Code of Conduct

Question Why do we have separate Male & Female forums?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I think that having separate male & female forums has become increasingly redundant. No one knows where to post questions & comments anymore when the subject isn't gender-specific (and even if it is).

Women are welcome to post in the men's section and vice versa, so I don't see what benefit there is to having us segregated.

Just my 2 cents.

Default Re: Why do we have separate Male & Female forums?

If the forums were combined, it wouldn't really changing my reading/browsing experience, because I always click the New Posts link in the toolbar and then click on all of the thread titles that interest me. I don't really notice which forum each of the threads is in.

For members who don't read the boards that way, I think separate boards probably keep things feeling tidy & manageable. A combined forum would mean they'd have to sort through a much busier, faster-moving list of threads, and discussions normally found on the FFD might get drowned out by the more prolific posting of MFD-type threads.

Just my 2.
    Last edited by tang; 25th August 2009 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    If the forums were combined, it wouldn't really changing my reading/browsing experience, because I always click the New Posts link in the toolbar and then click on all of the thread titles that interest me. I don't really notice which forum each of the threads is in.

For members who don't read the boards that way, I think separate boards probably keep things feeling tidy & manageable. A combined forum would mean they'd have to sort through a much busier, faster-moving list of threads, and discussions normally found on the FFD might get drowned out by the more prolific posting of MFD-type threads.

Just my 2.
    All valid points. I use the New Posts button too...but find it annoying to have to decide where to post new general comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh View Post
    All valid points. I use the New Posts button too...but find it annoying to have to decide where to post new general comments.
    Good point... I don't start very many new threads, so I neglected to address your main point about people wondering where to post.

When I do see threads cross-posted on both forums, I have to think there's a better way.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Good point... I don't start very many new threads, so I neglected to address your main point about people wondering where to post.

When I do see threads cross-posted on both forums, I have to think there's a better way.
    That's exactly why I started this thread...the fact that people are posting the same thread in multiple forums...seems counter-intuitive.