Code of Conduct

Thumbs up S o t D Monday, 24th August 2009

Good Morning Everybody

Today for me is

Last edited by ROBERTO; 24th August 2009 at 07:53 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: S o t D Monday, 24th August 2009

Goodmorning

Promesse de l'Aube
    Francis Kurkdjian for Parfums MDCI on this beautiful cool Monday morning.
    The more I use it, the more I love it.

Notes: Bergamot, Brazilian mandarin, California lemon, ylang-ylang, jasmine, Indian sandalwood, tonka bean, vanilla

Have a good start of the week!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Hello to you all!

In JOLIE MADAME today

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Gianfranco Ferre Pontaccio 21. Happy belated birthdays to Clemmie and an_oud_girl. Have a great Monday everyone.

Top Notes: Yellow Mandarin, Lime, Neroli, Cardamom, Rosemary
    Middle Notes: Bois de Rose, Jasmine, Narcissus Absolute, Cypress, Sage
    Base Notes: Suede, Angelica Root, Patchouli, Myrrh, Musk

Last edited by petruccijc; 24th August 2009 at 12:36 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Going for sultry with a sample of Ava Luxe's Madonna Lily.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Miller Harris Fleur Oriental
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Good morning all and a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to An oud Girl! I'll soon be off to university in Nahema.

Good morning, everyone!

Today I'm in Philosophy Pure Grace. It has a strong bug spray note at the beginning that drives me nuts, but I'm learning to push past it (or love it ) because I really like the base.
    Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

This morning I'm still amazed at an_oud_girls' gorgeous self! What a fab gift from your hubby (Clemmies' too!) Just proves you girls are tops!

Feeling a bit uninspired today, time to pull out an old favorite to boost my mood...Lolita Lempicka

Belated Happy Birthdays to Clemmie and an_oud_girl sounds like both of your DH's know the way to their ladies' hearts is at the tip of an atomizer.

Been craving chypres lately and find myself in one of the more underrated ones today.

Guerlain Parure

Parure refers to a matching set of earrings and necklace and I find that only appropriate as this 1975 creation by Jean-Paul Guerlain feels like a beautiful piece of fragrant jewelry every time I wear it. Parure is a chypre in every sense of the word but M. Guerlain also managed to add in a leather accord that takes this to a lovely animalic place at the end. The top of this starts with the classic chypre bergamot beginning but it is paired with a deep plum note which contrasts the sparkle that bergamot brings to the beginning quite nicely. The heart is a rose-dominated bouquet of florals. Rose comes forward first but it is joined by jasmine and lilac which add a touch of sweet and astringency, respectively. This kind of balance is what realy allows scents, that are a cut above, to stand out. To use other florals to subtly change and enhance the central accord that is when I know I am in the hands of a perfumer who knows their business. It is here where the leather accord comes forward and this is a strong full leather, on me. I find it similar to the leather accord in Cabochard de Gres but a little more intense. Parure finally settles down into the truly classic oakmoss dominated base that defines the chypre class. Parure has great longevity and typical sillage for a Guerlain. Parure is a complex scent that has displayed different facets to me upon every wearing and that makes it a joy to behold. If you are a lover of chypres Parure deserves to be on your list.

Have a Magnanimous Monday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Good morning all
    I'm in Montale Red Aoud
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green today. Living the green life.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Jardins de Bagatelle on my left wrist and Mitsuko edt on the right.

Have a good day all

Anthousa Fig & Vetiver and a touch of UJM.
    First day of schooooool.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Good Monday to all

Decided to wear Bois de Violette this morning, perfect to start the week.

Interesting tidbit: I love used bookstores, and recently purchased an Adreana Robbins book called "Paris never leaves you". Struck my fancy, cheap. The cool thing is that I'm only about 1/3 through the book and already FIVE major perfumes are mentioned: Paris, Poison, L'Heure Bleu, Cristalle and No 5. Obviously the author is very familiar with perfumes. Add to that a very good read.

Have a great week, everyone.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Dear Lord !
    You folks are simply spectacular smelling today...
    MORE than usual ;-)

Bedtime was Ocean of Gormandises [ KM ], LOL.
    Today, I'm not certain.
    All your posts make me want to drag out my most prized, and skanky-doodle-doo scents. SIGH.

I'm afraid I'm STUCK here- as our door lock is f -$- #- @- ed- and once OUT, I can't get IN, ho-ho.
    [ Probably the Cosmos tellin' me to CHILL ;-) ]

Maybe, I'll join Guerlain-lover in Red Aoud :-)

Love to Dora, all our ((((( folks under the gun, and under the weather ))))).
    [ComDiva- have you worn any of your prezzies ? Did you like any of the lot ?]

May your day go smoooooothly !

Jo Malone Tuberose today. Craving MORE tuberose.....

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Bright greetings, you brilliant buckles!

The feel of autumn in the air is positively rejuvenating. Wearing Molinard de Molinard today. Looks like Chicago will be at a comfy temp for Saturday.

VA, your kitty is strikingly gorgeous--mercy!

For whatever good it does, which is none really, my hand goes to my heart when I think of the Greeks who lost their homes to fire. Best to Dora.

Belated but bountiful birthday wishes for Clemmie (welcome to the 50s!) and An Oud Girl!!! Since there's probably lots of cake left over from yesterday, I'll just serve up some coffee with love.

In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Today...

Dear Oud Girl!!! Happy belated birthday!!!!

Today I am in Initial by Boucheron
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Basenotes Plus

Hello, everyone!

Clemmie and OudGirl, hope you both had a very happy birthday.

Creed Virgin Island Water
    Have a lovely day, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Belated birthday wishes for an_oud_girls & Clemmie

I'm in Rive Gauche pour homme.

sotd:
    Chanel
    Sycomore

Mmmm.... tuberoses, coffee, and fragrant BNers. Love this place!

I'm runnin' off to an all-day training. A small dab of the lovely Sabi is my SotD.

Profumo.it's Hindu Kush for me today. Happy Monday...

Basenotes Institution

Morning everyone !
    An Oud Girl - sounds like you had a fantastic birthday - lucky girl with those Yosh Han perfumes !

I am with 3xasif with tuberose - fumin' the house with my perfume - Beyond Love By Kilian .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Scent twin with Mysticknot today in Beyond Love. Unfortunately there is a certain something in most of the By Kilian range - especially Liaisons Dangereuses, but also this one - that makes me feel slightly headachey, which is a shame, as I love the bottles and the sleek black look of the line, and of Kilian Hennessey, it goes without saying!

Elsewhere I am testing, in one of the last days of being a MishMash, we hope:

PdN Juste un Reve (rather flat smelling tropical number)

Nanette Lepore (surprisingly pretty, sweet powdery rose violet scent - not girly as such)

Jeanne Lanvin (rose version of Omnia Green Jade. Similar airy and "nutty" quality)

Gosh Musk (straight up musk)

Molinard de Molinard (big retro floral, slightly Chamade-like at one point, though less so now)

Les Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Argent (super silvery, metallic rose, spicy and cool)

Brandy (fresh fruity thing supposedly named after a horse)

Frapin Esprit de Fleurs (nice crisp floral with alleged champagne note)
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 24th August 2009 at 03:09 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Carthusia IO Capri

l"Heure Bleu today.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by VM I hate civet View Post
    Scent twin with Mysticknot today in Beyond Love. Unfortunately there is a certain something in most of the By Kilian range - especially Liaisons Dangereuses, but also this one - that makes me feel slightly headachey, which is a shame, as I love the bottles and the sleek black look of the line, and of Kilian Hennessey, it goes without saying!

Elsewhere I am testing, in one of the last days of being a MishMash, we hope:

PdN Juste un Reve (rather flat smelling tropical number)

Nanette Lepore (surprisingly pretty, sweet powdery rose violet scent - not girly as such)

Jeanne Lanvin (rose version of Omnia Green Jade. Similar airy and "nutty" quality)

Gosh Musk (straight up musk)

Molinard de Molinard (big retro floral, slightly Chamade-like at one point, though less so now)

Les Parfums de Rosine Rose d'Argent (super silvery, metallic rose, spicy and cool)

Brandy (fresh fruity thing supposedly named after a horse)

Frapin Esprit de Fleurs (nice crisp floral with alleged champagne note)
    VM - I totally agree- By Kilian perfumes have a little trademark- I can't put my finger on it- it's sort of syrupy in smell - I can recognise By Kilian's anywhere I think .
    Anyway, we smell fab together !

Today - Prada's Infusion d'Iris.

This has turned into a craver. When I am looking for something dry and powdery and "irisy" and more than a little "professional" smelling.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Riannon, my heart aches with ENVY .... that perfume was instant love for me and I devoured my tiny, tiny sample and stared at it with puppydog eyes for days afterwards. Somehow that didn't magically transform it to a full bottle.

Bond No9 Eau de New York again. Have been insanely busy in the last couple of weeks! And now getting very, very excited about THIS FRIDAY'S MEET!

Happy belated birthday wishes to Oud Girl, Clemmie and anyone else I may not have been here to congratulate

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger for this warm, muggy weather.

Neonatura Cocoon

Acqua di Parma Profumo
    If there are chypres in heaven they smell like this.

Scent twins with Paula in Jolie Madame. Have a lovely Monday, all.

Blog Entries

Thank you all again for the happy birthday wishes! I'm definitely going to love sampling those Yosh creations over the next week or so. Truly blessed, I am, to have such a thoughtful, wonderful hubby!

Today is my Mom's last full day here before I put her on a plane back to Florida tomorrow morning. My cold is still with me, so I'm going to toughen up and power thru some fun activities today (shopping, mostly ) with Nyquill (Dayquill dries me out too much), coffee, and Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

You all smell divine!

Sotd is FM L'Eau d'Hiver - something to help me stay calm and FOCUSED.

Have a great week everyone!

Ubar, today.

A calm day,... at last!

Hot and muggy days are upon us once again, wearing Chanel Cristalle, double shifts at work, off tomorrow.

Last night I wore La Mome and was surprised how good it smelled on the pillow.

Roja Dove for Urban Retreat's Rendez-Vous today.

It is less than remarkable.

VM: I'm quite persuaded that the 'nutty' note in Jeanne is madamia.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Feeling sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy....needing an olfactory awakening: covering self is Demeter's Gingerale to attempt wakefulness. It's working thanks to the bubbles :-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Lalique Encre Noir for me today. Hope everyone had a great day.

Basenotes Institution

Get better from your cold soon An Oud Girl - you sound really happy though which is lovely.

This evening I am swanning around in Poison Esprit de Parfum . I am getting into a real ' Poison' mood now- it's wonderful that just a drop of this stuff is potent enough to last for hours. Poor hubby thinks it is Hypnotic Poison !

Diesel Fuel For Life Summer for Men
    Gary

Hello to all, seems the week is starting out well for everyone, thank goodness. Hope your cold is gone by tomorrow Oud_Girl, but at least you have the yummy scents.

Dora, i am glad there is some tranquility in your world finally, you needed it.

Today i still smelt of Boucheron from yesterday, along with Weekend by Burberry (which should have not lasted through the evening shower, nice longevity)...so this evening, after my shower, I wore Vent Vert, not the vintage, but the first of many reformulations. It smells absolutely lovely, even mama keeps asking me what i am wearing.

Have a pleasant evening all, love and hugs.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Fragonard by Fragonard, the parfum

Blog Entries

Hi all!

It's coming! The meet-up is almost here!!!

Continuing where I left off, I'm sampling more fragrances that could possibly be bought at the meet-up this Saturday.

Yesterday's SOTD was my first test of A Scent by Issey Miyake.

Bright lemon-lime soda on top, quickly drying to a pleasant mix of synthetics reminiscent of dryer sheets or fabric softener. However, being as light as it is, I kept spraying myself all day to relive the topnotes.

I'd put this in the same category as L'Eau Par Kenzo Pour Homme, with its amazing ginger ale effervescence on top and short longetivity - they both work best with repeated re-sprayings. That being said, I prefer the Kenzo to this.

Oh, and I didn't get the dreaded acetone note discussed here, but the entire heart was just so synthetic (intentionally), I couldn't come close to pulling any notes out, so I could easily have simply missed it.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Blog Entries

Then, continuing the potential-meet-up-buys testing, my SOTD today has been Tom Ford Extreme.

I actually quite liked this one. The opening blast of patchouli scared me, but it very quickly converted to a leather scent, much like Tuscan Leather, but pared down and combined with smoke. Hours later, a plummy, creamy sweetness had come in and paired with the leather. While this sounds like it could be a bit Lutens-esque, it wasn't at all. This made for a very nice combination. I think the creamy sweetness may have actually been Iso E Super (which would also explain the smoke), but it's done in a really clever way that comes off more like a plum-infused myrrh under the residual leather than an Iso-heavy incense frag.
    Last edited by rogalal; 25th August 2009 at 03:22 AM.

Blog Entries

And finally, my SOTE today has been a test of Diptyque Oyedo.

I'm feeling lazy, so here's a quote from Veuve Amiot's review, which is absolutely spot-on what I thought:

"Starts out very sticky-sweet orangy - like the prefab orange lemonade that has nothing to do with orange, the fruit... Almost immediately an oddly "dirty" note starts underpinning the sweetness, saving the scent from diabetic coma. A bit longer in the "dirty" note reveals itself as thyme. The thyme is quite overpowering on my skin, which makes this one unique frag..."

Though Veuve liked it, I really didn't. The Tang + weird herb combo isn't really working for me

Love.....RL
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Argh!!! I am just coming back from work. Super long day.
    Today I wore Chanel 19, "channeling" Asha.
    Last edited by arwen_elf; 25th August 2009 at 05:51 AM.
    Evenstar