Code of Conduct

Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestions

Well i do have a decent nose for colognes, but still very new to them. After a few buys I would help if you guys could help me with my next buys. Im 17 years old(but have a beard and look about 23), and going into college. Big and muscular (6'1 225 state champion powerlifter) if that helps. I sort of want a smell that is masculine, but also very sensual and girls want to bury their nose in it, if that makes any sense.

Here are how I would rate my current colognes:

1.Burberry London (love it,sexy and masculine, but really only great for cold days and those are limited in Texas)
    2.JPG Le Male (great, but gets old and a hint too sweet)
    3.Versache Dreamer (good scent, but mainly the dry down)
    4.Kenneth Cole Black (decent scent, wear it sometimes)
    5.Abercrombie colognes(smell good, but too mainstream)
    6.A-men (wayyyy too sweet, almost makes me sick after i wore it a few times)
    7.YSL Kouros(most like it, but way too "dad-ish" for me)

I also have a few creed samples coming in(GIT,IM,SMW), but i would love a few more suggestions. Thanks

Off-Scenter

Default Re: Suggestions

First off, welcome to Basenotes, and bravo to you MaChMa for including your detailed impressions of the scents you own - it's a great help in making intelligent suggestions, and it's surprising how few people do so!

Here are a few things you might like to sample, given what you've enjoyed so far:

Body Kouros (A woody oriental, as is London, but with a cool edge to it, thanks to a prominent licorice note. A definite "bury your nose in it" kind of scent.
    L'Anarchiste (Citrus, sweet spices, cedar, and musk. Youthful but neither vacuous nor commonplace.)
    Donna Karan Fuel for Men (The reissue is a really well-balanced fruit, spice, and leather composition.)
    Tuscany (Citrus fougère, a bit sweet, but not too sweet, with a nice casual feel to it.)
    Déclaration (Bright citrus over woods and light leather, with a "naughty," sexy edge to it. Great for sensuality in hot weather.)

Happy hunting!
    Last edited by Off-Scenter; 17th August 2009 at 04:34 AM.

Canali Black Diamond.

Dependent

Welcome!
    I think you will enjoy the GIT sample, it may be what you are looking for. I also 2nd Vibert's suggestion of Tuscany.

You could give YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme a blast. Sounds like it should fit your ticket. It appears to be a real "chick pleaser" as well as being robustly masculine.
    The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away

try Gucci PH II

Welcome to Basenotes. It is funny, when i finished reading what you wanted, "...bury their nose in it..." The first thing that came to my mind was Versace-The Dreamer (goodness it is just "all that"). I then noticed you already own this. My second thought was Kouros (which drives me wild, i just adore it.) but i saw you own that one also.
    So i guess you already own the two scents which would be "nose burying, cuddling" for me.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Masculine and sensual - that's Chanel Egoiste. My husband wears it and I still love him very much, so you see...