Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Tried Carolina Herrera CH Men

Bought this one today in Moscow. Really, really good stuff. The bottle is heavy and looks expensive. The juice is green, but I can't say that the fragrance is greeny. Citruses and leather in the first notes remind me of Givenchy Play. But when the Givenchy is cheap and unpleasant and dies very quickly, CH Men after some minutes on the skin turns into sweet vanilla scent, sexy and original to my mind. The longevity is great.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 21st August 2009 at 06:47 PM.

Default Re: Tried Carolina Herrera CH Men

Thanks for the review - I can wait for this one to come state side. The notes list burnt sugar in dowm dry.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fan of the original Herrera and Sensual Vetvier (which I'm wearing today).

So, I'm also looking forward to trying this.

My only hope is that it won't have the same Herrera base as the original one, Sensual Vetiver and Refreshing Ginger do.

Time for something new.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

When does this one come out in the States? I thought I had read August.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    I'm a fan of the original Herrera and Sensual Vetvier (which I'm wearing today).

So, I'm also looking forward to trying this.

My only hope is that it won't have the same Herrera base as the original one, Sensual Vetiver and Refreshing Ginger do.

Time for something new.
    It doesn't have - it is very mainstream fragrance
    Last edited by AntonPan; 21st August 2009 at 09:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a pic of the box/bottle:
    http://www.travel-value.de/images/01/214955.jpg
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

i dont like the bottle, but the important thing is inside., in some latin america countries is already in stores, so maybe sept-oct will be worldwide..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm really excited for this one! All the notes sound promising and I love a lot of Herrera's fragrances so I'll probably enjoy this one too

Post Thanks / Like

I tried this in Gatwick Airport duty free in July! Nothing groundbreaking, but it has an undeniably pleasant smell and lasted for a very long time on my hand!

Bought a small bottle of this ,while in Spain. I agree with former reviews, itīs not groundbraking but itīs a very pleasant scent and itīs lasts long indeed.Think 212 ( Jeffery, are you listening!...LOL!) without the musky metallic note but with a more pleasant drydown.
    That could also be its downside, all CH fragrances smell a bit simmilar IMO, like a house note. It doesnīt have to be a wrong thing, but it can become boring.
    In the mean time, itīs my SOTD today and it was a pleasant one to wear. P.S.I didnīt detect the `burn sugar note`.
    Last edited by eric; 8th September 2009 at 03:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ugly bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else tried CH Men?

Mind sharing your take on it?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like it, and would probably pick up a bottle if I could find it around here. The thing it reminded me of, surprisingly, was (please forgive me) Amouage Jubilation XXV - a shadow of it, but a very good shadow, retaining the essential shape of a cherry-like fruit note well-embedded in something else. Amouage JXXV has this rich, opulent, nearly decadent incense and wood, holding the fruit note like a satin-lined box, whereas CH Men has a sweet leathery woody tobaccoish matrix - clearly much less, but still well-done.

Post Thanks / Like

^Thanks for your input. Sounds very interesting. Though, I haven't tried J. XXV.

How about compared to John Varvatos? Are there any similarities between the two?

Post Thanks / Like

No similarities here really. Where JV has a dark fruitiness that masked by leather and lots of spices, CH is a bright berry fruit with a little leather and aromatics. Plus CH has grapefruit to further push it towards the bright fruit spectrum. Its really quite nice but could come across as juvenile to some. I love it and get lots of great comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    No similarities here really. Where JV has a dark fruitiness that masked by leather and lots of spices, CH is a bright berry fruit with a little leather and aromatics. Plus CH has grapefruit to further push it towards the bright fruit spectrum. Its really quite nice but could come across as juvenile to some. I love it and get lots of great comments.
    Thanks for your input. I was thinking of blind buying it, but I guess I should search for it in the department stores and try it first.

By the way, how long does it last on your skin?

This scent is very luxurious. It floats on my skin very nicely...I always get compliments. CH Men and Kenzo Power are the only two scents that have gotten the "WOW" from females...I let out my secret...

Post Thanks / Like

I received my sample from scentedmonkey today and finally got to try this fragrance tonight. It has a very bright fruity opening. A couple of minutes later, I get some nutmeg, woods, and floral notes (mostly jasmine, similar to Platinum Egoiste's). In its dry down stage, about 4 hours later, I get sweet vanilla, amber, oakmoss (almost similar to Allure Homme's, but sweeter). As for projection and longevity, it's been over 5 hours since I applied it on my skin and it's still projection very good.

Another nice discovery that will be added to my small collection.
    Last edited by NewHaarlem; 6th February 2011 at 04:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Longevity is good but I find that I can't really smell it after about 5-6 hours. However I've been complimented on it more than once after 8hrs of wear, long after I'd already thought it was gone. Its my most complimented fragrance in my collection by a long shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    Longevity is good but I find that I can't really smell it after about 5-6 hours. However I've been complimented on it more than once after 8hrs of wear, long after I'd already thought it was gone. Its my most complimented fragrance in my collection by a long shot.
    On my skin, its projection is very good (above average) through the first 6 hours. When I woke up this morning (13+ hours later), I could even still smell it.

I actually just ordered a bottle of this. I didn't know its in the Chanel/Dior price range, but I think it's worth it.