I like Lancome, MAC, and now Prescriptives for some things, and I buy cheapie stuff from the drugstore for others. I buy cheap mascaras and lippies at the drugstore because they work just as well for me as the pricier ones.
1. I love L'Oreal's 6 Hour Infallible Never Fail Lip Liner. It's retractable and the texture is creamy. I use it to fill in my entire lips and then use clear or sheer gloss over it. Nice range of colors.
2. Also just bought a raspberry colored Wet 'n Wild lippie that I posted about in your other thread asking for raspberry recs.
3. And I bought a Maybelline Pulse Perfection mascara, which has a little battery in it that makes the mascara wand vibrate. It's really fun, but a little hard to handle, so I don't know that I'd repurchase. I got interested in that because Prescriptives had one that I fell in love with, but I didn't want to spend $32 on a tube of mascara. The vibration in the mascara wand helps to keep your eyelashes separated and non-clumpy. Works very well in that regard.
4. My favorite makeup remover is Ponds Cold Cream. I've never used anything top shelf that was an improvement on it.
5. I also like L'Oreal's eyemakeup remover in the blue bottle.
And I'm not even a big makeup hound, but I do like to have my favorite products at hand when I want them. I like to work quickly and get out on time!