Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Mugler Angel Liqueur! Anyone?

I tired this a Macy's a few weeks ago. Nice extention of A*Men. I wear A*Men now and then when I'm in the mood for it. Angel Liqueur is a more refined version. If you like a heavy sweet gourmand fragrance, you'll love this.
    Last edited by JickyMan; 16th November 2009 at 04:18 PM.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Quote Originally Posted by JickyMan View Post
    I tired this a Macy's a few weeks ago. Nice extention of A*Men. I wear A*Men now and then when I'm in the mood for it. Angel Liqueur is a more refined version. If you like a heavy sweet gourmand fragrance, you'll love this.
    I was very surprised that I would like this as much as I did. I am not a gourmand person really, but this one takes all the angles and sharpness away. It is cherry liqueur, subtle wood (oak), benzoin, caramel, vanilla....all rounded and smoothed out into the round glow of warmth. I find it very unisex; if Mugler would place it in the men's section I am sure they would sell plenty of units there.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 16th November 2009 at 04:27 PM.

How much was your bottle, JWS?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

98$ + tax.

35 ml.

Here is my question...This is sold as a limited edition...Does this truly mean that Mugler will pull it forever after the holiday season like he did Pure Coffee? That would be sad.

I have yet to find these locally but have high hopes of finding them (and more) on my "just around the corner" trip to Vegas.
    I really like the original Angel (and Alien for that matter) and I just can't wait to get a whiff or two.

heart of ice

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I bought a bottle of Angel Liqueur de Parfum over the weekend. Incredible stuff. Just so beautiful and long lasting.
    I'm jealous! It truly is incredible.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Wait, so is this an extension of the A*Men fragrance, or the original Angel? Either way, I'd love to try it out.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Wait, so is this an extension of the A*Men fragrance, or the original Angel? Either way, I'd love to try it out.

The original Angel.

I went back to Macy's and tried Angel Liqueur on one wrist and Alien Liqueur on the the other. Wow! What sillage and longevity for both. This is the first time trying Alien. I think I prefer it to the Angel. Such a clean and vibrant presence Alien has. Shall I call it a floral gourmand? This might be one to buy for me.
    Last edited by JickyMan; 18th November 2009 at 01:37 AM.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

im very interested in this one
    it is still availaBle?

heart of ice

Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel View Post
    im very interested in this one
    it is still availaBle?
    It was a limited edition and not available in stores any longer. But, I have seen it frequently on ebay recently.

AromiErotici

A much more wearable version of Angel for me. It's not as huge as Angel but deeper and has better manners. The Chocachouli note is pretty good and any rough edges from the original seem to be gone.

A*Men Pure Chili(sorta)......I'd like to try it. I still say release a box set of four 1 oz. bottles of Pure Malt, Havane, Coffee, and maybe this new creation and Thierry Mugler can retire anywhere he wants.

When it came out I bought 3 Angel Liqueur!