Code of Conduct

Default Reliable source for MPG Ambre Precieux?

Does anyone know a reliable source that still has Ambre Precieux in stock? I did a google search but I haven't heard of any of the sites that still have it listed.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Re: Reliable source for MPG Ambre Precieux?

MpG is going to become all the rage as they seem to be going bye-bye. You're looking for one of their most popular offerings, it's going to be difficult. I would try e-bay. Happy hunting.

Any luck at beauty encounter?
    I know aedes is all out...good luck!

None left @ Beauty Encounter.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

I guess you should try the official site,
    http://www.maitre-parfumeur-et-ganti...eng/index.html
    I'm after this scent as well so I will be eager as to how you procure it.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Try Luckyscents...... this ia a disclaimer that they have on their page
    Special Orders Available! If there is a MPG fragrance you would like to purchase but do not see on our site, we are happy to order it for you. Please call us toll-free at: 866-931-8298
    Last edited by cmax; 29th July 2009 at 10:40 PM.

It saddens me to see such a wonderful house slowly disappear off the radar. I hope it's only temporary. I bought AP from Beauty Encounter a couple of months ago. It was just before stocks started drying up.

I called a reputable english fragrance store today Les Senteurs and enquired about MPG.... apparently MPG have distribution problems and have stopped distributing their scents for now. Its not clear whether they have closed or not indefinitely.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Its pretty sad, even though i havent tried any from this house but i have a gud feeling about it I like the way the house presents itself. Very french. Im gonna buy SN blind soon, though if i cud find AP i would have gone for it.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Has anyone written MPG and asked about it?

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Has anyone written MPG and asked about it?
    Apparently Lucky Scent has, and says that their calls and e-mails have gone unreturned. (This info was reported on one of the many recent MPG threads. I can't remember who reported it.)

I wrote to MPG last night, in the past they used to reply to emails. Lets see if they do now.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

i am recieving a bottle of Ambre priciex from MPG paris.
    so they still have them in production in paris.

I spoke to Art director of MPG.... all the frags will be availabble in Paris.

So, are they scaling back to just having one boutique in Paris (instead of their previous two) and no international distribution? That seems like an extreme scale back! If you look back through some of the previous MPG threads this year, you'll find that various people associated with MPG have said various, sometimes conflicting, things to different people. In the meantime, their fragrances continue to disappear worldwide. Who knows what is going on, but I'm glad you were able to get a bottle from Paris! They don't sell from their website, which also hasn't been updated in ages, so I guess you have to write to them or call. People should post whenever they have direct contact with MPG until we get a clearer sense of what may be happening.

Moreda, what are the prices - if you don't mind me asking - for a bottle direct from MPG Paris?

If their scents are still available I can stall stocking up on them now when I really don't have a ton of disposable income (and want to get Lyric first, anyhow).

Thanks!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

i think a bottle is 95€ or 100€
    but i am not sure if they ship oversea's.

Guerlain and Sl doestn ship oversea's.
    i might be abble to arrange one for u if order on time so it can be shipped with my order.

Curious too how much for shipping from Paris?

100 euro is hell expensive for MPG :-s

"No Pain, No Gain"

95€ is the normal retail price i payed fro at the store here.
    that is also = to $130 the usa market price.

Quote Originally Posted by moreda View Post
    95€ is the normal retail price i payed fro at the store here.
    that is also = to $130 the usa market price.
    50ml or 100ml size bottle for 95 euros?

Quote Originally Posted by moreda View Post
    I spoke to Art director of MPG.... all the frags will be availabble in Paris.

That's a relief. Can you elaborate - that means they have their one store in Paris, plus they ship to the EU from paris?

About the pricing - they only have 100ml and regular price at most online shops is about $110 USD, a bit less than in europe.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

i dont know the excact prise in paris.
    i just gave her my CC number.

but i remmember it it was sold for €95 in Amsterdam and only one store used to sell them.
    so, maybe is this the reason why it was expenssive.
    but lets wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    50ml or 100ml size bottle for 95 euros?
    I believe they only come in 100ml bottles (now).

It might also be worth calling PIR in NYC to see what stock they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    So, are they scaling back to just having one boutique in Paris (instead of their previous two) and no international distribution? That seems like an extreme scale back! If you look back through some of the previous MPG threads this year, you'll find that various people associated with MPG have said various, sometimes conflicting, things to different people. In the meantime, their fragrances continue to disappear worldwide. Who knows what is going on, but I'm glad you were able to get a bottle from Paris! They don't sell from their website, which also hasn't been updated in ages, so I guess you have to write to them or call. People should post whenever they have direct contact with MPG until we get a clearer sense of what may be happening.
    Maybe they just want to be more niche.

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Maybe they just want to be more niche.
    If that's the case, this is a pretty extreme example of attempting to do that. It also doesn't jibe with their recent reformulations, which seem to have been intended to change them enough to appeal to a larger, less adventurous, audience. Not to mention that they made the bottles bigger without raising the price. Those decisions don't sound like part of a plan to become "more niche" to me.

Well, you know the french. They're a pretty crazy bunch of people.

Don't forget that they opted for a more standardized bottle which has a piss poor spraying mechanism as opposed to the old bottle which had a wonderful sprayer...they don't want to be more niche, they want to cut costs and continue to be in business.

They have not responded to any of my countless emails either (which they did in the past!).

Or maybe they could either be going through a change of ownership (???) ... or perhaps just starting to "feel the pinch" from this crappy economy at the mo'. ... (There seem to be companies going bust everywhere lately!)

Otherwise holding back on global distribution doesn't sound like a smart move, unless you are forced into it. ... Surly???

Either way ... I certainly hope that I shall soon become very friendly with some Parisian BN'r (LOL)

If anyone else is desperate for Amber Precieux and wants to secure a bottle for themselves or a back up, please PM me as I may be able to help you. And don't worry AZ, you still have first dibs....

Assuming one can find them, what would be a good price US for 100 ml bottles of Ambre Precieux, Santal Noble or Route de Vetiver?

Quote Originally Posted by pancks View Post
    Assuming one can find them, what would be a good price US for 100 ml bottles of Ambre Precieux, Santal Noble or Route de Vetiver?
    $112 or under is a good price for AP or SL (if you can find them, which is doubtful). If you really want them and find them, you should probably jump at the chance to pay a bit more than that. The reformulated (100 ml) bottles of RdV are still around some places. Beauty Habit has it on sale for $84.
    Last edited by Tonyprince; 3rd August 2009 at 10:46 AM.

http://www.senteursdailleurs.com/Pag...24&thebloc=176

I have seen the Maitre Perfumeur et gantier being sold at the above website but you I don't know if their still selling. Try to give them a call.

I managed to get my bottle of ambre precieux out of complete chance so I'm happy now, it smells wonderful.
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 3rd August 2009 at 09:24 PM.

A number of places put their MPG stuff on sale once they learned they wouldn't be getting anymore shipments, but those places sold out quickly. I saw some stuff for half off for awhile, but no more. When you factor in shipping and taxes in some places, $122 is a more reasonable price for any MPG fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    http://www.senteursdailleurs.com/Pag...24&thebloc=176

I have seen the Maitre Perfumeur at gantier being sold at the above website but you I don't know if their still selling. Try to give them a call.

I managed to get my bottle of ambre precieux out of complete chance so I'm happy now, it smells wonderful.
    A guy called Cedric who posted on Basenotes works or worded at this store.
    DONNA

Well, Tonyprince, I found some for you before, maybe I can do it again

I don't know if they do indeed have some in stock, but this store http://www.theboyscosmetics.com/store/contact_us.php is listing all the MPGs and while the photos are of the 90 ml bottles, the listing says 100 ml.

Hopefully, some who are still looking can find some.

A few people have picked up on my hints but I have a number of bottles of Amber Precieux (100ml) for sale BNIB. Go ahead and PM if you are trying to track this one down. I would post a sales thread but I don't have that privilege yet. In addition I have some Santal Noble (90 ml), Jardin Du Nil (90ml), Secrete Melenage (90ml), Racine (90ml), Centaur (90ml), Jenune Homme (90ml), and a few unboxed bottles of Grain de Plaisir.