Code of Conduct

Thread: Vol de Nuit.

Blog Entries

Question Vol de Nuit.

I very much enjoy Vol de Nuit but, I find that the edt, though still apparently there to others, vanishes in short order to me. This is a new experience for me. I wonder if extrait is the answer? Any thoughts about this situation in which I find myself?

Default Re: Vol de Nuit.

I find VdN to be hopeless in edt. It's harsh, hollow and disappears quickly.

The parfum is wonderfully rich and smooth and easily lasts at least 12 hours on me.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Vol de Nuit.

tott: Thanks for your reply, I was beginning to wonder if it was just me. I wonder why Guerlain didn't produce an EDP version of the Vold de Nuit?

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    I find VdN to be hopeless in edt. It's harsh, hollow and disappears quickly.

The parfum is wonderfully rich and smooth and easily lasts at least 12 hours on me.

Off-Scenter

It so happens that my wife is wearing Vol de Nuit today. ;-) I much prefer the parfum concentration, but even that disappears very quickly on me. Happily, my wife does not have the same problem!

I find the EdT rather weak too, although most of the times it comes and goes sort of. Mostly for around six hours, but as I said, at times it seem to have disappeared but then it comes back...

The extrait seem to be more reliable with a more consistent sillage (not very strong), and I prefer vintage slightly over the current.

Has anybody experience of vintage EdT - is it "stronger"?
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread

The vintage extrait fully perfumes my room and swells on the air the moment I release the stopper.
    It is a wonderfully tenatious concentration to wear.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Vol de Nuit.

I must admit some disappointment with longevity. The Vol de Nuit edt that I have is 1980 vintage and was tough to find. I hope I will be able to find a quarter ounce of extrait. I guess that this means the hunt is afoot!

Basenotes Institution

Vol De Nuit EDT is very short lived on me. 15 -30 minutes max. The extrait is the way to go. I wish Guerlain would clue up and do the EDP !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

The extract is warm deep and woody. But the sillage is more skin close. The edt is a totally different animal, airy and even powdery.
    DONNA

Vintage Vol de Nuit EdT with oak moss lingers nicely for 12 hours on my arm when I apply it on the hairy side

I don't think this scent was ever meant to be a powerful EdP - it's a quiet perfume like Après L'Ondée and Chant d'Arômes.