Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 42
  1. #1

    Talking Body Heat by Bod



    I like this it is like hybrid of Pi and Joop! To a teen this could be a loaded vanila gun

  2. #2

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    The hand grenade kinda bottle is kinda cool-ish. ... But I have never even heard of Bod Man frags ???
    Are they supposed to be big in the States or somethin ??? ... Or or they just your general drugstore cheapies ???

    Any idea of the notes, by any chance ? I've not been able to find them listed anywhere ??? ...
    Or is it not even worth investigating ???
    Last edited by Sybarite; 23rd August 2009 at 10:09 PM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Bod Body spray are big drug store scents. I like 24K which is a blend of Obsession and Envy but it reaks all day because it is body heat activated.

    The same with this their first EDT it heat activated and could overwhelm.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    They also come in funny windex type sprayers. Actually, this is the first time I've seen a Bod frag in a "proper" bottle.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    They also come in funny windex type sprayers. Actually, this is the first time I've seen a Bod frag in a "proper" bottle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtDL0VfbIIw


    lol





    I used to have "Fresh Blue Musk" when I didn't know any better as a teenager...

    Actually, BOD Man Black is a watered down version of Armani Code and BOD Man Silver is a watery version of Unforgivable. They don't smell all that horrible either !
    Last edited by 1280adam; 23rd August 2009 at 11:00 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Outtakes from 300?

    Too bad the audio doesn't work...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Outtakes from 300?

    Too bad the audio doesn't work...
    Hmm I dunno what vid that is in the link I posted.

    Here is the one I meant to post...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lK7tnlt6UA


    They could have at least found some hotter girls..
    Last edited by 1280adam; 23rd August 2009 at 11:20 PM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    I bought this awhile back. It reminds me of the new version of Ambush by Dana for women (which I consider unisex) - just a little less fruity. I like them both.
    I love Jasmine.
    Currently wearing: Amyitis by Mona di Orio

  9. #9

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by distortech View Post
    I bought this awhile back. It reminds me of the new version of Ambush by Dana for women (which I consider unisex) - just a little less fruity. I like them both.
    So describe the "Body Heat" frag for us. Is it all vanillary as suspected ? ... What notes can you pick up ???

  10. #10

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    So describe the "Body Heat" frag for us. Is it all vanillary as suspected ? ... What notes can you pick up ???

    Wow... that is kind of a tough one really because it is so synthetic (in a good way). For the most part it is pretty linear and very, VERY sweet - dominated by a praline-benzoin like accord. It's more gourmand in a dessert like (confectionery) way, but definitely reminiscent of Pi. The top notes are a sort of melonish with floral undertones. I shutter to say melon because it really isn't that, but for reason it reminds me of it without actually being there. In fact, sometimes I can't discern it at all - others it is up front and center. The mid note is slightly soapy/woody every once in awhile, but, again, it is dominated by the praline - I must say it is very nice when this comes out. The base, of course, is praline/benzoin (vanilla) with a slight touch of spicy cardamon cookie and coffee note under it all...sweet,sweet, sweet and when mixed with hot sweat, well, this could be dangerous...

    Simply put, it's a pretty darn delicious smelling dessert - very lickable, umm, I mean likable. LOL. The best way to enjoy it, is just to take it like it is without alot of dissection. Great for those of in their 20's-30's that just want something alluring without the fuss. Suites the demographic well. I'll be sporting it . . .
    I love Jasmine.
    Currently wearing: Amyitis by Mona di Orio

  11. #11

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Cheers "distortech" ! ... For a "cheapie" it actually sounds pretty good. But this is most probably because I'm quite a fan of gourmand-y type scents in general (and have a terrible sweet-tooth too ). I'm quite liking the sound of that praline/benzoin. ...
    However, I seriously doubt I will ever run into it around here. I've never seen them frags, I don't think they make it as far as these shores ??? ...

    And when you say cheap drugstore ... How cheap are they exactly ??? ... How much does "Body Heat" fetch over there ???

  12. #12
    Royal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    On the topic of BOD, I sniffed Fresh Guy yesterday at work - very reminiscent of Kenneth Cole Reaction.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Cheers "distortech" ! ... For a "cheapie" it actually sounds pretty good. But this is most probably because I'm quite a fan of gourmand-y type scents in general (and have a terrible sweet-tooth too ). I'm quite liking the sound of that praline/benzoin. ...
    However, I seriously doubt I will ever run into it around here. I've never seen them frags, I don't think they make it as far as these shores ??? ...

    And when you say cheap drugstore ... How cheap are they exactly ??? ... How much does "Body Heat" fetch over there ???
    Yeah, it is definitely not to bad for a cheapie.

    I have yet to see it at a drug store. I got it at K-Mart (a large retailer) for $5.99 on an introductory offer for a 1 oz bottle. The only other store I have seen it at is Sears (another large retailer related to K-mart) for slightly more - $8.99 for 1.4 oz I believe.

    After giving a full wearing today as my SOTD, I can say this for darn sure - it is definitely one to go easy on (think of not going overboard on a delicious dessert for fear of getting ill)! Less is certainly more with this one and that is not a bad thing at all.
    Last edited by distortech; 25th August 2009 at 02:08 AM.
    I love Jasmine.
    Currently wearing: Amyitis by Mona di Orio

  14. #14

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Oh these ones, my friend drowns herself in all of the bod sprays. Ooo they've up the classy-ness with a bottle that isn't a left over household cleaner spray bottle. I've seen this at my local CVS for under 10 bucks I think.
    Last edited by artemesia; 25th August 2009 at 03:16 AM.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Yep the "Body Heat" bottle at least is a major improvement on the super nasty "bug-spray" ones. ... Still, I'm amazed they can still sell them as cheaply as they do. ... I mean for $5.99/$8.99 , I would have expected even just the grenade bottles alone would have cost more. ... It just goes to show how cheaply them bottles can actually be manufactured for !

  16. #16

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    The bottle is kind of cool in a tacky was - almost like a Flowerbomb for men

  17. #17

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    The bottle is kind of cool in a tacky was - almost like a Flowerbomb for men
    Yep ! SNAP ! ... That is exactly what I first thought too ! ...
    And I'm sure one is gonna be stuck with this huge urge to chuck that bottle everytime you find yourself with it in your hand (LOL)

  18. #18
    Royal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Found some moist toilette samples at work today and rubbed them on, and quite enjoyed it! Reminds me of Rochas Man with the lavender toned down and the vanilla turned up. Gonna hit up my local K-Mart to try to get a bottle tomorrow.
    Last edited by Royal; 27th August 2009 at 04:53 AM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Found some moist toilette samples at work today and rubbed them on, and quite enjoyed it! Reminds me of Rochas Man with the lavender toned down and the vanilla turned up. Gonna hit up my local K-Mart to try to get a bottle tomorrow.
    Ooh that sounds like I may even very well enjoy it too then ! ... For that is exactly what I've always thought Rochas Man needed, in order to be perfect for me. ... Much less lavender and way more vanilla. ~ Yum ! (It was always the abundant lavender that spoilt RM for me !)

    Although, I must say, I'm also very weary of abundant cheap "plasticky" vanilla. And at these prices I am not so sure I can trust it not to be the "plastic dolls head" variety of vanilla that is used ??? (For a combination of "plastic-dolls-head-vanilla + mucho sweetness" would have me seriously chucking that grenade ! (LOL) ).

  20. #20

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    I was just sending the laundry to get done and the shirt I wore that day was right on top. I am floored - it STILL smells of a deep dark vanilla! It is fused with a hint of chocolate that really wasn't that noticeable before and is simply delightful!

    Seriously, this stuff really is pretty good... way, WAY better than I had anticipated for just buying to buy it cause it was cheap!
    Last edited by distortech; 29th August 2009 at 03:29 AM.
    I love Jasmine.
    Currently wearing: Amyitis by Mona di Orio

  21. #21

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    Yep the "Body Heat" bottle at least is a major improvement on the super nasty "bug-spray" ones. ... Still, I'm amazed they can still sell them as cheaply as they do. ... I mean for $5.99/$8.99 , I would have expected even just the grenade bottles alone would have cost more. ... It just goes to show how cheaply them bottles can actually be manufactured for !
    This is a very, VERY good point. They must have made million upon millions of them, or got a very good deal to test market this stuff. It could easily fetch way more. However, I think the demographic they are looking for this would turn away if it cost much more (given the situation in the USA right now). I do know one thing, I hope it does well for them. BUT, at the same time, I kinda hope it is a sleeper. Too much of a good thing can easily ruin it, but not always . . . I like this enough it is going to be a keeper, period.
    I love Jasmine.
    Currently wearing: Amyitis by Mona di Orio

  22. #22
    Royal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Well, I went out and bought a bottle today. My deal wasn't quite as good as yours, I paid 14.99 for the larger bottle (1.4oz) and a 4 ounce body spray/deodorant.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by distortech View Post
    I was just sending the laundry to get done and the shirt I wore that day was right on top. I am floored - it STILL smells of a deep dark and vanilla! It is fused with a hint of chocolate that really wasn't that noticeable before and is simply delightful!

    Seriously, this stuff really is pretty good... way, WAY better than I had anticipated for just buying to buy it cause it was cheap!
    OK, Now I'm really startin to get a little jealous that I'll never be able to get my shnozz on this one, out here this side of the pond. Just so I can finally find out for myself.
    The more I read, the more it sounds like something I would actually enjoy. (And for that price I would probably definitely get me one. It would be handy to have around as a "filler" scent, helping prevent you don't use up all your other pricier scents too quickly ).

  24. #24

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Well, I went out and bought a bottle today. My deal wasn't quite as good as yours, I paid 14.99 for the larger bottle (1.4oz) and a 4 ounce body spray/deodorant.
    Actually, that isn't that bad! I went back to see if they had any and they had nothing at my local store :-(
    I love Jasmine.
    Currently wearing: Amyitis by Mona di Orio

  25. #25

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by Sybarite View Post
    OK, Now I'm really startin to get a little jealous that I'll never be able to get my shnozz on this one, out here this side of the pond. Just so I can finally find out for myself.
    The more I read, the more it sounds like something I would actually enjoy. (And for that price I would probably definitely get me one. It would be handy to have around as a "filler" scent, helping prevent you don't use up all your other pricier scents too quickly ).
    Oh so very, very true!!!
    I love Jasmine.
    Currently wearing: Amyitis by Mona di Orio

  26. #26
    Royal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by distortech View Post
    Actually, that isn't that bad! I went back to see if they had any and they had nothing at my local store :-(
    It was a deal that they're running at Walgreens for the next few weeks or so - wouldn't doubt if it's chain-wide. There was a little cardboard display sitting on the shelf with testers and everything. Right by the testers of McGraw, which was terrible from the quick spray I stole on my flyer.

  27. #27
    Royal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Wearing this today as the scent of the evening, and am extremely impressed by something I didn't expect to be impressed by - the atomizer! It puts out a very wide, fine spray, unlike any of the other gourmands I own (A*Men, Lolita Lempicka, Rochas Man), which lay down a very thick spray. Obviously this was a very focus-tested frag, because this could easily become cloying if the sprayer shot out a thick, concentrated mist. I wound up using nine sprays until I was satisfied with the amount I had on, which is irregular for a gourmand. Perhaps they knew their focus group was prone to overspraying!

  28. #28

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    It's really nasty guys, trust me. I caught a whif of it in walgreens so i was like ok, not bad. So i bought the bodyspray and then later tried it. Whew, really overbearing and disgusting powdery scent ugh. smells good in EXTREME moderation, but that's stretching it. The next day i figured ok it is body spray, its meant to be cheap, so i tried the EDT. i found it to be very similar to the body spray except stronger!! EWW. lol. very linear nasty scent. too much

  29. #29
    Royal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    999

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackisblack View Post
    It's really nasty guys, trust me. I caught a whif of it in walgreens so i was like ok, not bad. So i bought the bodyspray and then later tried it. Whew, really overbearing and disgusting powdery scent ugh. smells good in EXTREME moderation, but that's stretching it. The next day i figured ok it is body spray, its meant to be cheap, so i tried the EDT. i found it to be very similar to the body spray except stronger!! EWW. lol. very linear nasty scent. too much
    I'll admit that the opening is quite brash and synthetic. It takes about twenty minutes for the scent to mellow out on my skin. I use the body spray as underarm deodorant when wearing the scent.

  30. #30

    tang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midwest, U.S.
    Posts
    2,994

    Default Re: Body Heat by Bod

    It's apparently a chick magnet, at least in the junior high crowd. I know of one young man who wore it to a couple of school football games and had his female classmates hunting him down in the crowd and trying to inhale him.

    Hmmm... maybe his mom is going to want to rethink that one.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 31st July 2010, 02:27 AM
  2. BOD...get ready for this
    By jdnba in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20th April 2008, 07:20 PM
  3. Factors that affect body odor– science only, please!
    By dpak in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 4th April 2008, 12:40 PM
  4. body lotion recommendations
    By haydn in forum Men's Grooming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12th January 2005, 01:09 AM
  5. New Kiehl's body wash scent?
    By Octothorpe in forum Men's Grooming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 5th December 2004, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000