Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default S o t D Thursday 20 August

Goodmorning!

Hot, humid and cloudy....not the best combination
    Staying cool and happy in

Pamplelune

Delicious fresh grapefruit without *any* BO note on me

Hug to Dora and Arwen Elf.

Last edited by Riannon; 20th August 2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Wrong day of the week :)
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Thumbs up Re: S o t D Tuesday 20 August

Jean-Paul Guerlain's HABIT ROUGE

Eau de Toilette

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

Default Re: S o t D Tuesday 20 August

My SOTD is Prada Infusion d'Homme.

Notes include neroli from Tunisia, iris palida, vetiver, cedar, incense and benzoin.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Dependent

Creed VIW
    Last edited by MFJ; 20th August 2009 at 09:59 PM.

Green Irish Tweed (Creed)

How are our dear hearts this am ?
    I hope healing...

Off to work, in YR Neonatura Cocoon.
    I went to bed in L'Air de Rien- but realized that perhaps my patients might not appreciate it ;-)-
    Hence, the Change.

Saw Julie and Julia yesterday, w/ J...
    He trhinks that Julia and I share " a certain voluptuous joie de vivre ", LOL...
    [This is my SON ?]

Anyhoo-
    May your day go well.
    MWAH.

What a lovely way to be described Chaya!!
    I'm all for a bit of joie de vivre.
    Decided on Ivoire again today - it seems to lift me out of the ordinary,
    run-of-the mill feeling.

Good morning all and a big hug to those having a hard time lately! Today is a really cloudy and rather Autumn-like day.Well...,I'm happy it doesn't rain Sotd is L'ombre dans l'eau.

Sorry Chaya I'm with J on this one you and Julia do share a joie de vivre that is infectious to those around you. As one of those who has been around you and always walk away with a smile.
    Loved Julie & Julia too from a foodie perspective and the subtler subtext of how things haven't changed all that much in 50 years. Great movie!

Still wearing scents that didn't put the wind in my sails first time around

Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Route du Vetiver

Its always interesting to me when I go to a party that as you approach the crowd of people there is always one voice that drifts above the crowd. As one who has a loud voice and speaks loudly, sometime this is myself I am describing. This would be in Seinfeld terms "The Loud Talker". People tend to shy away from The Loud Talker. When it comes to vetiver and the veritable party of scents out there one scent comes off as the unquestioned Loud Talker of vetiver and that is Jean Laporte's 1988 release for his Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier line, Route du Vetiver. One of the problems with the Loud Talker is the sheer volume has a habit of keeping people at arm's length and that is true of this scented Loud Talker. Route du Vetiver is the strongest vetiver I have come across. Many think of Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire to be the strongest but Route du Vetiver is a quantum leap stronger. This strength tends to make the opening overly medicinal and harsh. It has taken multiple wearings of Route du Vetiver for me to see beyond the harsh opening and appreciate the rest of what is on display.
    Right out of the atomizer you are hit with an intense vetiver smell. It is so strong that it comes off harsh to my nose making the first moments of Route du Vetiver a trial to be endured, for me. The first time I wore this I couldn't get past the raw intensely root-laden beginning and just didn't give it a chance. It took the second and third time for me to realize that after the harsh notes dissipate there is a drydown worth listening to. This starts with one of the best black currant accords I've come across. I don't know whether I think that because I'm so relieved to get away from the harsh beginning but it is paired with a lighter green accord and the dark fruit plus green is just beautiful. The vetiver seems to come back but at a third of the volume along with a mix of woods in the base with sandalwood the most prominent of the woods, although there are at least three other woods in here. Route du Vetiver has above average longevity and above average sillage. Because the vetiver is so strong at the beginning I think this is a scent one would have to be careful wearing out in public for the first 30 minutes or so as the beginning is so strong. After that, once it mellows, Route du Vetiver really does become a joy to behold. Like The Loud Talker I can understand not wanting to subject oneself to the volume, but if you do choose to get close enough you might find there is something under all the volume to be discovered.

Have a Translucent Thursday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

The supreme refreshment of Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien on this very hot day.

Enjoy your day!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

A sample that Andre sent with the DIVINE Kolnisch Juchten....one of the few Amouages (I've tried) that blows my skirts (if I wore them) up....the (in)famous... UBAR Woman....."Romancing the mystery of Ubar's splendour, Paradise is regained with echoes of Bergamot and Lily of the Valley complementing the majestic Damascene Rose with the eternal presence of Sandalwood".....(from the card copy)

"Voluptuous joi de vivre" is what I'd call it!!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Today it's Calvin (re-issue) from a sample.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Hot and humid (again!). Estee Lauder's Pure White Linen for me this morning.

Have a good day everyone!

L'Heure Bleu this morning, which I think I perspired off during my walk through Georgetown.

I am now in my air conditioned cube hoping that the sweat stains disappear from my clothes before a big presentation this morning.

BTW Riannon - puhlEEZE don't tell me it's Tuesday again.
    Last edited by sakecat22; 20th August 2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Dear Riannon, it´s Thursday today LOL!...I know...it´s the heat. (I posted my sotd at the Wednesday thread)

Geranium Pour Monsieur for me on this hot day.

See, how you guys are without me? Chaya knew it was someone's birthday yesterday but could not put her finger on it although Asha and Jasper did -- it was M-lle Coco's. I wore -- like Asha -- #19 too, despite my swears to do some Patou -- they share the birthday, for those who missed it! -- earlier this year. Ah shucks....

Anyhoooo, we moved again: same town, two blocks up north, Internet-less for a couple of days -- that's how I missed the Blind Summer Fun sniff -- and dogless for now. She is in a better place, over the rainbow.

Terre d'Hermes for me today.

I will try to answer all PMs in the next couple of days.

Amour de Cacao for this rainy day.

Default Re: S o t D Thursday 20 August

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    BTW Riannon - puhlEEZE don't tell me it's Tuesday again.
    Oh, my poor sakecat I have changed the day. Hope you feel a little bit better now. Ehrm.....it *is* Thursday, is is not?

:: pfff, it's too hot to think properly::

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Dear Riannon, it´s Thursday today LOL!...I know...it´s the heat. (I posted my sotd at the Wednesday thread)
    Glad I am not the only one suffering from an overheated brain
    Last edited by Riannon; 20th August 2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: As I said....too hot!!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Rocky start today. A tornado hit our town last night. We just regained power at about 6:10 this morning. Earliest reports I've heard/read say that the middle school's roof was ripped off, along with the destruction of many houses and apartments nearby. My own little family dwelling is spared, and we are all just fine - thanking my lucky stars! Yesterday was the first day back to school for the kids, but school has been cancelled today. We'll just have to see what tomorrow brings.
    Stay safe everyone.

SOTD - Fleur des Comores by MPG

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Anyhoooo, we moved again: same town, two blocks up north, Internet-less for a couple of days -- that's how I missed the Blind Summer Fun sniff -- and dogless for now. She is in a better place, over the rainbow.
    Dogless? Oh no, I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe she met up with my old boy for some frolicking

Today is the weird yet wonderful AA Gentiana- comforting & uplifting citrus, pear, gentian, musk & sandalwood.

Last edited by Jane Daly; 20th August 2009 at 02:06 PM.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Default Oh geeze....

....missed that. So sorry Sweet Cakes...but like you said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    -- and dogless for now. She is in a better place, over the rainbow.

Terre d'Hermes for me today.

I will try to answer all PMs in the next couple of days.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Diorella today along with an earache. Waiting for the doctor to call back as I soldier along at work.

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Yes, I spotted that and thought that eye looked a bit cloudy!

Oh dear, Ubu, that must have been scary - stay safe!

And poor Therese with earache - that can be so distracting - anything in the head is hard to detach yourself from.

Well, I am having a pretty gross day testing and just today I do not care that the Ava Luxe shop is shut, even though I love Gardenia Musk and am keen to try the iconic LTBL. No, today the shop can stay closed, for I am sampling some rather disagreeable things:

AL Kretek (clove cigarettes - neatly combining a habit I do not have and memories of the dentist's chair - not a winning combo)

AL Madeleine (dental anaesthetic, that is how piquant the spices were)

AL The Noir (I don't drink coffee, but this could drive me into the arms of Starbucks)

AL Tokion (strange little herbal incense number)

To leaven the lump (with little success), I also applied:

AG Eau du Ciel (like L'Ete en Douce - "laundry soap on steroids")

Dior Midnight Poison (this is so insipid - like a weak fruity floral - I am wondering if it has been mislabelled - I was expecting something a bit woody, a bit darker.)

Il Profumo Acqua e Sale (this makes me crave sugar pronto, though the one with Zucchero in it I know I find too sweet!)

Armani Gio (the original one with carnation or clove, though with some headier notes in there - hyacinth? Lilac? The clovey carnation note is dominant - seems I cannot escape the dentist theme today.)
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 20th August 2009 at 02:22 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Angel. I'm appreciating its creamy sweetness while battling a sinus infection on a rainy morning. I feel blanketed in something comforting. I can't believe I loathed this fragrance on first sniff.
    Your friend is your needs answered. He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.

Welcome back Twolf, I had wondered where you went! Missed you on the blind sniff.

Started the day in L'Occitane Eau des Vanilliers, went to bf's work and let him give me a healthy spritzing of Armani Code (his choice, I think I like this!)

Have a great day everyone!

Ubu, I'm so glad you and your family are safe.

Therese, I hope you get to see your doc very soon and get that ear organized.

Thinking of arwen_elf and dora and wishing them strength.

VM, your morning does sound gross. Mine's been varied; here's the low-down:

AL Forbidden Fruits is a very clove-heavy, powdery fruity number that isn't bad but not really me.

YSL Opium Fleur de Shanghai is the epitome of the floriental with a creamy drydown. Like this a lot.

Lilly Pulitzer (thank you for introducing this to me, Taolady)
    Beachy: fun, tropically beachy scent that I prefer to the likes of Azuree Soleil
    Squeeze: another fun one, sweet and bright citrus
    Wink: opens a little too teeny-bopper for me with a healthy dallop of cotton candy (healthy?!), but then there's some lovely pink grapefruit in there that livens it up

SIP Moon Garden: wonderfully dark iris and lilac

DSH Tamarind Paprika: dusty fruity oily yawn

AL Sweet Patchouli : syrupy sweet

i Profumi di Firenze's Tulipano Negro is dark, dusty, animalic tulips; can't handle that much animal

i Profumi's Melone is floor varnish

Going to a friend's for lunch but am afraid to wear fragrance (gasp!)...yesterday the wasps were everywhere and I even got stung!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Ubu: that sounds awful! Glad you are okay.

VM: what a pongy hotch-potch!

3xasif: I love AA Gentiana, and surprised that it doesn't get more love. It's fresh and so pretty.

Started my day very successfully in Penhaligon's Douro, which is one of my best colognes for cutting through humidity. Then, like a stupe, I saw fit to spray myself with Chance Eau Fraiche in my local department store at lunchtime. It's just horrendous on me: like a cheap and nasty aftershave. Bleugh!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Plus

(((((Twolf))))) I'm so sorry!
    Therese and Sirena, feel better soon.
    Ubu, how scary! Very glad to hear you and yours are ok.

Christian Dior Dolce Vita. Mmm-mm-good.

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

sotd:
    Costume National
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Ubu, glad you and your family are safe and sound... May everyone else in your town fare as well.

(((Twolf))) !!! Maybe your poor doggie is chasing our dear giant bunny who hopped to the great hereafter this spring, leaving his two brothers briefly confused and growing even more enormous.

My SoTD is Montale Sandflowers from a wonderful BNer! A lovely summer scent (I also use this in the dark of winter when I need to remember the sun and sea).

Sandflowers notes: Marine notes, juniper berries, sandalwood and oakmoss.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Institution

Ubu - I am thinking of you ,my dear ! *BIG HUG *

Today it's Amouage Ubar thanks to Kumquat- it's gorgeous !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

LP Beachy again today for me. This one just puts a smile on my face & a spring in my step. Of course this being the first day of school I am also enjoying a little peace & quiet, before heading off to get about 8" of hair whacked off. Woohoo!

Twolf, I'm so sorry to hear that.
    But like my favorite quote from my handsome asperger student said, your dog will now staying at "The Happy Dog Land" up there.

(((hug)))

Good morning all!

I'm so sorry about your dog, Twolf. I love the idea of your dog frolicking with ComDiva's bunny and 3xasif's pup, along with several of my beloved cats. In a special place designed just for them.

Ubu, I'm glad you and your family are OK. Tornados sound scary! BTW, our local forest fire is now well under control. No deaths and not many structures lost.

Lovethescents, looks like you've been taking sampling lessons from the Queen of the MishMash, VMIHateCivet! You both smell, well, interesting.

I chose Shaal Nur this morning. It's good for when I want to feel serene and on top of things. Or at least for pretending that I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Twolf, I'm so sorry to hear that.
    But like my favorite quote from my handsome asperger student said, your dog will now staying at "The Happy Dog Land" up there.
    I love that, Jasper! I hope your lovely pups are doing well.

Blog Entries

Bois de Paradis today!

Ubu, I am so happy you were spared, but sorry the area was hit so badly.
    Twolf, sorry about your furry friend, I have lost several furry angels over the years and like to think they are waiting over the rainbow bridge.

Yesterday, I slipped on some moss, more moss than ever this year due to the rain rain rain, and scraped up my leg a bit. So for revenge I will wear the mossy remnants of their brethren and feel superior over the darn things! JL Scherrer for me today. Take that you slippery plants!!

Ubu, glad to see you were spared. Twolf, sorry about your doggie.

Wearing L'Heure Exquise by AG.

Today I am testing Champs Elysees by Guerlain.

Very good so far. A fun happy scent!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

An aired out scent

its Dune By Dior
    I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Hugs and smackers, my tender tomatoes!

Dora, Musse, where are you? You're on our minds and in our hearts.

How many stress points have you accumulated this year in the game of life, Twolf? The passing of one's puppy dog is especially draining. She (or he?) was sooo fortunate to know your love and care. I wish you so much peace and beauty, dear woman!

At least fate has seen fit to steer around Ubu with its mighty wind. On the subject of wind, I'll be seeing you soon in the Windy City. I can't believe it--I always find it hard to believe anything so happy.

From your achy ears to your shattered shins to your hurting hearts, I send out virtual medicines to all.

Chaya, glad you've brought up the J&J movie. Because of Julia Child and Sister Wendy, I like to believe it's possible for any woman to become a PBS diva. I'd like my own show -- oh, I could call it Joy de Vivre!

I'm wearing Thymes Fig Leaf & Cassis -- with thanks to Tang and whoever else had a hand in adding goodies to the Name The Bottles contest. This was one of the first scents I owned, then I swapped it away, then I almost bought a roller ball on sale for $9, but thought I should save the money, but now I have some, and I'm positively gleeful! As you old-timers know, my honey doesn't like fig. I warned him before he sniffed this pretty bottle. Funny guy. "WHAT DID YOU ROLL IN?" he said, inferring I'd acted like a naughty dog.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Several years ago, in the early days of scent collecting, someone mentioned that Gres Cabaret smelled just like Voleur de Roses. Now, at this primitive stage of building a fragrance wardrobe, I was put off by the $65.00 L'Artisan charged for a 50-ml bottle of VdR. Why bother, when Marshalls had Cabaret for something like fifteen dollars?

And so it happened that I experienced the sooty Cabaret and hated it and also learned that not all senses of smell translate things the same way (which we all learn eventually, though some later than others). There was no recourse but to buy VdR immediately, along with Vanilia as I recall.

Nothing is like VdR's rainy curtain of rose, plum, and patchouli. It's one of those fragrances that serendipitously work with very little "arrangment," sort of like certain cult oils just come together well although made of four ingredients. It might be thin, but show me an Artisan that isn't and try to convince me that a thinned-out scent sometimes isn't just the balm the weary nose needs. I don't think VdR would work if done more thickly. The very idea of rain (or any type of water, whether falls or puddles) really demands that the other elements be muted and slightly out of focus.

You get rained on the entire time you wear VdR and it is this effect that really makes the scent for me and separates it from other favorite patchoulis (Les Nereides Patch Antique, Montale) that have more pungency and assertion. VdR is like a rain-drenched rose that you realize is going to very quickly lose its scent; you pick it anyway, letting beads of water drop off the petals while you marvel at how the rain has muted the smell so that you must press your nose quite closely to get a sense of it.

The patchouli is a mildly medicinal one, not totally green. Here, it stands in for dirt and it doesn't quite make it. This isn't an issue. It would then become too ascetic for me, as is the case with I HATE PERFUME scents that superbly translate experiences to scent but are not terribly enjoyable to wear.

Twolf, I am so sorry about your dog - having lost a beloved pet this year I do feel for you.

My "pongy hotchpotch" got worse this afternoon with a dab of Drole de Rose and one of Daisy.

Now what shall I put in the neck area - that seems to still be vacant!

Queen of the MishMash (I like that, Haunani!)
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 20th August 2009 at 07:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    Yesterday, I slipped on some moss, more moss than ever this year due to the rain rain rain, and scraped up my leg a bit.
    I started reading and hoped this was leading to some fabulous must-try chypre. Hope you recover swiftly from the fall, Zibeline.

Ubu, I'm relieved to hear your okay! Sorry about the town, however.

Twolf, I'm so sorry to hear about your fur-child. You took such good care of her for so long, above and beyond what most would do.

I have to go to Macy's later today to return that too expensive $60 swimsuit (even though it's sooo cute), and will pop into Sephora to choose an SotD. Mom will be with me of course, and I'll pick something to spritz on her too. Her three favorites over the years have been Opium, Oscar, and now Cashmere Musk. Hmm, what to choose?
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

I am in Bois Blond today!
    Such a wonderful scent really
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Twolf, I am so sorry about your doggy. You've had more than your share of bad news this year, yet you keep on plugging away. I admire your spirit, and I hope you are in for a long spell of happiness.

Ubu, glad you are okay; very sad about the damages inflicted, though.

SOTD is AL China Pearl. (Unlike VM this morning, I am still hoping Serena resumes selling perfumes, not just perfume oils.)

Take care, all.

Bois d'Iris in copious amounts today, just 'cause I felt like it. Bagged me 2 compliments, too. It felt more soapy than I remembered, but still very grown-up, composed, business-like. I like it a lot.

Hugs to dora, arwen_elf, twolf, and ubu. Yikes, some days, eh? Keep strong, dears.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

[QUOTE=an_oud_girl;1594834]I started reading and hoped this was leading to some fabulous must-try chypre. Hope you recover swiftly from the fall, Zibeline.

Was never more than a scrape. But mosses must pay, so AL Moss for my evening with a spritz of the totally delectable Jacomo Parfum Rare, a chypre, just to give the dead moss carcasses some spicy depth.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    Queen of the MishMash (I like that, Haunani!)
    Ooo, ooo, how about the Maharani of MishMash? And if Haunani joined you, she'd be "Haunani the Maharani of MishMash."
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Montana Parfum d'Homme tonight. This fragrance is beautiful from start to finish.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Ooo, ooo, how about the Maharani of MishMash? And if Haunani joined you, she'd be "Haunani the Maharani of MishMash."
    Ooh, Maharani of MishMash is very good! No, I will never join VM, fond as I am of her. Her sampling style would confuse my poor little smell-brain!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    LMAO!!!!!!!!

You remind me of the time long ago when, as part of the market research studies I carried out, I used to interview a client's competitors in order to size tricky industrial markets - not covertly exactly - but we tended not to volunteer who was behind the study unless asked. Thus it was that at the end of a particularly delicate acquisition job, a client in the business of turned stair parts once jokingly dubbed me: "The Mata Hari of The Spindle World".
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 20th August 2009 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Ooh, Maharani of MishMash is very good! No, I will never join VM, fond as I am of her. Her sampling style would confuse my poor little smell-brain!
    My little smell-brain is feeling pretty addled and punch drunk at this point, I might tell you, H! I am, however, about 20 samples away from the bottom of my swap bag and then I will revel in the wearing of a single scent per day for a while....till I get restless....or more swap packages arrive....

Basenotes Institution

Twolf- I am sorry I missed out about your doggie. *BIG BIG HUG* I have lost many loved doggies too - they are family.

This afternoon- I have felt a hankering for some of the original Poison by Dior- this does not come along too often ! Lovely !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 20th August 2009 at 10:19 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Haunani, I'm a bit of an instant-gratification girl. Whenever i get a bag of samples, I want to try them all! It's silly and sometimes confusing...I can't just have a slice of cake....need it all.

signed,
    Piggy
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    ... a client in the business of turned stair parts once jokingly dubbed me: "The Mata Hari of The Spindle World".
    LOL x 2!

Thank you all, so much, for thinking about me.
    Don't worry, for now things seem to be ok.

Twolf, I am so sorry about your dog...
    Ubu, tornados is one thing we do not have to worry about here in Greece. Of course we have earthquakes.... I am glad you are ok!

I try not to worry and do something useful instead. I cooked four different plates and this is a record for me ( I hate cooking!...)

I was wearing Ubar today, from a sample, and I agree with Taolady, from the top notes till the end, this is a wonderful perfume.
    Last edited by *dora*; 20th August 2009 at 11:25 PM.

Hi everyone, wearing Burberry Brit Red today.

I'm wearing Trouble today.

Twolf, so very sorry to hear about your dear doggie. Yes, I believe there is a Rainbow Bridge for our pets. http://www.rainbowbridge.com/Poem.htm

Ubu, I'm glad the tornado wasn't any worse for you and your family ...

take care, everyone
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Hi all!

Today's SOTD has been Tiffany For Men Sport by Tiffany, with thanks to Redneck Perfumisto for the sample!

The top of this was quite similar to yesterday's Azzaro Chrome - bergamot, pink pepper, and ozone - a pretty typical late-90's "fresh" fragrance. But where Chrome (and many of its ilk) suffered from its calone base, Tiffany goes a step nicer with a base of floral vanilla. The ozonic top is still a bit more artificial than I prefer now, but this is nicely done.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??