Code of Conduct

Default Frapin L'Humaniste?

I was just browsing around First In Fragrance, and came upon this L'Humaniste. Never heard a peep about it before (if there's been previous talk, just point me in the right direction), and the notes sound really appealing to me. I've already enjoyed two of Frapin fragrances before, 1270 and Caravelle Epicee, so I would love to try out this as well. Has anyone tried it before?

Ps. The notes are: gin, juniper, lemon, bergamot, thyme, and Tonka.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 25th August 2009 at 12:42 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Default Re: Frapin L'Humaniste?

Is this new or older?

I don't know, tbh. I was just researching 1270, and came upon it. I just know that coming from my love of Angeliques sous la Pluie, and it's "gin and tonic" accord, those notes sound fabulous.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I've tested terre de sarment, caravelle epicee, 1270, and liked them all.

I am enthusiastic about this new one because of the notes listed (Gin, juniper, lemon, bergamot, thyme, tonka) as well the fact the Frapin haven't released any "lemons" in my view.

Thanks mtg.
    Last edited by jathanas; 25th August 2009 at 01:26 AM.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Just purchased a 100ml of it yesterday from Luckyscent. It's on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Just purchased a 100ml of it yesterday from Luckyscent. It's on their website.
    You're right! I didn't see it before on there, and I just emailed them about it, lol. I am REALLY excited to test it out. Hednic, please do share your thoughts once you get to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    You're right! I didn't see it before on there, and I just emailed them about it, lol. I am REALLY excited to test it out. Hednic, please do share your thoughts once you get to try it.
    Can you send the link? I am not seeing it!

DISREGARD. I see it now.
    Last edited by scentsitivity; 25th August 2009 at 02:58 PM.

Oh it's good!!! It's Angeliques sous la Pluie without the green and with more citrus. Mmmmmm, I love it.

I have a sample. The prominent notes are juniper and lemon. Watery, not very long lasting: a low budget designer fragrance disguised as a niche. Think ST Dupont and you've got the gist.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 5th September 2009 at 04:56 AM.

Its not on Luckyscent anymore..?

Quote Originally Posted by Silk
    Its not on Luckyscent anymore..?
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...humaniste.html
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

I've been wearing some of a sample on my arm the past couple days. It has a gorgeous green, fizzy opening and dries to something that seems like a common modern masculine... like walking into an Abercrombie store. Does anyone else get that A/F drydown?
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I love gin tonic. L'Humaniste feels like gin tonic, but for your skin. It's VERY clear and watery. To me it's like one of those "designer scents, but better!" type of fragrances. (Think the more recent Creed's, Geir Ness, etc)

After some testing from the sample I got from Ruggles (Thanks!), I quite enjoy it so I went on the hunt for some and eventually swapped for a decant of it.

I seriously think I should consider revisiting designer fragrances.
    Last edited by moltening; 8th November 2009 at 02:42 AM.

Resurrecting an old thread.

Just posted about this in the "White Shirt" thread.

I'm surprised at how complex L"Humaniste is for a scent that wears lightly. The citrus and the spices listed are detectable but never dominate.The refreshing booziness of the gin is balanced out by the sweetness of the tonka; the result is an elegance which is atypical. Its sheer but substantial...

I have to agree that it is somehow reminiscent of Angeligue sous la plie but with more development and tenacity.

This beauty will get plenty of wear over summer.

I have a sample from Luckyscent and I loved it. Every time I go to Scentbar (Luckyscent store) I spray this. I see a bottle in my future.
    Evenstar

Dependent

I got a sample of this, think it was from Moltening... Thyme-dominant, to my average nose, and maybe a little too much thyme for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I have a sample from Luckyscent and I loved it. Every time I go to Scentbar (Luckyscent store) I spray this. I see a bottle in my future.
    Ahhh the Scentbar, a great store in one of my most beloved cities

L'Humaniste would be perfect for the warmer LA weather.

Quote Originally Posted by MFJ View Post
    I got a sample of this, think it was from Moltening... Thyme-dominant, to my average nose, and maybe a little too much thyme for my liking.
    Isn't it amazing how 2 people can get completely different experiences from the same frag? Citrus, gin, tonka, & pepper showed on the radar before thyme for me

Yep, I still love this as much as I did before, and it's probably been used more than any scent I've owned over the last 6 months or so.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post

Isn't it amazing how 2 people can get completely different experiences from the same frag? Citrus, gin, tonka, & pepper showed on the radar before thyme for me
    Indeed, J. Imma bring my sample to work later, and spray it during lunch. Just because you posted. :-)

Dang, haven;t seen you post in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Yep, I still love this as much as I did before, and it's probably been used more than any scent I've owned over the last 6 months or so.
    @mtg it's been a long time since I wore the same frag 3 days in a row I'm loving this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MFJ View Post
    Indeed, J. Imma bring my sample to work later, and spray it during lunch. Just because you posted. :-)

Dang, haven;t seen you post in ages.
    Good on you M!

I've been away but I never stopped loving you guys

I hope that the 2nd test will be a bit more enjoyable for you.

I just received my Luckyscent sample of this on Friday. Smelling it quickly from the vial, it wasn't anything like what I expected. I was kind of bummed because I thought it would have been great. I went ahead and dabbed a little bit on my arm before heading out to eat with the family. Within seconds I got a new whiff and man, it is awesome. After getting into the car my wife instantly said "you smell GOOD!". Lately, since I have been testing close to a 100 different niche scents, she almost never compliments, only complaints about them being stinkers. She said that this one was real good and she actually wanted me to buy it. I wore it again this morning and confirmed the fact that I love this. It does have a slight hint of an Abercrombie or Hollister store, but with a much nicer scent than Fierce or Jake could ever be.

Good to see L'Humaniste getting a mention again on here. It's a fragrance I also get complimented on whilst wearing it, as my girlfriend loves it. It lasts ages on me and something I would always buy again once it runs out (as long as it stays in production).

Smell is kinda cheap, longevity sucks (maybe because of the sample), but I like something about it that I can't put my finger on it's some green-strong-classy accord.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

I applied it (from a sample vial) this morning at 7:30. 12 hours later I can still smell it (yes, barely, but it's there). That's pretty good in my book for longevity. A good drenching from a full size bottle spray should be amazing all day.

Bump.

I smelled this (again) in TheDifferentScent and must say I am rather impressed.
    I usually have a hard time justifying niche prices for aquatic/citrus fragrances as they seldomly improve on the way citrusses are done by designer houses but this one is good.

A BIG bergamot up front (only today I realised that I have become able to distinguish citrus notes very clearly now ) and herbs all the way.

i will get a sample but right now this appears to be at least decant worthy.
    Smellin good

Forgot to ask : WHo actually owns this stuff?
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    I do. And I love it. It lasts approx 8 hrs on me

Rex
    Re: Avatar-So are they whats known as subwoofers?

I've been trying to hold off, but I finally gave in and bought a bottle recently.

I checked LuckyScent a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't there... I'll check again.

... Nope

Would you like to see some “magic”, MJM_77?

First, check out this…
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ...nd/Frapin.html
    … and you’ve seen L’Humaniste, right?

Now, check out this…
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/categ...nd/Frapin.html
    … and you haven’t seen it…

Now you see it, now you don’t.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    I do. And love it.

I had tried it on paper before, but I've had this on the wrist during my department store crawl today. The first and second phase is pleasant enough but without a clear identity. Later, however, (about five hours) it seemed to gain strength and enter into what I would call a scented tobacco. It's probably something else, but that's all I can call it for now. Its very appealing. I can't stop sniffing. The first couple of hours lost me though.

Edit after further wearing: I don't know where I got the 'scented tobacco' mentioned above; I was probably wearing something else at the same time. I now enjoy this fragrance very much. I now get the lemon flavour and the long lasting freshness. I agree with others that this is a contender for a summer go -to juice.
    Last edited by Melvournis; 24th June 2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: on further consideration

I love my bottle of L'Humaniste!
    Smells like my go-to club drink--Sapphire & tonic!

Bump.
    I got my bottle now.
    Its great

Finally a scent worth the summer!

Ultimately it was this or Aventus and I went for L'Humaniste.
    Smellin good

If anyone in the UK fancies giving away/swapping/selling a sample of this stuff, PM me! Extrememememly interested!

L'Humaniste is a great masculine fragrance that works very well all year around. At first it has a sour feel but it blends into a beautiful aroma very quickly.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Is it fair to say this is a pretty linear scent that doesn't change too much after the first 30minutes ?

Why isn't this fragrance part of the directory?

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Why isn't this fragrance part of the directory?
    I was wondering the same thing...along with Santal 33 by Le Labo... I'm considering buying L'Humaniste in the near future.

Just picked up a bottle on eBay for $110 shipped! Seller also has a couple other Frapin fragrances at great prices.

Due to all the positive comments everywhere I search, I am also considering a purchase over ebay. Would this be a safe blind buy? I have aventus and millesime imperiale that I'm enjoying for the summer. Would L'humaniste make a nice addition to this summer rotation or would another frag be a better choice? Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Yeah man, safe blind buy if you love Aventus and MI. L'Humaniste is great for Spring/Summer. You'll like it.

Just to note on that ebay as I just purchased it, it is shipping from overseas and my expected arrival is up to 5/3 according to ebay, I don't mind, just consider it! Great price regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Yeah man, safe blind buy if you love Aventus and MI. L'Humaniste is great for Spring/Summer. You'll like it.
    Awesome, thanks for the input. How long did it take you to receive it? I'm assuming you bought the one from Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    Just to note on that ebay as I just purchased it, it is shipping from overseas and my expected arrival is up to 5/3 according to ebay, I don't mind, just consider it! Great price regardless.
    Oh man that long for you? I guess that's the tradeoff for free shipping :/