Code of Conduct

Default Anyone wear (or have) Fidji?

I'm just wondering what color it's supposed to be. I see it in both a light golden color and also in a darker honey color. Of course these are photos online but I'm guessing the darker ones are just older? Would you buy an older one if it's changed color like that? And, anyone know if it's been reformulated?

Thanks!

Default Re: Anyone wear (or have) Fidji?

I have recently tested Fidji at a mall kiosk; the guy opened the box (!!) so I could try it (and probably sealed it up again). It was the light golden color.

My bottle is the light golden colour. My mother's bottle (about 20 years older) is darker. I think it has been reformulated - Mums feels like there is slightly more depth to it. The new formulation is still wonderful though.

I have a vintage splash bottle, and it is quite yellow in color..I suppose its similar to what people are calling "light golden".

It has been reformulated, but it still smells wonderful. I have seen deeply yellow liquid versions and lighter yellow liquid versions quite recently, but the packaging was the same for both. Hmmm.

Post Re: Anyone wear (or have) Fidji?

Quote Originally Posted by JitterpigJen View Post
    I'm just wondering what color it's supposed to be. I see it in both a light golden color and also in a darker honey color. Of course these are photos online but I'm guessing the darker ones are just older? Would you buy an older one if it's changed color like that? And, anyone know if it's been reformulated?

Thanks!
    The oldest bottle I have is the EDP, it's seven years old, and what's left in the bottle is a light golden color. None of my bottles of Fidji, in any concentration, has ever darkened, possibly because I've never kept one long enough ! I've used Fidji since it was launched in the seventie's, my husband adores it on me. It made me heartsick when it was discontinued in the US. The EDT is still available online, but I haven't been able to find the EDP here for years. Most of the fragrances I favor are the stronger Orientals, Fidji's one of the exceptions, but since it's a lighter scent, I prefer the EDP, because of it lasts longer on me. There's a nice woman who shops for me in Paris, and I always have her bring back some EDP, which I'm unable to find here, and a bottle of Parfum, if I need it. It doesn't bother me a bit if I know of anyone who's going to Paris, to ask if they'll please bring me back some Fidji, it makes no difference to me whether I know them or not ! Unfortunately, none of my friends, or relatives, share my passion for perfume, so they don't understand it. When a very good friend of mine went to Paris, and brought me back a bottle of Bal a Versailles Parfum, I was in shock that she didn't get a single bottle for herself !

I'm going to tell y'all somthing I once did, that I'm ashamed to confess to any Basenotes members, because all of you go out of your way to share, the fragrances you love, and all sorts of advice, with Newbies, and other members. Before my husband retired, he traveled frequently, and he'd always bring me something back, mostly perfume. On one occasion, Tom's Secretary had admired the perfume I was wearing, which was of course Fidji. Knowing full well, that there was no danger of her buying it anywhere locally, I magnanimously gave her the name of the fragrance, and the Parfumer. My darling husband, came home from his next trip, and showed me two different sets of Fidji, and told me to choose the one I wanted, and he'd give to other to his secretary. Guys, if you want to seriously P*** your woman off, go out and buy the perfume you love on her the most," HER " perfume, and give it to your secretary !! I hope even the generous women of BN, will understand my ire !

Regards,
    MJ

LeNez: It was unacceptable! But it goes to show that the scent association meant little to the husband and that he didn't see it as signatory or as personal.

I'd remember something like this and file it away (heads up, men) in that secret file women keep.

LeNez: I have only ever worn (& loved!) the edt. Would love to try the edp, but the parfum must be GORGEOUS
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty