Code of Conduct

Default Mugler Angel Liqueur! Anyone?

Hello there!
    Does anyone tryed the new Angel Liqueur?
    How is it?
    Please tell me something!
    Thank you!

Default Re: Mugler Angel Liqueur! Anyone?

I've not seen these in stores yet, but I do fint the concept of aging Angel in oak casks rather enticing.

I too think the idea of ageing fragrances in aged oak casks absolutely fantastic. (Actually it makes so much brilliant sense that it beggars the question "why has nobody done this before ?")

The only one of his "aged oak" frags that I've sampled so far, is A*Men "Pure Malt" ... And that "old oak cask woodiness" comes through beautifully in that one. ... So I can only imagine that it will bring a gorgeous extra facet to whichever one's he decides to do this to !

I too think that this idea of ageing scents in old oak casks is just absolutely brilliant. It just makes so much sense !!! I mean, how better to bring that particularly lovely oak woody character, as it does to the booze ?! (I mean, frags are 90% alcohol after all ) ...
    In fact it's such an excellent idea that it beggars the question : "why the hell has no one done this before ?)

Unfortunately I've only yet sampled one of his frags that have been aged in this particular way. And that was his latest A*Men "Pure Malt" one. And that "aged oak cask" woodiness comes through beautifully in it. It was the very first thing I picked up when smelling it. And I luved it ! ... So I can only imagine that it will add a gorgeous new facet to which ever other of his scents he is planning on doing this with !

I do not know if there have been any other added changes as well, or if it's literally just the ageing of the original formula in these casks ??? ... But I can't wait to smell "Angel Liqeur", as I'm pretty sure it can only be an improvement.

Umm so is this like A*Men Pure Malt? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    Umm so is this like A*Men Pure Malt? I'm confused.
    Angel is aged in casks made of cherry wood.
    But the aging process is the same! I think!

Quote Originally Posted by etoile View Post
    Angel is aged in casks made of cherry wood.
    But the aging process is the same! I think!
    Ah ! That sounds even better. I didn't realise he was using different types of wood casks for the different scents. ... I think, now that he has started this whole wood cask ageing "technique", there is bound to be a whole string of different scents in the pipeline for the "Les Liqueurs de Parfums" range. (He has apparently done it to "Alien" too already, though I do not know which type of wood casks he has used there either ??? I had presumed they were all oak, untill you enlightened me ) ... The fact that he is using different woods is all the better. (The oak aged one of "Pure Malt" was lovely I thought !)

Does anyone know when it become avaiable in Europe!
    I think that Alien Liqueur is already avaiable in the UK!
    Thank you

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I'm waiting to test Alien Liqueur. Maybe it's the bottle in a claw - appeals to the sci-fi geek in me. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I'm waiting to test Alien Liqueur. Maybe it's the bottle in a claw - appeals to the sci-fi geek in me. Heh.
    Please tell me also how is Alien Liqueur

Ah yes, "Alien Limited Edition" has been matured the same way that fine rum is aged, in old oakwood casks. ... And , yep! I too think the "large diamond in a gold claw setting" bottle is a very striking design ! Quite stunning !!

And "Angel Limited Edition" and "Angel La Part des Anges Limited Edition Extrait" (for this one, only 4742 Swarovski encrusted bottles released) have both been aged, like fine cognac for between 12 and 23 weeks, in old cherrywood casks (as mentioned before above).

Apparently this aging process has been overseen by a true French cellar master, an expert in the aging of cognac : Pierrette Triche of Rémy Martin. The result being a more concentrated, rounder version of Angel, with accents of candied fruits and amber. (I imagine a similar result for the "Alien" one, except more "oakoody" in nature, of course ! )

I think all three sound absolutely amazing ! And I can't wait to get my snozz near them !
    Last edited by Sybarite; 25th August 2009 at 10:12 AM.

Does anyone see it for sale in a EU site?

Anything new to add to this thread?
    I've seen both Alien and Angel liqueur version available online but I have not seen them in the stores I've tried.
    I'm really curious about opinions on this "aging" process.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy View Post
    Anything new to add to this thread?
    I've seen both Alien and Angel liqueur version available online but I have not seen them in the stores I've tried.
    I'm really curious about opinions on this "aging" process.
    I saw Alien Liqueur in Neiman Marcus, but they did not have a tester.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 13th September 2009 at 08:56 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Blog Entries

JaimeB just bought a bottle, so there should be an insightful review forthcoming...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Tested it @ Neiman's a couple of weeks ago . . . . it's not so much IMO
    Last edited by SoGent; 14th September 2009 at 02:52 AM.

Both Alien and Angel versions are sold out online at Sephora and they are listed as "online only".
    No luck finding them in person at my local Nordstrom or Neimans either but both seem to have them available online.
    Ever since I was hit by the boozey cognac in JHL back in the 80's, I have been fascinated by the frag/booze crossover.
    Can't wait to hear from JaimeB!

Sur la Plage

Tested both Angel and Alien Liqueur at Saks. I like both, but prefer the Angel version (just like I do with the regular versions). Definitely reminds me of the "Limited Edition Extrait" versions that were aged in casks. Very rich, deep and boozy with fantastic longevity (but who would have thought it wouldn't have that).
    Last edited by petruccijc; 26th September 2009 at 01:04 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

What a lame concept. I did try this concoction as it's now available at The Bay in Canada and I can't understand why they can't muster the courage to give something new.

Mugler is getting as bad as Chanel's Allure series.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Glowing reviews given by Octavian:

http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...ry-mugler.html

Slightly more intrigued now...I trust his judgement. I guess I'm apprehensive about testing any Angel variant on skin...you're stuck with it for a good 24 hours no matter what!

Those would be raves!
    Thanks for the link.

summer means fireflys

I tried the Angel Liqueur de Parfum at Dillards today. OMG this stuff is amazing! It smells a little like cherry/chocolate pipe tobacco, very rich and a little smoky. The smoky-ness surprised me, but on the way home I thought I could smell something burning, a pleasant wood smoldering smell. I can barely take my wrists away from my nose, it's THAT good!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I tested this at Macy's a couple days ago. I like Angel. This is quite similar with other tasty nuances different from Angel.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.
    (From Maldoror by Comte de Lautreamont)

Does anyone know when it will relesead in stores on Europe?
    Thank you!

Is it better than Pure Malt?

Quote Originally Posted by etoile View Post
    Does anyone know when it will relesead in stores on Europe?
    Thank you!
    One of my friends is the sa for Mulger in a Debenhams store in the UK.
    She got her samples in two weeks ago.
    As she has been off since last friday no idea if the actual stock has come in yet?
    DONNA

I received my sample today. Now, I've only has it on for about half an hour, but in that time I am pleased to say that is doesn't (on me anyway) have the headache inducing wotnots in it that the original has (though I am partial to the original in small doses, which would be larger doss if it wasn't for said headache).... it is instantly Alien, however on me it is not as sharp, and smells deeper, and I hate using the word moist, but yes, it smells more moist! haha!

If I could afford a bottle, I'd get one. You can get some samples on ebay..... enjoy!

Basenotes Plus

Tried both the Angel & Alien versions, as I was extremely intrigued by the aging process. I don't wear or own either of the original fragrances, so I was going into this fairly "open".
    The Angel was very, very sweet. Think giant cherry lollipop, exhuding scent molecules the size of volleyballs. Scrubber for me. All I could smell was the cherry, my nose couldn't get past it.
    The Alien was a different matter all together. And just to let you know up front, I bought it....my very first Thierry Mugler product.
    I love jasmine & the jasmine sambac here is sweet but the oak warms it up considerably. The jasmine/rum/oak give an overall impression of perfume warmth: indeed the color of the juice is golden.
    I was very pleasantly surprised. Excellent lasting power (as one would imagine) & sillage.
    Last edited by RHM; 3rd November 2009 at 03:55 PM.

My friend the sa has told me Debenhams and House of Fraser are not buying it in!!!! In Northern Ireland anyway.

I did give the sample to another friend who wears Angel and it was like crack cocaine for her. She has been foaming at the mouth trying to find out who will be selling it?
    DONNA

I bought a bottle of Angel Liqueur de Parfum over the weekend. Incredible stuff. Just so beautiful and long lasting.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 16th November 2009 at 01:07 PM.

I tired this a Macy's a few weeks ago. Nice extention of A*Men. I wear A*Men now and then when I'm in the mood for it. Angel Liqueur is a more refined version. If you like a heavy sweet gourmand fragrance, you'll love this.
    Last edited by JickyMan; 16th November 2009 at 04:18 PM.
    Your nostrils, which will dilate immesurably in unspeakable contentment, in motionless ecstasy, will ask nothing better for space, for they will be full of fragrance, as if perfumes and incense; for they will be glutted with complete happiness, like angels who dwell in the peace and magnificence of pleasent heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by JickyMan View Post
    I tired this a Macy's a few weeks ago. Nice extention of A*Men. I wear A*Men now and then when I'm in the mood for it. Angel Liqueur is a more refined version. If you like a heavy sweet gourmand fragrance, you'll love this.
    I was very surprised that I would like this as much as I did. I am not a gourmand person really, but this one takes all the angles and sharpness away. It is cherry liqueur, subtle wood (oak), benzoin, caramel, vanilla....all rounded and smoothed out into the round glow of warmth. I find it very unisex; if Mugler would place it in the men's section I am sure they would sell plenty of units there.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 16th November 2009 at 04:27 PM.

How much was your bottle, JWS?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

98$ + tax.

35 ml.

Here is my question...This is sold as a limited edition...Does this truly mean that Mugler will pull it forever after the holiday season like he did Pure Coffee? That would be sad.

I have yet to find these locally but have high hopes of finding them (and more) on my "just around the corner" trip to Vegas.
    I really like the original Angel (and Alien for that matter) and I just can't wait to get a whiff or two.

summer means fireflys

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    I bought a bottle of Angel Liqueur de Parfum over the weekend. Incredible stuff. Just so beautiful and long lasting.
    I'm jealous! It truly is incredible.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Wait, so is this an extension of the A*Men fragrance, or the original Angel? Either way, I'd love to try it out.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Wait, so is this an extension of the A*Men fragrance, or the original Angel? Either way, I'd love to try it out.

The original Angel.

I went back to Macy's and tried Angel Liqueur on one wrist and Alien Liqueur on the the other. Wow! What sillage and longevity for both. This is the first time trying Alien. I think I prefer it to the Angel. Such a clean and vibrant presence Alien has. Shall I call it a floral gourmand? This might be one to buy for me.
    Last edited by JickyMan; 18th November 2009 at 01:37 AM.

im very interested in this one
    it is still availaBle?

summer means fireflys

Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel View Post
    im very interested in this one
    it is still availaBle?
    It was a limited edition and not available in stores any longer. But, I have seen it frequently on ebay recently.

AromiErotici

A much more wearable version of Angel for me. It's not as huge as Angel but deeper and has better manners. The Chocachouli note is pretty good and any rough edges from the original seem to be gone.

A*Men Pure Chili(sorta)......I'd like to try it. I still say release a box set of four 1 oz. bottles of Pure Malt, Havane, Coffee, and maybe this new creation and Thierry Mugler can retire anywhere he wants.

When it came out I bought 3 Angel Liqueur!