thanks for the reviews! I'd love to try Opoponax, but #9 & 10 sound interesting as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry folks, I should re-clarify that the reviews of these fragrances are actually from another BN'er and not myself. I would love to try every single one of them, though the ones that sound most promising to me from these reviews are #9 and #10 - though I'm determined to try them all

And a little goes a long way I should add.. I believe they would be worth every penny and more if they're as tenacious as No. 3.

I`ve got two of them.
    Cuir Ambre is sweet flowery leather with oriental vanilla-amber-heliotropin sillage. Dense and LHeure Bleue-like, but leather instead of pastry. I found some similarities with Cuir Mauresque SL, Ombre de la Nuit Ungaro, Centaure Cuir Etalon by Cardin, a fleur de peau by keikomecheri, etc. but I`m fan of leathers.

Narciso is green flower scent, almost all about neroli. Very cheerful and bright, very spring-like. Not the narcisse flower smell precisely, but very good. Thanks to fellow basenoter for a decant

I`ve got some more samples, but can`t recall nothing about them right now.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very good description of Cuir Ambre. It's a very bold leather/floral as you say.. and the amber doesn't really appear until the suave, smooth dry-down.

Which other neroli fragrances would you compare Narciso with?

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    I`ve got two of them.
    Cuir Ambre is sweet flowery leather with oriental vanilla-amber-heliotropin sillage. Dense and LHeure Bleue-like, but leather instead of pastry. I found some similarities with Cuir Mauresque SL, Ombre de la Nuit Ungaro, Centaure Cuir Etalon by Cardin, a fleur de peau by keikomecheri, etc. but I`m fan of leathers.

Narciso is green flower scent, almost all about neroli. Very cheerful and bright, very spring-like. Not the narcisse flower smell precisely, but very good. Thanks to fellow basenoter for a decant

I`ve got some more samples, but can`t recall nothing about them right now.

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

#6 sounds like something I would like

Post Thanks / Like

Matthew,

I enjoyed this bit from The Perfume Posse. I read another very interesting review that claims it wasn't a tuberose fragrance as much as it was "green".

Prada Tubereuse: This is part of the boutique exclusives which I believe are all single notes ranging from Iris to the aforementioned. I find its beauty lies in the pungency. Here we have a tuberose that isn’t trying too hard. Much like Ms. Prada’s pret-a-porter (of which I also cannot get enough) it is beautiful in its simplicity. This is a tuberose that stands in her vase, metaphorical hands on hips, smug smile…whispers, “what do you want from me?”

Source:
    http://perfumeposse.com/2007/07/18/t...er-obsessions/

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    #6 sounds like something I would like

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link Anthony, I very much appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDG View Post
    Very good description of Cuir Ambre. It's a very bold leather/floral as you say.. and the amber doesn't really appear until the suave, smooth dry-down.

Which other neroli fragrances would you compare Narciso with?
    Strangely enough, Narciso by Prada reminds me of Vetiver pour Elle by Guerlain.
    Neroli in start and vetiver in sillage.
    But I`m sure there`re some more fragrances that smells more close to Narciso Prada. I`m just not aware of all of them.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fascinating! I wonder if this is their key vetiver in the lineup? I've not tried VpE yet - soon I hope.

But I`m sure there`re some more fragrances that smells more close to Narciso Prada. I`m just not aware of all of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Stop the presses. You've got my attention now. So where can one obtain these?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

No7, Violette sounds incredible. Would love to know how they interpret the violet note.

I have heard the Iris and Fleur d'Oranger are very similar to the mainstream "Infusions" of the same names though.

Post Thanks / Like

Just found a US source:

Prada
    575 Broadway NYC
    (212) 334-8888

They have "most" of the 10 (according to the SA) at $150, plus $20 shipping, ground, anywhere in the US. You can avoid the 8+% NY sales tax by shipping to another state, obviously.

I'll say again - $150 for 1 ounce might have a lot of people really thinking about how potent these are. Well.. I'm wearing No. 3 today.. 1 tiny spray from a 2 oz atomizer to the neck and it was almost too much!

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Stop the presses. You've got my attention now. So where can one obtain these?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Let's talk Prada Exclusives

A short while back I was at the Prada on E. Oak St. in Chicago, and sniffed several of their fragrances. Of all I liked The Opoponax best, but still think Impérial Opoponax by Les Néréides is a tad better.
    That's really the only one in that line that appealed to me.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....