Code of Conduct

Exclamation Omega Aqua Terra -- - ---- -- -- -

Omega Aqua Terra is a new male fragrance from the house of Omega, famous for its top-quality watches, following the collection of the same name Seamaster Aqua Terra.

It can be expected to be available from august 2009 as an elegant sporty fragrance dedicated to the Omega brand customers brave, confident and independent men.

The Omega Aqua Terra perfume is made in the cooperation with the famous perfumer Alberto Morillas. It opens with shiny and sparkling citrus notes: grapefruit, bergamot and bitter orange blended with nutmeg sage. Jasmine is surrounded with aromatic herbs, pink pepper and violet leaf at the heart. It is herbal, fresh and very elegant. The base consists of sensual woody accords, oakmoss, patchouli, vetiver and musk.

The bottle is modern, black and decorated with a silver stopper. The famous Omega logo finds its place in the center of the bottle, engraved in silver letters. Omega Aqua Terra comes as 50 and 100 ml EDT. (cosmoty.de)

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Omega Aqua Terra -- - ---- -- -- -

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Alberto Morillas!

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tested this enough to give a full review ?

Haven't seen it anywhere yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I've not seen this anywhere either and had forgotten about it until the bump up today. A few web sites after looking mention it is not available in the USA. It's possible you can only get it from the Omega Boutiques or distributors, so I will ring one up tomorrow as I know the owner and ask about this and if I hear anything positive, I will post on here He owes me a favour after buying an Omega watch from him lol

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE: It's only available from the Omega Boutiques (just telephoned) and I've ordered a 100ml bottle lol I wish I hadn't seen this thread, could have saved some money then hehe, but hey you only live once, so may as well splash it on scent and others things whilst it lasts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    UPDATE: It's only available from the Omega Boutiques (just telephoned) and I've ordered a 100ml bottle lol I wish I hadn't seen this thread, could have saved some money then hehe, but hey you only live once, so may as well splash it on scent and others things whilst it lasts
    You are the perfect BN member to rate/compare the citrus components (Grapefruit, Bergamot, Tangerine). Thanks for taking the plunge. I was mad, I missed a bottle on Ebay for a very low price last year. And TBH, I forgot all about it until I was thinking of violet leaf scents yesterday after describing what made Mefisto distinct from SMW. This was a citrus/violet leaf/wood scent I always wanted to try.

Craig, can you compare it to Bulgari Man when it turns up please? Released after Aqua Terra, also by Morillas, and with prominent violet leaf.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't compare it to Bulgari Man as I've not tried it, sorry.

I can't believe I never saw this one. I will have to try this out, lord knows I have spent enough buying their watches...

Post Thanks / Like

One of the main questions, also likely to be formulated by numerous Basenoters, could be: does this scent live up to Omega's watch-related performances?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am definitely NOT the BN'r to give a full review of this scent, for picking out individual notes is not my forte. So my apologies in advance. However, I did swing by an Omega boutique today to test this out (on skin).

The literature describes the opening of Aqua Terra as "sparkling," and it most certainly is. Once those subsided, however, I couldn't help but think the drydown was very, very similar to another "Terra".....Terre d'Hermes. Perhaps a bit lighter, but still had the Td'H vibe (to my amateur nose).

Longevity in the respectable 6-hour range.

Bottles are solid -- especially the 100ml. Simple and nice.

Prices: $70 for 50ml and $110 for 100ml.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    Craig, can you compare it to Bulgari Man when it turns up please? Released after Aqua Terra, also by Morillas, and with prominent violet leaf.
    When I first saw this, I thought...naaah, can't be that similar....probably alot more citrusy and leafy, not "flour" dry/powdery/doughy like Bvlgari Man.

It does have alot of that dry/semi-powdery "flour" note, but it is much fresher than Bvlgari man, and more "wet". Definitely built of the same framework, but much greener, more aquatic, and more astringent. It doesn't really have any super distinct citrus or overt violet leaf, just a general freshness and astringent quality that seems "fresh, citrusy/green", sort of like if you mix Acqua Di Parma Essenza with Bvlgari Man and a touch of Adolfo Domiguez Vetiver. Definitely has some of that understated "mineralic woody" iso-e/etc. of Terre D'Hermes. It's a pass for me, but it's definitely classier and more distinguished than your "mature fresh" designer scents like Versace Eau Fraiche or Bvlgari Aqva or Mugler Cologne or the like. And the bottle really is better in person. It's a solid scent, definitely in line with the character of Omega wristwatches.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 8th July 2011 at 04:43 AM.