Code of Conduct

Thread: Heritage

Default Heritage

O M G . . . . I've been sufficiently underwhelmed with the majority of Guerlain frags (with the exception of Vetiver & 68 that is). Today may have changed that - was offered 20ml of Heritage from the 90's and holy mother is it wondermously good jus.

Anyone know if it has gone thru a reformulation since about '95 ? I do believe I need some.

Dependent

Default Re: Heritage

Is it the EDT or EDP you are speaking of? anyways check this thread http://community.basenotes.net/showt...light=heritage

Jenson mentioned : "I feel lucky to have both the EDT (1991) and EDP (1996) before it was re-formulated .. "

so this may answer your question.

Hell yeah, I remember having the original Heritage EdP............wow that was something else........I wish they would re-release it.......it was wonderful!

Thanks to you both.

Basenotes Institution

Wonderful fragrance, isn't it? I had the same reaction the first time I sampled it. Instant love.

More recently, I have gotten a slight headache wearing the 'new' EdT. I prefer the vintage EdP and the After Shave.

Welcome to the Heritage club! Great stuff, isn't it?

Heritage is one of my top ten fragrances.

My first experience was with the reformulated EdT and EdP versions. I was captivated and purchased several bottles of each.

Since then, I have acquired several bottles of vintage Heritage. While there is no question that the vintage juice is better, it was the reformulated versions that initially put Heritage in my top ten. They are still quite excellent.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Thank you TR .... precisely what I wanted to know. I've come to respect your opinions in the short time I've been here. I'll give myself a mental break from the vintage search and go with the newer formula to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Heritage is one of my top ten fragrances.

My first experience was with the reformulated EdT and EdP versions. I was captivated and purchased several bottles of each.

Since then, I have acquired several bottles of vintage Heritage. While there is no question that the vintage juice is better, it was the reformulated versions that initially put Heritage in my top ten. They are still quite excellent.

Thanks for this thread - I'm now on the hunt for some vintage EdP and EdT Heritage to try. I have some of the current EdT and I seem to remember trying this one and having it blow me out of the water years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    Thank you TR .... precisely what I wanted to know. I've come to respect your opinions in the short time I've been here. I'll give myself a mental break from the vintage search and go with the newer formula to begin with.
    good decision.

I wear Heritage edt. Very sexy on a woman. Beautiful drydown. Layered with Shalimar it's total sex, m or f.

Just an overall wonderful scent.

EVERYTIME I wear this I am struck anew by how great it is. This could easily be my signature/desert island scent--except that I have too many for that to happen! Great scent.

I have a sample on the way. I've only started to explore the Guerlain line in the last month or two. I haven't tried Heritage yet but Habit Rouge Parfum is my number one scent right now. It's beyond words, I can only hope that Heritage is a good as you say it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Awakening950 View Post
    I have a sample on the way. I've only started to explore the Guerlain line in the last month or two. I haven't tried Heritage yet but Habit Rouge Parfum is my number one scent right now. It's beyond words, I can only hope that Heritage is a good as you say it is.
    I hope that you love it as much as I do. I am a Habit Rouge fan, as well, by the way!

Heritage is class in a bottle. Wow, olfactory stimulus x 100 right here. There is so much going on. It's such a beautiful symphony of notes

Hritage (EDT & EDP) is my most worn scent; I love it, it's great!

I have an early version in mini form. It's similar to BdP (drydown). I find that there isn't enough note contrast for me and it's too much of a blend, with a creamy type effect I generally don't like. Good quality ingredients though.

I've got a lifetime's supply of the vintage Hritage EDP. Yes, it's that good...

I am even considering getting a bottle irrespective of reformulation and concentration (EDP, EDT...), this is up to which point I got to become reacquainted with and thrilled by this scent again.

Great scent, the bottle I have is an 100ml EDT from 2001 - would this be considered vintage or current?

Sounds like the vintage EDP is worth hunting for, as wonderful as this fragrance is, the longevity of the EDT I have could be better.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by sunnymitra View Post
    Great scent, the bottle I have is an 100ml EDT from 2001 - would this be considered vintage or current?
    What does the box look like?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I've got a lifetime's supply of the vintage Hritage EDP. Yes, it's that good...
    Me too. I only need a couple of sprays for this stuff, it's potent. The vintage EdP worn with vintage After Shave is a deadly combination. My Power Scent!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

It's absolutely a very fine fragrance, very rich and full, it has the similar vibe than Patou Pour homme. Will be using either it or Santos Cartier on X-mas.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Sounds like the vintage EDP is worth hunting for, as wonderful as this fragrance is, the longevity of the EDT I have could be better.

I'm a big fan of Heritage. I am a little surprised to hear a complaint about the longevity though, for me one of it's strengths is the way just keeps on and on without fading to a skin scent (in fact I think it justs gets better right through the dry down)

A 100ml EDT bottle from 2001 would be considered vintage.
    Also, the longevity of the vintage EDT is at least 10 hours.
    Longevity on the current formulation should still be 8+ hours.
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

Thanks guys for the comments. The box was ditched a while ago but i recall it being red with black accents. As for longevity i guess individual body chemistry plays a part,but in summer i get 8 hours max from several sprays.

As a fan of powerful fragrances i think this is why the EDP interests me.