Code of Conduct

Talking Body Heat by Bod

I like this it is like hybrid of Pi and Joop! To a teen this could be a loaded vanila gun

Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

The hand grenade kinda bottle is kinda cool-ish. ... But I have never even heard of Bod Man frags ???
    Are they supposed to be big in the States or somethin ??? ... Or or they just your general drugstore cheapies ???

Any idea of the notes, by any chance ? I've not been able to find them listed anywhere ??? ...
    Or is it not even worth investigating ???
    Last edited by Sybarite; 23rd August 2009 at 10:09 PM.

Bod Body spray are big drug store scents. I like 24K which is a blend of Obsession and Envy but it reaks all day because it is body heat activated.

The same with this their first EDT it heat activated and could overwhelm.

They also come in funny windex type sprayers. Actually, this is the first time I've seen a Bod frag in a "proper" bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    They also come in funny windex type sprayers. Actually, this is the first time I've seen a Bod frag in a "proper" bottle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtDL0VfbIIw

lol

I used to have "Fresh Blue Musk" when I didn't know any better as a teenager...

Actually, BOD Man Black is a watered down version of Armani Code and BOD Man Silver is a watery version of Unforgivable. They don't smell all that horrible either !
    Last edited by 1280adam; 23rd August 2009 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Outtakes from 300?

Too bad the audio doesn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Outtakes from 300?

Too bad the audio doesn't work...
    Hmm I dunno what vid that is in the link I posted.

Here is the one I meant to post...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lK7tnlt6UA

They could have at least found some hotter girls..
    Last edited by 1280adam; 23rd August 2009 at 11:20 PM.

I bought this awhile back. It reminds me of the new version of Ambush by Dana for women (which I consider unisex) - just a little less fruity. I like them both.
    I love Jasmine.

Quote Originally Posted by distortech View Post
    I bought this awhile back. It reminds me of the new version of Ambush by Dana for women (which I consider unisex) - just a little less fruity. I like them both.
    So describe the "Body Heat" frag for us. Is it all vanillary as suspected ? ... What notes can you pick up ???

Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    So describe the "Body Heat" frag for us. Is it all vanillary as suspected ? ... What notes can you pick up ???

Wow... that is kind of a tough one really because it is so synthetic (in a good way). For the most part it is pretty linear and very, VERY sweet - dominated by a praline-benzoin like accord. It's more gourmand in a dessert like (confectionery) way, but definitely reminiscent of Pi. The top notes are a sort of melonish with floral undertones. I shutter to say melon because it really isn't that, but for reason it reminds me of it without actually being there. In fact, sometimes I can't discern it at all - others it is up front and center. The mid note is slightly soapy/woody every once in awhile, but, again, it is dominated by the praline - I must say it is very nice when this comes out. The base, of course, is praline/benzoin (vanilla) with a slight touch of spicy cardamon cookie and coffee note under it all...sweet,sweet, sweet and when mixed with hot sweat, well, this could be dangerous...

Simply put, it's a pretty darn delicious smelling dessert - very lickable, umm, I mean likable. LOL. The best way to enjoy it, is just to take it like it is without alot of dissection. Great for those of in their 20's-30's that just want something alluring without the fuss. Suites the demographic well. I'll be sporting it . . .
    I love Jasmine.

Cheers "distortech" ! ... For a "cheapie" it actually sounds pretty good. But this is most probably because I'm quite a fan of gourmand-y type scents in general (and have a terrible sweet-tooth too ). I'm quite liking the sound of that praline/benzoin. ...
    However, I seriously doubt I will ever run into it around here. I've never seen them frags, I don't think they make it as far as these shores ??? ...

And when you say cheap drugstore ... How cheap are they exactly ??? ... How much does "Body Heat" fetch over there ???

On the topic of BOD, I sniffed Fresh Guy yesterday at work - very reminiscent of Kenneth Cole Reaction.

Cheers "distortech" ! ... For a "cheapie" it actually sounds pretty good. But this is most probably because I'm quite a fan of gourmand-y type scents in general (and have a terrible sweet-tooth too ). I'm quite liking the sound of that praline/benzoin. ...
    However, I seriously doubt I will ever run into it around here. I've never seen them frags, I don't think they make it as far as these shores ??? ...

And when you say cheap drugstore ... How cheap are they exactly ??? ... How much does "Body Heat" fetch over there ???
    Yeah, it is definitely not to bad for a cheapie.

I have yet to see it at a drug store. I got it at K-Mart (a large retailer) for $5.99 on an introductory offer for a 1 oz bottle. The only other store I have seen it at is Sears (another large retailer related to K-mart) for slightly more - $8.99 for 1.4 oz I believe.

After giving a full wearing today as my SOTD, I can say this for darn sure - it is definitely one to go easy on (think of not going overboard on a delicious dessert for fear of getting ill)! Less is certainly more with this one and that is not a bad thing at all.
    Last edited by distortech; 25th August 2009 at 02:08 AM.
    I love Jasmine.

Oh these ones, my friend drowns herself in all of the bod sprays. Ooo they've up the classy-ness with a bottle that isn't a left over household cleaner spray bottle. I've seen this at my local CVS for under 10 bucks I think.
    Last edited by artemesia; 25th August 2009 at 03:16 AM.

Yep the "Body Heat" bottle at least is a major improvement on the super nasty "bug-spray" ones. ... Still, I'm amazed they can still sell them as cheaply as they do. ... I mean for $5.99/$8.99 , I would have expected even just the grenade bottles alone would have cost more. ... It just goes to show how cheaply them bottles can actually be manufactured for !

The bottle is kind of cool in a tacky was - almost like a Flowerbomb for men

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    The bottle is kind of cool in a tacky was - almost like a Flowerbomb for men
    Yep ! SNAP ! ... That is exactly what I first thought too ! ...
    And I'm sure one is gonna be stuck with this huge urge to chuck that bottle everytime you find yourself with it in your hand (LOL)

Found some moist toilette samples at work today and rubbed them on, and quite enjoyed it! Reminds me of Rochas Man with the lavender toned down and the vanilla turned up. Gonna hit up my local K-Mart to try to get a bottle tomorrow.
    Last edited by Royal; 27th August 2009 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Found some moist toilette samples at work today and rubbed them on, and quite enjoyed it! Reminds me of Rochas Man with the lavender toned down and the vanilla turned up. Gonna hit up my local K-Mart to try to get a bottle tomorrow.
    Ooh that sounds like I may even very well enjoy it too then ! ... For that is exactly what I've always thought Rochas Man needed, in order to be perfect for me. ... Much less lavender and way more vanilla. ~ Yum ! (It was always the abundant lavender that spoilt RM for me !)

Although, I must say, I'm also very weary of abundant cheap "plasticky" vanilla. And at these prices I am not so sure I can trust it not to be the "plastic dolls head" variety of vanilla that is used ??? (For a combination of "plastic-dolls-head-vanilla + mucho sweetness" would have me seriously chucking that grenade ! (LOL) ).

I was just sending the laundry to get done and the shirt I wore that day was right on top. I am floored - it STILL smells of a deep dark vanilla! It is fused with a hint of chocolate that really wasn't that noticeable before and is simply delightful!

Seriously, this stuff really is pretty good... way, WAY better than I had anticipated for just buying to buy it cause it was cheap!
    Last edited by distortech; 29th August 2009 at 03:29 AM.
    I love Jasmine.

Yep the "Body Heat" bottle at least is a major improvement on the super nasty "bug-spray" ones. ... Still, I'm amazed they can still sell them as cheaply as they do. ... I mean for $5.99/$8.99 , I would have expected even just the grenade bottles alone would have cost more. ... It just goes to show how cheaply them bottles can actually be manufactured for !
    This is a very, VERY good point. They must have made million upon millions of them, or got a very good deal to test market this stuff. It could easily fetch way more. However, I think the demographic they are looking for this would turn away if it cost much more (given the situation in the USA right now). I do know one thing, I hope it does well for them. BUT, at the same time, I kinda hope it is a sleeper. Too much of a good thing can easily ruin it, but not always . . . I like this enough it is going to be a keeper, period.
    I love Jasmine.

Well, I went out and bought a bottle today. My deal wasn't quite as good as yours, I paid 14.99 for the larger bottle (1.4oz) and a 4 ounce body spray/deodorant.

I was just sending the laundry to get done and the shirt I wore that day was right on top. I am floored - it STILL smells of a deep dark and vanilla! It is fused with a hint of chocolate that really wasn't that noticeable before and is simply delightful!

Seriously, this stuff really is pretty good... way, WAY better than I had anticipated for just buying to buy it cause it was cheap!
    OK, Now I'm really startin to get a little jealous that I'll never be able to get my shnozz on this one, out here this side of the pond. Just so I can finally find out for myself.
    The more I read, the more it sounds like something I would actually enjoy. (And for that price I would probably definitely get me one. It would be handy to have around as a "filler" scent, helping prevent you don't use up all your other pricier scents too quickly ).

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Well, I went out and bought a bottle today. My deal wasn't quite as good as yours, I paid 14.99 for the larger bottle (1.4oz) and a 4 ounce body spray/deodorant.
    Actually, that isn't that bad! I went back to see if they had any and they had nothing at my local store :-(
    I love Jasmine.

OK, Now I'm really startin to get a little jealous that I'll never be able to get my shnozz on this one, out here this side of the pond. Just so I can finally find out for myself.
    The more I read, the more it sounds like something I would actually enjoy. (And for that price I would probably definitely get me one. It would be handy to have around as a "filler" scent, helping prevent you don't use up all your other pricier scents too quickly ).
    Oh so very, very true!!!
    I love Jasmine.

Actually, that isn't that bad! I went back to see if they had any and they had nothing at my local store :-(
    It was a deal that they're running at Walgreens for the next few weeks or so - wouldn't doubt if it's chain-wide. There was a little cardboard display sitting on the shelf with testers and everything. Right by the testers of McGraw, which was terrible from the quick spray I stole on my flyer.

Wearing this today as the scent of the evening, and am extremely impressed by something I didn't expect to be impressed by - the atomizer! It puts out a very wide, fine spray, unlike any of the other gourmands I own (A*Men, Lolita Lempicka, Rochas Man), which lay down a very thick spray. Obviously this was a very focus-tested frag, because this could easily become cloying if the sprayer shot out a thick, concentrated mist. I wound up using nine sprays until I was satisfied with the amount I had on, which is irregular for a gourmand. Perhaps they knew their focus group was prone to overspraying!

It's really nasty guys, trust me. I caught a whif of it in walgreens so i was like ok, not bad. So i bought the bodyspray and then later tried it. Whew, really overbearing and disgusting powdery scent ugh. smells good in EXTREME moderation, but that's stretching it. The next day i figured ok it is body spray, its meant to be cheap, so i tried the EDT. i found it to be very similar to the body spray except stronger!! EWW. lol. very linear nasty scent. too much

Quote Originally Posted by Jackisblack View Post
    It's really nasty guys, trust me. I caught a whif of it in walgreens so i was like ok, not bad. So i bought the bodyspray and then later tried it. Whew, really overbearing and disgusting powdery scent ugh. smells good in EXTREME moderation, but that's stretching it. The next day i figured ok it is body spray, its meant to be cheap, so i tried the EDT. i found it to be very similar to the body spray except stronger!! EWW. lol. very linear nasty scent. too much
    I'll admit that the opening is quite brash and synthetic. It takes about twenty minutes for the scent to mellow out on my skin. I use the body spray as underarm deodorant when wearing the scent.

It's apparently a chick magnet, at least in the junior high crowd. I know of one young man who wore it to a couple of school football games and had his female classmates hunting him down in the crowd and trying to inhale him.

Hmmm... maybe his mom is going to want to rethink that one.

Yeah, probably because this stuff is extremely sweet and has atomic silliage.

Interesting, I wonder if this will come to Canada.

I picked up a bottle of this and it came with a free deodorant spray can. It came to about $14 and I was pleasantly surprised. It smells exactly like Givenchy Pi, but has less of that pungent, funky, burnt candle benzoin note. So I actually like it a little better than the real stuff, sadly enough. Plus it's cheaper than Pi. The EDT is great, but the spray can is a little synthetic.

The bottle and the ad campaign is tacky, but the scent is actually worth a shot, unless you already have Givenchy Pi. I'm not crazy about either, but they're both quality scents. I wonder what they mean by "explosive". Are they implying that women will actually combust as a result of using this product?
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco

I just got a bottle of Pi a few days ago - the main linking factor is the benzoin. Beyond that, Pi is much woodier on my skin where Body Heat takes a gourmand tone. I almost see Body Heat being closer to Rochas Man than Pi in terms of overall feel, Pi is just such a benzoin bomb that any frag containing it is bound to be compared.

I thought the opening smelled like someone hit me in the face with a cloud of cotton candy. It stayed that way for about the first hour, and now it's like more of a vanilla musk I guess. Still can smell a bit of cotton candy though. Definitely for someone who enjoys sweeter fragrances

The Blue Musk is an interesting "old lady" perfume, but all the others are simple pre-teen refuse.

This stuff is hilarious. As you may know, the distinguished gentlemen of "Jersey Shore" were filmed dousing themselves in a cloud of this crap in a few cut-scenes (brilliant product placement).

Anyway, I was in Walgreens yesterday with my fiancee and we came upon a Body Heat display. Since I cannot resist the temptation to slum it (even though I can't stand designer/cheapo scents), I took a bottle out of the package and sprayed a little in the air. We were laughing but it actually didn't smell quite as vile as we were anticipating.

Based on my two-second explosure to this "fragrance", it reminded me of Le Male, which I hate.
    Last edited by WindyCity1014; 9th February 2010 at 03:56 PM.
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Oh, gimme a break...drugstore teen scent...

But then again, the new YSL offering, Parisienne, looks much like a grenade...

And thinking this will mean beating hoards of women off with a stick...
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity1014 View Post
    Since I cannot resist the temptation to slum it (even though I can't stand designer/cheapo scents)
    There is nothing wrong with designer and/or cheapo scents.
    --- If your dog thinks you are the greatest person
    in the world, don't seek a second opinion ---

I just got a sample of this on a swab (how cheap) It's actually a nice gourmand. It's basically in the same category with A*Men and Animale Animale. It smells almost identical to Animale Animale but with much more vanilla in the opening and a gingery undertone, it also has the slighest smell of fresh bread. It's kind of good for such a cheapy. The bottle looks a mix of a pineapple and a grenade; don't be fooled though.. this stuff is the epitome of gourmand.

I've been seeing this on sale all week at various drug stores, but I didn't give it a second look, thinking this is too much of a cheapie to be any good. Finally I gave in today for a try, and holy cow, it is right up my ally! The comparison with Animale Animale is spot on. It also smelled similar to Axe Dark Temptation (maybe slightly less chocolate here), and should last longer. I walked away with a bottle.

For the price, this is amazing! The first time I smelt it I thought for sure they had just put on rochas man. Then they told me it was bod heat. This is great for teens, its cheap, but it projects, has good sillage, lasts for awhile. MY only complaint is how linear it is. Its like the opening to rochas man through the life of the fragrance. I must say however, it does garner compliments. And other people don't care how linear a fragrance is. If you smell good, that's all they care about.