Code of Conduct

Default Samples from LuckyScent

I got 3 samples from LuckyScent today, Amoauge Lyric, Chocolat Amere and Tam Dao by Diptyque. I let 4 of the girls from my workplace smell them, on me and they all chose Chocolat Amere by Il Profumo. My intention was to try Amouage Lyric after hearing so much about it. But I guess, it fail to impress the ladies. Chocolat Amere, to me, smells a little like A*Men, a strong and in your face fragrance. Has anyone here ever tried Chocolat Amere? I tried to find some reviews here in Basenotes, but none available.

Default Re: Samples from LuckyScent

Here's a link to the one review of Chocolate Amere by BN member Surreality.

It's hard to find because there's an accent on the first "e" in "Amere."

Are the women at your work relatively young? I've found that younger women prefer the sweeter, gourmand fragrances, while older ones or women who are more open to new experiences love the ones that weird and mysterious, like Lyric. Either way, you gotta decide if you wanna wear stuff for yourself, or others at some point down the line when purchasing fragrances. Either way, the ones you really love will automatically suit you and brighten your day, which is a much better result than wearing (for the sole reason) of other people liking it. If it so happens that you like Chocolate Amere and so do your friends/co-workers, you're set!
    Last edited by L'Aventurier; 20th August 2009 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    Here's a link to the one review of Chocolate Amere by BN member Surreality.

It's hard to find because there's an accent on the first "e" in "Amere."

Are the women at your work relatively young? I've found that younger women prefer the sweeter, gourmand fragrances, while older ones or women who are more open to new experiences love the ones that weird and mysterious, like Lyric. Either way, you gotta decide if you wanna wear stuff for yourself, or others at some point down the line when purchasing fragrances. Either way, the ones you really love will automatically suit you and brighten your day, which is a much better result than wearing (for the sole reason) of other people liking it. If it so happens that you like Chocolate Amere and so do your friends/co-workers, you're set!
    3 young (28 and younger) and 1 over 40. Thanks for the link. I will go there and read it now. Yes, I was looking forward to Lyric and Tam Dao, but the game has changed

Women preferring the one that smells like chocolate, what a shock

Next thing you'll be telling me they like romantic comedies

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye