Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Women wearing men's fragrances?

Quote Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
    What are your thoughts on women wearing men's fragrances? Would it be considered unattractive by men, or would it be sexy in the same way wearing your boyfriend's clothes is?
    It can be very sexy, but it's a different kind of sexy. A woman wearing my clothes is sexy because it means I've seen her naked. Yum! But I find that a woman wearing a men's fragrance can be sexy in a "Ooh, I want her!" kind of way. It's all about whether or not the scent works on her skin. There are a lot of women's scents that I don't find sexy on a woman at all.

Assuming you're attracted to men, as long as the fragrance you pick doesn't make you smell like a manly-man, I say go for it! (as far as what women find sexy on another woman, I have no clue) I do think men's fragrances wear differently on most women, so no worries there.

If I were you, I'd avoid things that are too brutally obvious, like Le Male. One sniff and anybody knows it's Le Male. But other than that, I bet you could wear whatever you like. And I don't even think you have to stick to lighter stuff. I could see a woman wearing YSL L'homme, L'homme Libre or La Nuit, Chanel Allure or Allure Homme Sport, Dior Homme, etc etc etc. As long as it isn't too in-your-face beat you up in the parking lot masculine, you could totally wear it without a guy knowing it's a men's fragrance. Go for it!

My wife wears vetivers, heavy incenses and woody scents because that is what she likes. She is not a Girly girl but a down to earth character and they suit her perfectly and therefore smell elegant and sexy on her.

I'm a 22 year old female and I wear men's fragrances like nobody's business. Granted, I'm also stereotypically a huge gaymo, BUT I have plenty of straight female friends who do the same. Guys actually seem to prefer it a lot of the time, at least to the super girly, fruity/floral perfumes most young women wear.

Also, like previous posts have already mentioned, people will most likely not even notice that you're wearing men's fragrances to begin with, unless you go with the super popular ones that people recognize from smelling it on guys everywhere.

I'm not sure if Gossamer can hear you still, to be honest. 16th August 2009.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    I'm not sure if Gossamer can hear you still, to be honest. 16th August 2009.
    It had to be said, nevertheless. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    It had to be said, nevertheless. :-)
    AHAHAHAHAAA!!!! How funny. Old threads get bumped up and sometimes I forget to check the date. Clearly, I'm not the only one. Oh well

Ha! Yep ancient. My fault I think. Oh well.

Banned
    Blog Entries

When it comes to women wearing mens fragrances, I'm all for it. But it depends on your skin. If a woman was wearing Old Spice or Polo Green, they would remind everyone of their grandpa.

For a women, I would recommend The Dreamer, Dior Homme Intense and Midnight in Paris.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    If a woman was wearing Old Spice or Polo Green, they would remind everyone of their grandpa.
    No they wouldn't.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gossamer View Post
    What are your thoughts on women wearing men's fragrances?
    If there is something in the men's line that you really like then by all means wear it.