Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Call me Stupid...

Apparently this is supposed to make me buy the new Chanel fragrance...

I kind of see what they are shooting for, but I would suggest we hold out for the full monty...

let's face it, I'd bang Kiera like the screen door in the black and white, pre-storm movie shot that has ominous and eerie overtones of the storm-to-come signified by the slamming screen door that none dare venture out to latch...

scratch that, I'd bang her like the door in the storm itself!!!

but somehow this doesn't inspire me to open my wallet...

I'm sure I'm alone in this....
    Last edited by thaifighter; 20th August 2009 at 05:34 AM.
    top ten: L'Air du Desert Marocain, Black Aoud, Le Labo Rose 31, Bois du Portugal, Incense Rose, Millesime Imperial, Czech & Speake no.88, Terre de Hermes, Musc Ravageur, Nasomatto Duro

Best layers: GIT and TdH, GIT and BA

sample wishlist: Roses Musk

Default Re: Call me Stupid...

I think it's more subtle than that.

The add intends to have an individual's view of Chanel linked with sexy thoughts, and by all accounts given your "I'd bang Kiera but wouldn't buy Coco" it seems to have succeeded, even on a subliminal level.

Further the add is aimed at women; a different psychology. The "I'd bang her" takes a back seat to the aspirational glamour and suggestiveness portrayed.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

I fell for it...hehe

Might actually buy this again

Eek! Photoshop kills nipples yet again...

Meh, Kiera's overrated. She's like a less educated Natalie Portman, with less personality and gets naked too often.
    Sales thread here

If it was for Chanel Pour Homme. I'd get a bottle. lol.

but seriously, I don't get ads like those, I've seen the Polo Blue ad a million times with that bloke's face. doesn't really make me want to rush and buy it.... now if it were kiera on the other hand... hmmmm
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

i fell for it too.. :bounce:

There was a bottle of perfume in that picture?

Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Kiera is all wrong for Chanel , sure she is kinda pretty but she is dull and does nothing but complain about how terrible her life is / how she sufferes for her art . She is so skinny she has the body of a pre-pubescent boy , then there are the photoshopped boobies , at the best of times they like two drawing pins on an ironing board

Haha, without the thread I'd probally never seen this anyway. Though it seems very subtle and nothing to sexual for me. But.. a gorgeous brunette!
    unico grande amore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Kiera is all wrong for Chanel , sure she is kinda pretty but she is dull and does nothing but complain about how terrible her life is / how she sufferes for her art . She is so skinny she has the body of a pre-pubescent boy , then there are the photoshopped boobies , at the best of times they like two drawing pins on an ironing board
    lol - My thoughts exactly only much funnier
    Sales thread here

Fine, stupid.

Seriously, rawdog it and worm your way into her fortune.

When did Keira get boobs? And why did she opt for no nipples on her new boobs?

And the Photoshop Award goes to......

Gah. She's a vapid and flat (pardon the pun) actress. Makes me want that scent even less. Which is actually saying a lot
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

To quote Dorothy Parker " She runs the whole gamut of emotions from A to B "

Banned

Angel boobs.

Hmmm... I'd bang her myself but she needs to lose a few more pounds before I can even entertain the prospect...
    Last edited by Trebor; 20th August 2009 at 01:33 PM.

Youd snap the poor girl

You sooooo know the BN black shirts gonna shut this thread down LOL !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    To quote Dorothy Parker " She runs the whole gamut of emotions from A to B "
    Bwah haha!!

Perfectly put, as always.
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

This ad is directed at women as well as at men. Sex sells! Identifying the brand with a sexy image that says "Do you want me?" would appeal to many women as well as men. . . I think. "Buy me", purchase the boldness and brazen sexiness of this image/product. They may not be willing to admit to a same sex desire, but if the fragrance is cool enough to say it is sexy and it is desirable, then they might purchase the juice instead of taking the bolder step. Its a "come on" pure and simple and works on several levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlepuff View Post
    This ad is directed at women as well as at men. Sex sells! Identifying the brand with a sexy image that says "Do you want me?" would appeal to many women as well as men. . . I think. "Buy me", purchase the boldness and brazen sexiness of this image/product. They may not be willing to admit to a same sex desire, but if the fragrance is cool enough to say it is sexy and it is desirable, then they might purchase the juice instead of taking the bolder step. Its a "come on" pure and simple and works on several levels.
    Yes, but she needs to go on a diet first...

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Yes, but she needs to go on a diet first...
    I totally agree.

*slaps lettuce leaf from Keira's hand & gives her a cigarette*
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    I totally agree.

*slaps lettuce leaf from Keira's hand & gives her a cigarette*
    Oh God, no!!! Do you know how many calories are in a cigarette?

Blog Entries

Yuck!

The strap is crooked & is driving me nuts looking at it. Take it away, please!

And I too will ask, was there perfume in this picture?

Hmm ! ... Do I detect a few "envious" "sour grape-y" comments here up above ???

Personally I think she is gorgeous, and perfectly suited to Chanel's image. ...
    And although she is perfectly pretty "as is" ... I must say, that pic certainly has been "photoshoped" to within an inch of it's life.

Still, I think it works, and suits the scent ! ... And I'm pretty sure it will have the desired effect !

(P.S. ... As for the "boobies", as been mentioned, I think they too are just perfect. I happen to believe the whole "more than a handful (mouthful ?) is just a waist"...... ! )
    Last edited by Sybarite; 20th August 2009 at 09:56 PM.

Wow! She has a nice necklace!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Wow! She has a nice necklace!
    LOL ! The ad fail, apparently.

Last edited by TwoRoads; 20th August 2009 at 10:52 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Do I detect a few "envious" "sour grape-y"...
    Nah, more like sour apples...

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

1) Shouldn't this thread be on the Industry Discussion Board, or even the Female Fragrance Discussion board ?

2) Given the market, some additional female perspectives would be helpful to a sensible discussion.

3) It's just advertising, and it's all been done before (Sophie Dahl and Opium anyone?).

There was a thread about this on the women's board already. In the ad posted in that thread, she was wearing the shirt. It was much sexier, I thought, with the sheer shirt on rather than off. Consensus was that the "side boob" was airbrushed in that one too. To my eye, this ad looks like they photoshopped the shirt out of the photo--look around the beaded necklace and you'll see reflections and shadows that don't make sense. Makes you wonder why they didn't think the first ad was good enough.