Code of Conduct

Default Jardins de Bagatelle... my new love...

I'm trying Jardins de Bagatelle by Guerlain today.

I don't know if it is the edp or the edt but it is unbelievable! This magnificent floral is deliciously romantic and warm, it like being caressed by the sun at the beginning of the spring. It's like waking up after a long long sleep.

It would definitely be the scent of the Elysian Fields.

Because I never really heard of it I wanted to know your opinion about it.
    Is the edp better than the edt? Has it been reformulated? When? Is it a success or no?

Default Re: Jardins de Bagatelle... my new love...

Oooh, your post makes me want to try this. Sounds stunning.

Look forward to hearing about possible reformulations & the edt vs edp as I am not familiar with the scent at all.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

I can see how anyone not unduly bothered by civet could find this magnificent. The civet is its Achilles heel for me, but it is tremendous otherwise. It is a huge cloud of a floral, without being too heady. Not sure whether I have the EDT or EDP, probably the former.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

I wore a lot of this as a teenager/young adult. It seems a tad too 80s to me now, but perhaps, given that 80s fashions have made a comeback anyway, it could be worn today by a whole new generation.

It's a lovely, full-on white floral, slightly syrupy, very sweet, very beautiful.

Blog Entries

I wore this too back when it came out in the 80s. It was my signature scent and I had a big bottle of the edt. Unfortunately, I've not tried the edp, so I can't compare. I've sampled it again recently, and while I find it compelling and beautiful (especially for conjuring the memories and feelings of that time in my life), I'm not sure if I want to buy a fb. I would love to own a d*cant, I think, but first I'd also like to try the edp. I guess what I'm saying is I agree with you-- it's fabulous!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Jardins de Bagatelle... my new love...

I have a bottle of the edp which you must use judiciously because it is tres powerfull. It is the fantasy floral garden, very nice and if used sparingly can be unisex. The first time I wore it was with three spritzes and I could still smell fragramce for a good eighteen hours. The next morning it was still going strong on my clothes. Longevity is excellent. Viva la Guerlain!
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 24th August 2009 at 10:28 PM.