Code of Conduct

Default Futur by Robert Piguet

I am SO DYING to try Futur. Apparently available in the UK at Harrods, has anyone tried this? Can you tell me its "meh" and that I probably won't like it

"Vivacious and dynamic, Futur blends lively notes of bergamot and neroli along with a green spring-like bouquet of violet and the sweet richness of jasmine and ylang, which evolves into a radiant base of vetiver, cedar and patchouli. Futur is the fragrance for those who dazzle the world with their impeccable style."

(descrip copied from NST)

Default Re: Futur by Robert Piguet

I was looking forward to trying it too...I get excited when I read about new fruity-floral-chypres hoping for an updated Mitsouko...but then they usually end up smelling like Chinatown.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    I was looking forward to trying it too...I get excited when I read about new fruity-floral-chypres hoping for an updated Mitsouko...but then they usually end up smelling like Chinatown.
    Oh lordy, please not Chinatown *holds up cross & garlic to ward off the devil*

I want it to be luscious rich AND green.
    Last edited by Jane Daly; 19th August 2009 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    Oh lordy, please not Chinatown *holds up cross & garlic to ward off the devil*

I want it to be luscious rich AND green.
    Fingers crossed...the thing he did for Azzaro was quite nice, so I have faith.

I think the Chinatown/Angel comparison has already been explored in the Piguet oeuvre with the re-issued Visa. From what I've been able to glean, Futur leans more to the green and earthy side. Call Parfums Raffy and have them put you on their list of people to call or e-mail as soon as they get Futur in - they're an official Piguet distributor in the U.S. and when I called to inquire, they were very aware of the buzz surrounding this launch and very eager to make it available to buyers.
    Last edited by Jardanel; 19th August 2009 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post
    I think the Chinatown/Angel comparison has already been explored in the Piguet oeuvre with the re-issued Visa. From what I've been able to glean, Futur leans more to the green and earthy side. Call Parfums Raffy and have them put you on their list of people to call or e-mail as soon as they get Futur in - they're an official Piguet distributor in the U.S. and when I called to inquire, they were very aware of the buzz surrounding this launch and very eager to make it available to buyers.
    That is great, thank you for the info

Green and earthy sounds wonderful.

Oh, thank God.

I thought I was the only one out there that didn't "get" Chinatown.

To me, it smells like the end of a long night at the Cotton Candy Machine at a PTO fundraiser. The promised "Oriental Spices" may kick in in the 8 hour drydown era, but by that time, even I am out of patience!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    Oh, thank God.

I thought I was the only one out there that didn't "get" Chinatown.

To me, it smells like the end of a long night at the Cotton Candy Machine at a PTO fundraiser. The promised "Oriental Spices" may kick in in the 8 hour drydown era, but by that time, even I am out of patience!
    Chinatown was such a shock to sniff. Positively screamed on my skin

Oh lordy, please not Chinatown *holds up cross & garlic to ward off the devil* I want it to be luscious rich AND green.
    T...Green and earthy sounds wonderful.
    Oh, thank God. I thought I was the only one out there that didn't "get" Chinatown...
    Chinatown was such a shock to sniff. Positively screamed on my skin
    Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Futur sounds lovely, and I didn't *get* Chinatown, either.

...smells like the end of a long night at the Cotton Candy Machine at a PTO fundraiser.
    Should be engraved on every bottle of Chinatown. I had such high hopes for it, too...

Thumbs up Re: Futur by Robert Piguet

I am SO DYING to try Futur. Apparently available in the UK at Harrods, has anyone tried this? Can you tell me its "meh" and that I probably won't like it

"Vivacious and dynamic, Futur blends lively notes of bergamot and neroli along with a green spring-like bouquet of violet and the sweet richness of jasmine and ylang, which evolves into a radiant base of vetiver, cedar and patchouli. Futur is the fragrance for those who dazzle the world with their impeccable style."

(descrip copied from NST)
    It is a fresh, green and citrus scent ( in french HESPÉRIDÉ )
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

It has been 6 months since I sniffed it [ didn't get a sample- there were none]-
    But I remember it as very edgy; of all the folks who tried it, it smelled good on me...
    But not too good on others.
    It felt almost green leathery, to me.

I understand Roja will not carry it, 'because I don't like it ' ;-)
    I would resniff before I buy- but I probably WILL, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    It is a fresh, green and citrus scent ( in french HESPÉRIDÉ )
    Hm, sounding better all the time....did you try it? And, did you like it? Sounding like something for a man or a woman to me.

Quote Originally Posted by chayaruchama View Post
    It has been 6 months since I sniffed it [ didn't get a sample- there were none]-
    But I remember it as very edgy; of all the folks who tried it, it smelled good on me...
    But not too good on others.
    It felt almost green leathery, to me.

I understand Roja will not carry it, 'because I don't like it ' ;-)
    I would resniff before I buy- but I probably WILL, LOL.
    Hm, green and leathery? That makes me think of EL Azuree (the original, not the beachy Tom Ford one) which I adore....thank you for sharing your impressions! Wish I could have sniffed and tried it with you! I just love the way we all "cook" the scent differently and seeing how it blooms on different skin.

I have sniffed it. Like all the others ROBERT PIGUET reformulations ( except CRAVACHE ) this is also like the original, which I new very well. IMHO it is a very good perfume for summer and for both female and male, although i have no problems to wear a female scent
    My advice......buy it....start with the 50 ml eau de parfum, you will not regret
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Perfumes

Green and leathery sounds right up my street. I am KEEN to try!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by soirdelune View Post
    Green and leathery sounds right up my street. I am KEEN to try!
    At the present you will find it only at Harrod's and Le Bon Marché in Paris
    Perfumes

Just bumping this in the hopes that I can hear from BNers who have worn/sampled this!!

Oh and this makes me want Futur even more!

http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...me-review.html

Mummie wants galbanum!! *dies*

Basenotes Institution

Just bumping this in the hopes that I can hear from BNers who have worn/sampled this!!

Oh and this makes me want Futur even more!

http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...me-review.html

Mummie wants galbanum!! *dies*
    Mummie - what have you done- I am now lemming this one too !;D
    I read the article- thanks ! Great list of notes for me to die for too. I am sure the US and Canada will get it soon - does The Perfumed Court have decants /samples I wonder ?

BTW - I liked Chinatown - don't throw me out of here !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Green? Leather? YES, PLEASE!

This Mummie is also on a Galbanum kick. Maybe I'll go huff a little Givenchy III until the need passes....
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Mummie - what have you done- I am now lemming this one too !;D
    I read the article- thanks ! Great list of notes for me to die for too. I am sure the US and Canada will get it soon - does The Perfumed Court have decants /samples I wonder ?

BTW - I liked Chinatown - don't throw me out of here !
    Green? Leather? YES, PLEASE!

This Mummie is also on a Galbanum kick. Maybe I'll go huff a little Givenchy III until the need passes....
    LOL girls!! You are so CUTE!!

I know, doesn't it sound divine?

Oh love Givenchy III, that should tide you over

*grabs mysticknot's Chinatown and runs*

I have vintage bottles of Vent Vert (original extrait) and Chanel No 19 (vintage EdT) on the way....so I think I'll be nicely Galbanumcised in short order.

I have vintage bottles of Vent Vert (original extrait) and Chanel No 19 (vintage EdT) on the way....so I think I'll be nicely Galbanumcised in short order.
    Oh that is galbanextasy!!

Clearly, I've had an itchy ebay finger this month. I shudder to think what I've bought, even though it's been nothing big when taken individually....just lots and lots of minis and small vintage bottles, adding up to:

Can't wait to try it, and if you like the drydown of chinatow give kenzo jungle elephant a go.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Any word on when this will hit our side of the ocean?

*waits with sofresh*

Ugh I want to try this so badly.

^^ Ruggles just posted that he tried it.

Haha! Well I'm Yet To Try Bandit :P

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Basenotes Plus

I was gifted with the edp for Christmas. 3x, would you like a wee bit to try?
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    I was gifted with the edp for Christmas. 3x, would you like a wee bit to try?
    That would be lovely

xo

I believe Parfums Raffy now has Futur in stock.

Well, I do like Chinatown (from what I recall of having tried it), and I love Jungle l'Elephant as well. I'm not so sure Futur would be my thing, though. I love galbanum but not leather so much. And I can't wear patchouli unless it's very, very subtle. So...more for you girls! I think Visa is the one I want to try.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    I have sniffed it. Like all the others ROBERT PIGUET reformulations ( except CRAVACHE ) this is also like the original, which I new very well. IMHO it is a very good perfume for summer and for both female and male, although i have no problems to wear a female scent
    My advice......buy it....start with the 50 ml eau de parfum, you will not regret
    In a scale from 1 to 10, how similar is the new Futur to the old Futur? And you say you knew the fragrance well, did you wear it back when it was first released? What was your experience?