Code of Conduct

Default Perfume vs EdT vs EdP vs Cologne

Sorry if this an old topic but getting more and more into the community I am trying to educate myself on fragrances. From my understanding perfume has the most oils, then EdP, then EdT. What about just "cologne" ? Also are most of the stuff you guys are talking about mostly EdT? Where can I see a list of pure "perfumes" ? The fragrance database on basenotes doesnt let you specify! Thanks!!

Default Re: Perfume vs EdT vs EdP vs Cologne

Quote Originally Posted by chaosman View Post
    Sorry if this an old topic but getting more and more into the community I am trying to educate myself on fragrances. From my understanding perfume has the most oils, then EdP, then EdT. What about just "cologne" ? Also are most of the stuff you guys are talking about mostly EdT? Where can I see a list of pure "perfumes" ? The fragrance database on basenotes doesnt let you specify! Thanks!!
    Don't forget that most US scents labelled "Cologne" are the same strength as European EDTs. European Eau de Cologne (EDC) is weaker and sometimes different slightly from the same EDT. Aftershave splash is sometimes at the same strength as EDC.

Most stuff spoken about here is indeed about EDT or the equivalent strength US Cologne. There are very much fewer EDP versions of male scents, so when they're being referred to, people state it.

There are a lot more women's scents labelled EDP. But don't think that means their scents are stronger or last longer than male ones. I've bought heaps of them in the past for women, and I know that they often don't last anywhere near as long as men's EDTs (probably has something to do with woody EDTs lasting longer than floral EDPs).

I haven't seen any pure Perfume version of a men's scent - which may explain why it's not specified in the Directory.
    Regards,
    Renato

Terre d'Hermes has been released in extrait concentration.

Habit Rouge was released in parfum concentration a while ago (in a limited edition). There are some examples of parfum marketed towards men, but it's still pretty rare...

Thumbs up Re: Perfume vs EdT vs EdP vs Cologne

The first one was CARON IMPACT DE POUR UN HOMME ( extrai of EdT Pour un Homme )
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Both Farenheit Parfum is due soon and YSL Nuit L'Homme in EDP

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    ...Farenheit Parfum is due soon....
    Sorry to Hijack this thread, but this is news to me! I may have missed previous mentionings of it, where did you hear that from? thanks.
    Last edited by MFJ; 19th August 2009 at 09:28 AM.

Clinique Happy For Men although listed as an edt is actually a cologne strength frag.

Wow Fahrenheit Parfum ! Interesting. I only knew of a Fahrenheit Absolute coming soon.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

I think all the bond no 9 fragrances are EdP as well

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Don't forget that most US scents labelled "Cologne" are the same strength as European EDTs. European Eau de Cologne (EDC) is weaker and sometimes different slightly from the same EDT. Aftershave splash is sometimes at the same strength as EDC.

Most stuff spoken about here is indeed about EDT or the equivalent strength US Cologne. There are very much fewer EDP versions of male scents, so when they're being referred to, people state it.

There are a lot more women's scents labelled EDP. But don't think that means their scents are stronger or last longer than male ones. I've bought heaps of them in the past for women, and I know that they often don't last anywhere near as long as men's EDTs (probably has something to do with woody EDTs lasting longer than floral EDPs).

I haven't seen any pure Perfume version of a men's scent - which may explain why it's not specified in the Directory.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Excellent post. I could not agree with it more.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.