Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Fahrenheit Absolute - I own a bottle

I am so excited. I managed to get myself a bottle of Dior's Fahrenheit Absolute today, well ahead of it's launch date.

I have been waiting for this with anticipation after being told by various Dior SAs that it isn't launched until October. I couldn't believe my luck today and I am not disapointed. It's fabulous!

The SA only sprayed a small mist onto my hand over 2 hours ago and even though there wasn't a lot on my hand, it still smells fantastic. The SA buckled under my pleading gaze and sold me a 100ml bottle which is only £10 more expensive than the 50ml.

Straight away I could smell the oudh faintly mixed in with incense and myrrh, such a perfect combination. On my skin, I noticed that the violet leaf was a lot more subdued and in the background compared to the original. The drydown has definately got the myrrh more emphasized with it's signature dry woody smell.

I'm sure that Fahrenheit/woody/oudh lovers will not be disapointed by this one. Well done Dior.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Default Re: Fahrenheit Absolute - I own a bottle

Ugh, I've been waiting for this since forever. I envy you.
    sell us decants! hehe
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Thanks for the review. I've been waiting with anticipation.

How's the longevity and sillage compared to the original ?

Any frags out that that smell similar to Absolute?
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyX View Post
    Ugh, I've been waiting for this since forever. I envy you.
    sell us decants! hehe
    Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Thanks for the review. I've been waiting with anticipation.

How's the longevity and sillage compared to the original ?

Any frags out that that smell similar to Absolute?
    I haven't actually given it a full spray yet on my neck, but going from the small mist on my hand, it looks as if longevity and sillage are not going to be a problem at all. As for anything similar, I think that Dior have actually produced something original for us guys that is totally different from any other men's scents on the market. About time too, I am sick of sniffing recent releases that are just another copy of something else.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Dependent

My hopes are even higher now, thanks for sharing.

I can't wait to get my hands on a bottle !

Thanks once more Prince Barry
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

You're both very welcome.

Roja Dove

Me wants...!

I didnt realise it wasnt out yet which may explain why Ive not found it yet . I cant wait to try it and hope its somewhere near the original formulation Farenheit

I have to agree with Prince Barry on this one, Dior have created another top notch fragrance with the new Absolute!

I have to say that the insence/Myhrre combination is fantastic, smooth and sophisticated, having been on my hand for 90 minutes so far, and I cant wait to see what direction it goes in.

With regards to similar fragrances, the only thing I can think of similar is the new Paul Smith Men fragrance, that has similar Insence accords, although it is much sweeter before the patchouli and musk comes through. I would say that Absolute is more sophisticated andd better crafted so far but both are in my top three designer fragrances for 2009 so far.

For Pour_Monsiuer

Please do not be expecting an original formulation of fahranheit. As much as I would love this too, the new fragrance does not go in that direction. Treat it as a new creation and you will have a greater appreciation of Dior's new creation.

Just to let you know that I tried in in Boots, where they had it for sale at £39 for a 50ml and £54 for the 100ml. That was the Glasgow St Enoch Centre store for any Scottish Basenoters in the vicinity!
    Last edited by LeeScot; 20th August 2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: My bad spelling!

Thanks Lee , cant wait to give it a try

*wipes drool from chin*

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Smile Re: Fahrenheit Absolute - I own a bottle

This does indeed sound exciting! Does anyone know when it will be available in the USA?

Thanks,

TJ

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    I didnt realise it wasnt out yet which may explain why Ive not found it yet . I cant wait to try it and hope its somewhere near the original formulation Farenheit
    Boots have it in their fragrance section but not on the Dior counter. I tried it today and it's simply amazing, warm, spicy (and slightly skanky) oud, mixed with gorgeous chocolate and violet notes. In definitely going to get a bottle.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

My word,
    This sounds too good to be true!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Holy s**t!!

It just keps getting better and better!! the chocolate... the woods... why does this have to come out before I go on holiday???? I will now have to wait a few months before purchasing!

However, I will be making my yearly pilgrimage to the Guerlain boutique in Walt Disney World, and I am allowing mysef the consolation of purchasing an exclusive fragrance there.
    Last edited by LeeScot; 20th August 2009 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    Boots have it in their fragrance section but not on the Dior counter. I tried it today and it's simply amazing, warm, spicy (and slightly skanky) oud, mixed with gorgeous chocolate and violet notes. In definitely going to get a bottle.
    Not sure if I would describe the Oudh as skanky, it's quite mellow. No chocolate note in it for me.

Roja Dove

I cant wait , I feel the same when Polo Modern Reserve was announced, I am sure it will not disappoint me. I want iiiiit.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    I cant wait , I feel the same when Polo Modern Reserve was announced, I am sure it will not disappoint me. I want iiiiit.

I am really looking forward to trying it. I just hope I will not be as extremely disappointed as I was with Polo Modern Reserve.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Just ordered it!!!
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Just ordered it!!!
    good to hear! Would you mind sharing where from? Thanks

I was in a UK based retail store today (John Lewis) and I politely asked an SA from the Dior counter when Fahrenheit Absolute would come out and another SA overheard me, this SA than gave a 5 star review of it saying it was an amazing scent....and well worth the wait. They checked their books and told me that the release date would be 17th September, which I assume is for the UK only.
    Last edited by Aerandir4; 20th August 2009 at 08:39 PM.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

So is there really no recognisable Fahrenheit "anything" in it at all ??? ... It just smells like a completely different frag altogether ??? .... I'm not sure if I am liking this fact or not !? ... I must say, I was expecting at very least a Fahrenheit skeleton to the the Absolute !

I mean, if this is really the case ... I am now wondering why Dior didn't just call it something else altogether ???

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    I mean, if this is really the case ... I am now wondering why Dior didn't just call it something else altogether ???
    Because its easier to sell something with the Fahrenheit name on it, the label has a foundation. Especially if its such a novel genre of scent for the mass market.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerandir4 View Post
    I was in a UK based retail store today (John Lewis) and I politely asked an SA from the Dior counter when Fahrenheit Absolute would come out and another SA overheard me, this SA than gave a 5 star review of it saying it was an amazing scent....and well worth the wait. They checked their books and told me that the release date would be 17th September, which I assume is for the UK only.
    Have you tried the big Boots in the Arndale Centre? Boots have the launch for this scent and I'm sure that they will have it in, although it's not supposed to be sold until next Wednesday, they might sell you some.

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    So is there really no recognisable Fahrenheit "anything" in it at all ??? ... It just smells like a completely different frag altogether ??? .... I'm not sure if I am liking this fact or not !? ... I must say, I was expecting at very least a Fahrenheit skeleton to the the Absolute !

Like I said in my original post, it does have the violet leaf in it which was the main note in the original that stood out.

Roja Dove

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    good to hear! Would you mind sharing where from? Thanks
    My usual way: emailed my sis-in-law who is on vacation in London to get it for me on her way back here (Nigeria),

My home country is not listed in PayPal and online transactions from Nigerian IPs are no nos
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

When is the US release date? I thought it was August??

To those of you who have been lucky enough to smell it: where were you?

I don't expect to be able to buy a bottle, but I'd like to sniff it if possible. Should I just track down as many Dior booth SAs as possible, or is there a certain store that might be more likely to have a pre-release bottle on hand?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post

I don't expect to be able to buy a bottle, but I'd like to sniff it if possible. Should I just track down as many Dior booth SAs as possible, or is there a certain store that might be more likely to have a pre-release bottle on hand?
    So far it looks as if it's only in the UK.

Roja Dove

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post

I tested it in Boots, as did a few others. I did not see it in any of the department stores near me.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Have you tried the big Boots in the Arndale Centre? Boots have the launch for this scent and I'm sure that they will have it in, although it's not supposed to be sold until next Wednesday, they might sell you some.
    Thank you Prince, I'll have a look today, I will be in central Manchester for a few hours.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Hi Barry! As I told you into the italian forum, I'll be eager until september 22th when F.Absolute is supposed to be on sale in Italy. Many thanks for sharing your opinion.
    "A man is a woman consisting entirely of top notes" (Luca Turin)

http://www.adjiumi.it/adjnpforum/index.php?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Oudh View Post
    Hi Barry! As I told you into the italian forum, I'll be eager until september 22th when F.Absolute is supposed to be on sale in Italy. Many thanks for sharing your opinion.
    I replied to you on the Italian forum Robin.

Roja Dove

BINGO

I should be meeting with a few reps in a few hours. I'll ask when it should be around the states.

If it's as good as you say it is, I may snag a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    I replied to you on the Italian forum Robin.
    Read!
    "A man is a woman consisting entirely of top notes" (Luca Turin)

http://www.adjiumi.it/adjnpforum/index.php?

Me too!.....bought mine this morning, in fact the SA brought it up for display due to my interest............cool!
    Libertines description is pretty much spot on, although I don't get the chocolate....but I do get a sweet smokiness......yum!
    Try it, you'll like it!....I like it a lot!
    Last edited by Str8_SHAVER; 21st August 2009 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_SHAVER View Post
    Me too!.....bought mine this morning, in fact the SA brought it up for display due to my interest............cool!
    So lets hear your perspective Str8_shaver!

I tried Fahrenheit way back when, so when I first put it on, I thought.....yep, Fahrenheit (as my memory serves)....then it goes through the skanky bit.....all the while it has that trade mark feel about it.....I feel it is everything Fahrenheit should have been....it also goes through a very spicy peppery stage, to the point they should have called it Fahrenheit au Poivre.......and now getting on to 5hrs in it has a slightly sweet smokiness about it.......this is only my first sampling from the SA this morning, and I'm sure it has more to offer as I live with it a little more.......a thoroughly satisfying scent.
    And many thanks to Prince Barry for bringing this to my attention.....a great call!
    Last edited by Str8_SHAVER; 21st August 2009 at 12:59 PM.

I still reckon I get chocolate from it! Smoky sweetness might be a better description. If that is the Oud (because the only other Ouds I know are M7 - super sweet, and Euphoria Intense - again super sweet to me) then I loves it.

Sybarite....give it a shot, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_SHAVER View Post
    And many thanks to Prince Barry for bringing this to my attention.....a great call!
    You're welcome m8.

Roja Dove

Is this comparable in any way to Tom Ford's Oud Wood? I'm really enjoying my sample of the TF right now, so when I think of oud and woods combined, this is what I think of. It's also incredibly overpriced, so I was hoping that maybe Fahrenheit Absolute could be substitute.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    Is this comparable in any way to Tom Ford's Oud Wood? I'm really enjoying my sample of the TF right now, so when I think of oud and woods combined, this is what I think of. It's also incredibly overpriced, so I was hoping that maybe Fahrenheit Absolute could be substitute.
    Sorry, no similarity whatsoever.

Roja Dove

Is there anything in this one for haters of the original?
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & RÍve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
    Is there anything in this one for haters of the original?
    Depends what part of the original that you hated. If it was the violet note, yes, it is in it, but more subdued.

Roja Dove

I tried it before I joined Basenotes but I remember disliking the fuel-like rubber/asphalt notes... What is left of that?
    Chant d'Aromes extrait

Selling/swapping:
    ---

BINGO

A shout out to the US peeps. I spoke with a few reps today and none of them have heard anything about FA hitting the states anytime soon. However, one lady says they receive Dior new releases over night and without warning.

*Waiting Impatiently to get my hands on one *

Has anybody seen it in Germany already..? I WANT it... NOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
    I tried it before I joined Basenotes but I remember disliking the fuel-like rubber/asphalt notes... What is left of that?
    That bit is totally gone in the Absolute. Test with confidence

Roja Dove

Great, thanks for the intel!
    Chant d'Aromes extrait

Selling/swapping:
    ---

Fahrenheit Absolute (full wearing) this is what I'm getting........warm woody oudh, warm spicy pepper, smoky incense, and in the background, that unmistakable Fahrenheit note.....stunning and captivating.........it has definitely become one of my fave frags! I'm actually tempted to buy another 100ml.
    Last edited by Str8_SHAVER; 23rd August 2009 at 11:58 AM.

I tried this yesterday, and while I thought it was pleasant, for me it was missing the uniqueness that made the original Fahrenheit such a wonderful fragrance. I fear that those who truly love the original, may not find enough of it left in this release to make a switch. Fahrenheit absolute strikes me very much as a fragrance that's consistent with what's in vogue in male fragrance right now, while (to me) original Fahrenheit is timeless. (Although I know many might argue that it's just about as '1980s' as they come! ) Nonetheless, it's a very good fragrance (many times better than Davidoff's Hot Water that I tried during the same visit), and well worth trying even if the original isn't your cup-of-tea. I'll probably try it again soon, and reserve the right to reconsider my first impressions!
    Last edited by StewartGallacher; 23rd August 2009 at 12:23 PM.

OK, I am getting a little confused over here ! ... Half of you are saying that there is the unmistakable Fahrenheit signature to it. Whilst the other half say that it is completely different ????? ... So which is it really ???

Lets say, in a blind test , would one be able to tell immediately (or at any point along) that it was "related" to Fahrenheit ? Or would it seem like a completely different frag altogether ???

I actually really grew to luv the original Fahrenheit, so I suppose I don't really mind either way. From the descriptions so far, I think I am bound to like it regardless of whether it's reminiscent of the original one or not. ...
    But am still just really curious that some of you seem to be able to pick up on the original Fahrenheit, whilst others do not ??? ... (It can't be both ways ! ~ It either is or it isn't ~ So which is it then ???

Then a quick question about it's oud note. We all know that there are many a different "type" of oud note flying around. And I'm presuming that the one used here is most likely bound to be a synthetic one (?). ... So can someone perhaps enlighten us as to which other oud frag's oud note, is the most similar to the oud note used here in Fahrenheit Absolute ???

If I had tested it blind, without knowing the name of the fragrance, I honestly don't think I would have linked Fahrenheit Absolute to original Fahrenheit.

From reading this thread, it's clear that there are differences among the members in what they like about Fahrenheit. For me, it's the combination of moss / honeysuckle and what's often referred to as a petrol-like accord. I regard Fahrenheit as a 'green' scent, but for sure it's an odd green scent, and that's reflected in the name, which doesn't evoke greenery at all.

By contrast, Fahrenheit Absolute is very much a sweet woody incense scent, and, to me, a much more conventional proposition that's consistent with the current trend for woody amber scents, which isn't to say that it's not an excellent example of this genre. (I agree with LeeScot's observation that it's somewhat similar to the new Paul Smith scent.) I'm pleased that many of the UK members who have tried it are enjoying it, and will be sure to try it again with an open mind.
    Last edited by StewartGallacher; 23rd August 2009 at 10:22 PM.

Ok, I'm not sure which note/s it is that gives it that signature smell......is it violet?. All I can say is .....when you smell it for yourself, you should know what I mean.... it just has that subtle smell about it that will remind you of Fahrenheit, and as Prince Barry has said, it's a lot more subdued .....hope that helps.

But am still just really curious that some of you seem to be able to pick up on the original Fahrenheit, whilst others do not ???
    I guess everyones sense of smell varies......as some are smelling chocolate.......and I'm really struggling to find that note......
    Last edited by Str8_SHAVER; 23rd August 2009 at 01:33 PM.

i cant wait to try this, guerlain homme intense and this Dior are high expectations to me!

I tried this today in a Boots store in Dublin. I absolutely *detested* it. It smelled like a small animal had died on my hand and was rapidly decomposing. Absolutely revolting. After about an hour it turned into a pure incense smell, but I still didn't like it.

I definitely won't be buying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I tried this today in a Boots store in Dublin. I absolutely *detested* it. It smelled like a small animal had died on my hand and was rapidly decomposing. Absolutely revolting. After about an hour it turned into a pure incense smell, but I still didn't like it.

Sounds like this could be another very polarizing scent, just like the original, which I can't take to myself. However, I'm really curious to try this.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post

I'm presuming Oudh is not for you then !? (That's most probably the "little dead animal" ya talkin about). ...

Did you by any chance like the original Fahrenheit ???