Code of Conduct

Thread: Azzaro Chrome

Default Azzaro Chrome

Hey guys I just bought this blind and I like it. But the top notes seem to last forever...I never really got the woody drydown? What are your experiences with chrome? Love it, hate it? Do you get the wood?

Default Re: Azzaro Chrome

IMO Chrome is one of the highest quality designer aquatics, along with Bvlgari Aqva. Chrome lasts an amazingly long time and it has excellent sillage, but unlike you, I do see the drydown. The top/mid notes last about 2-3 hours.
    Last edited by stevo30; 15th August 2009 at 04:02 PM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by GitRDone View Post
    Hey guys I just bought this blind and I like it. But the top notes seem to last forever...I never really got the woody drydown? What are your experiences with chrome? Love it, hate it? Do you get the wood?

Do you spray on skin or fabric(clothes)?
    Last edited by MFJ; 15th August 2009 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Do you spray on skin or fabric(clothes)?
    skin of course!! how many spritzes of chrome do most ppl do?

skin of course!! how many spritzes of chrome do most ppl do?
    I usually do 1 neck, 1 back of neck, one chest, one each wrist, pretty much like any other frag I own.

I gave away my bottle of chrome to my bro. I didn't like the metallic smell. My bro does about 3 sprays (2 neck, 1 chest). Chrome is very strong to the point that after my bro goes out, the smell of chrome lingers around the house for about 30 mins.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Blog Entries

I too got the metallic smell JoNnY4. It reacted the worst on my skin of any frag I've tried, and I couldn't wash it off fast enough. Since then I've been afraid to try anything else by Azzaro.

You just gotta love that scent. Azzaro has great frags! I love the most underrated of it Silver Black/Onyx

I like Chrome a lot. I've tried many of this type of fresh/aquatic/shimmering synthetic but keep coming back to Chrome. It never fails to come through. The opening is the only downfall of Chrome as it is harshly metallic, but this burns off in the first 30 minutes and you are left with a long lasting cool shimmering fragrance. It is a great fragrance to wear if you will be working outside or sweating because it keeps you cool and fresh as you go with its light sillage for hours.

Chrome is a fairly strong fragrance which is easy to overlook because it can quickly numb the nose of the wearer and you won't be able to self evaluate its strength. I recomend no more than two spritzes and probably not on exposed skin much. If you overdo Chrome it may overwhelm those around you. This fragrance works better as a subtle background scent - easy does it.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 15th August 2009 at 06:24 PM.

I do get the woody drydown but have to wait for several hours. It's a compliment getter. My sister likes it.

The 1st time I wore it I couldn't smell it much after a few hours, I guess my nose needed time to get used to it. On my 2nd wear, I used 4 sprays, and it stayed longer than 10 hours with monstrous sillage.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Sur la Plage

I think it is one of the better fragrances of its genre.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It's alright. I've never "got wood" from it, however.

The only good thing I can say about Chrome is that it does contain a 'metallic' note. I suspect the brief was derived after concocting the formula and not the other way around ...
    -

It used to smell metallic to me, but it doesn't anymore. I don't get much wood out of it.
    For me, it's still the best, longest lasting for hot weather when one is doing a lot of walking around - the others conk out, but Chrome doesn't.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    It used to smell metallic to me, but it doesn't anymore. I don't get much wood out of it.
    For me, it's still the best, longest lasting for hot weather when one is doing a lot of walking around - the others conk out, but Chrome doesn't.
    Renato
    I get the metal. But like you I don't get much wood.
    I think you nailed it, it's the king of the 'fresh' class when it comes to sillage and longevity. I can't think of anything that comes close.