Code of Conduct

Default Suggestions for a Floral Fruity female scent

Hello everyone,
    I am just starting out building a collection of scents for myself.
    But right now I am planning to buy a scent for my sisters birthday (20), but since I don't have much experience with feminine scents I was wondering if some of you could point me in the right direction.

She isn't much into the 'game' of scents and right now the only one she has is 'Cat Deluxe at Night' from Naomi Campbell, it is a floral fruity scent.
    Personally i'm having second thoughts about the scent, but maybe that's her her lack of experience (or maybe I can't argue about taste?), but i think it's time for her to try out some better ones.

I guess for this frag i'm getting for her I'm going to stay with the Floral fruity type, but since I'm not familiar with women scents I was wondering about scents in that genre that appeal to a lot of women (so I have less chance of making a bad choice).

Thanks in advance for any advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Suggestions for a Floral Fruity female scent

I've not much experience in floral fruity perfumes but i really like Burberry Brit Sheer. Its nothing groundbreaking but it certainly very pleasing to the nose. Chanel Cristalle Eau de Verte is quite good and a safe buy although i'm not sure if it's a floral fruity perfume.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Off-Scenter

Fruity florals are some of the most popular women's fragrances right now, so there are alot to choose from. Three scents I'd recommend looking into for her are Calyx, Diorella, and Badgley Mischka. All are versatile, high quality scents that should appeal to someone who enjoys fruit and floral compositions.

Escada also has several fruities that might be worth a look. Chanel Coco Mademoiselle is also pretty popular with the fruit-and-floral set or No 5 eau Premiere for something a little more dressed up. Givenchy Amarige is a very lovely sweet floral, and you might also want to check out Halle Berry's perfume, Halle.

Of course, you could always just buy her a sampler set from somewhere like Sephora where she can try a bunch of different ones and then redeem one of their included gift certificates for the scent of her choice.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Some might throw old glass flacons of perfume at me for mentioning this, but I find the new Siren by Paris Hilton a bit of fun! Frangipani and vanilla and some fruit mingling. Not the best for longevity or sillage, but a bit of a fun scent. Some say this is like Viva La Juicy... (I bought it for the bottle and mermaid charm, to be honest.)

Ditto for Halle Berry. Some say this is a cheaper version of Flower Bomb... As it can be bought in the 0.5 oz bottle, you don't have to throw a bunch of cash to enjoy this.

VS Beauty has the Sexy Little Things, which smells a lot like Paris Hilton--light fruit and floral.

I am not too into fruity florals...preferring pure or white florals (Pure White Linen and YSL Paris, the latter being on of all my all-time loves.)
    Last edited by Primrose; 22nd August 2009 at 06:35 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

You didn't specify a price range, or how old/new you want, but I'll suggest what I consider a fruity-floral classic: Parfums de Nicolaï Juste Un Reve.

Perhaps something delicate like Noa Cacharel? The scent is romantic and beautiful, shouldn't scare your sister off...

How about Eclat D'Arpege by Lanvin, Princess or Flower Princess by Vera Wang, L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake, Elle by Yves Saint Laurent, Ralph or Ralph Rocks by Ralph Lauren, or J'Adore by Christian Dior.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

One more scent - Romance by Ralph Lauren. Delicate, floral, fresh like a light breeze...

Thanks everyone for all these suggestions.
    I've read a lot of reviews for the frags you suggested, and from that i made a little list of scents to try when I'm going out to buy one.

My goal is to stay under €60, i guess for a majority of these scents that won't be a problem .

Some time next week I'm going out to buy the frag, I will let you know what my final choice was.

Post Thanks / Like

Annick Goutal's Quel Amour! is another one worth considering.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Post Thanks / Like

If she happens to like Laura by Laura Biagiotti, then this might be a good choice. Or Dune by Dior.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 24th August 2009 at 07:01 AM.

Maybe Green Tea - Elizabeth Arden or Be Delicious - DKNY
    Last edited by olla86; 31st August 2009 at 07:07 AM.
    Life is good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

D&G L'Imperatrice smells like watermelon shampoo, in a good way. Comes in a huge bottle with light pink juice, Naomi Campbell is the face of it, etc etc. I think it would make a good present for a sis.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that Dior's J'adore,Coco Chanel Mademoiselle or Laura by L.Biagotti would all be safe to get her.

I couldn't make up my mind. It was so hard to make a choice for somebody else (also considering the fact that i didn't know how the scent would react to her skin), that i decided to just drag her to a perfume store.
    She eventually chose "Amor Amor", not really what i had in mind but still a very good choice in my opinion .

My wife loves Sun, Moon and Stars by Lagerfeld.