Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Best drugstore cosmetics. and local brands from your country?

I rarely buy expensive cosmetics..most expensive I have bought is MAC gel eyeliner which I like and a couple lipsticks which I did not like..very drying.I thought it was a waste of money.I also rarely buy any expensive face creams.. I find your Basic NIvea.Garnier..L'Oreal..etc do the job.I have also gotten some great face creams on travels in Czech Republic..Poland..Lithuania ..Spain..for more than reasonable prices..They were all very good in quality.

What are some of your "discoveries" in cosmetics and skincare ..local brands of your country etc??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best drugstore cosmetics. and local brands from your country?

I like Lancome, MAC, and now Prescriptives for some things, and I buy cheapie stuff from the drugstore for others. I buy cheap mascaras and lippies at the drugstore because they work just as well for me as the pricier ones.

1. I love L'Oreal's 6 Hour Infallible Never Fail Lip Liner. It's retractable and the texture is creamy. I use it to fill in my entire lips and then use clear or sheer gloss over it. Nice range of colors.

2. Also just bought a raspberry colored Wet 'n Wild lippie that I posted about in your other thread asking for raspberry recs.

3. And I bought a Maybelline Pulse Perfection mascara, which has a little battery in it that makes the mascara wand vibrate. It's really fun, but a little hard to handle, so I don't know that I'd repurchase. I got interested in that because Prescriptives had one that I fell in love with, but I didn't want to spend $32 on a tube of mascara. The vibration in the mascara wand helps to keep your eyelashes separated and non-clumpy. Works very well in that regard.

4. My favorite makeup remover is Ponds Cold Cream. I've never used anything top shelf that was an improvement on it.

5. I also like L'Oreal's eyemakeup remover in the blue bottle.

And I'm not even a big makeup hound, but I do like to have my favorite products at hand when I want them. I like to work quickly and get out on time!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 19th August 2009 at 08:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great! Thankyou!

Good Ole ponds cold cream!

I've been happy with Almay. I use their smart shade makeup foundation. It has sunscreen and blends very easily. It's light, but can be layered.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not local, but it's marketed locally, I think it's from Japan, or malaysia, who knows.
    but I like GATSBY.I use their Facial wash, Astringent, Oil clear film, Hair Wax, etc.

their Charcoal facial wash is the best among a few that I've tried, it has a nice grittyness to it that makes my face feel really really clean.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

The Vicco Turmeric cream and it's assortment of other products like face washes are pretty well known almost across the world. So are many other fragrance oils, hair oils, face masks etc -- Navratan Tel, as an example.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather