Code of Conduct

Question jacques bogart pour homme(2004)-VS-cristobal pour homme(2000)

I am thinking of purchasing one of these fragrances(to wear as my main "nightime" scent)-i understand that both are very similar fragrance wise and in terms of sillage and longevity.which one of these fragrances should i buy? basically i want to the sillage and longevity to be quite noticeable-you know the sort of thing..........an air of fragrance vapour as i walk on by? any of your words of fragrance wisdom would and will be much appreciated as i can not decide which of these two fragrances to purchase.

Default Re: jacques bogart pour homme(2004)-VS-cristobal pour homme(2000)

I own Bogart PH but have not tried Cristobal PH. BPH is very strong and sweet with mega sillage. I find BPH very linear throughout its progression and this not a good thing. I normally do 5 sprays of any frag. couple of weeks back i did 5 sprays of BPH and i almost suffocated. I sprayed it on at night and next morning about 8 hrs later i was walking around my house and my mum asked if i was going out because she could smell BPH about 6 feet away. So yes BPH will give u more than enough sillage so 3 sprays I think will be sufficient. I do feel that BPH even trumps Kouros in terms of longevity and sillage. BPH is quite a decent sweet tobacco frag but I feels its too strong and linear. BPH would have been perfect if they had toned it down a little IMHO.

During the first few wearings of BPH, the sides of my neck that came into contact with the juice became very red with a burning sensation. I remedied this by spraying further from the neck but there was still a slight redness but the burning sensation was no more. Sprays to the chest also caused redness but to a lesser degree. But it could be just my skin being extra sensitive to the ingredients.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Longevity,sillage and sweetnes are immense in both scents...I have Cristobal but I prefer Bogart Pour Homme,since it reminds me a long ago favourite:Relax by Davidoff.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

is bogart pour homme a much more prominent fragrance than cristobal pour homme?

They are both about equal in longevity and sillage from my own experiences. You can't miss with either.

I can't make any comments as to Cristobal, I havn't try it; I bought BpH only weeks ago and I do agree with the comments done by fellow BNoters. It is very seet along the line of pipe tobacco, quite lineal, strong in sillage and good longevity. The drydown is amazing, it has a powdery feeling I really enjoy. It is a contemporary kind of scent in terms of the sweetness - didn't you notice many recent launches are sweet?

I would not hesitate saying it is sort of dissapointing, but the drydown is very nice. This makes up for its lack of complexity. As a matter of fact, Bogart made me try the rest of the recent launches - City Tower and Silve Scent: I realize they share many notes in common, as well as their lack of complexity. These two deserve several tries in order to appreciate them properly.

I have never tried Bogart Pour homme-but i do have a bottle of Cristobal,it is very sweet and on myself the note progression is not that defined-i smell something in Cristobal that is in Body Kouros(benzoin).I dont wear Cristobal that often because it is much too sweet for my liking-but best of luck with BPH!!

Basenotes Plus

I would actually suggest you look at, for better comparison to Cristobal Pour Homme by Balenciaga, at Marcel Roucel's awesome fragrance he created the year before Jacques Bogart Pour Homme - TL Pour Lui (2003) by Ted Lapidus. It is a wonderful vanilla scent that is lifted with mint, bergamot, florals (including a very nice orange blossom note that is wonderful). I don't think Balenciaga's Cristobal Pour Homme bottling is too sweet or cloying. I actually find it to be extremely refined, elegant and a true oriental composition that integrates both a nice tea note (spectacular actually) and very nice tobacco leaves. I love the top notes of spice & herbs - artemisia, coriander, white pepper (clean but spicy) and a dash of nutmeg that helps transition into the heart (which is the awesome tea and tobacco leaves). It has fantastic use of benzoin, vanilla and amber forming the base notes along with a nice touch of sandalwood and patchouli (which is not too sharp). Balance and harmonious fragrance by Gerard Anthony - 9/10. Read my full review of Jacques Bogart Pour Homme (which also mentions a comparison to Roucel's TL Pour Lui bottle). If you are looking for two scents more comparable (one being cheaper) from Roucel to Cristobal Pour Homme, TL Pour Lui has more of that ethereal feel...however, Balenciaga's bottling is simply in another class by itself.

Jacques Bogart PH is a great fragrance on its own merit...period. Please read more if you are interested.

Cheers,

ericrico
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Basenotes Plus

I would actually suggest you look at, for better comparison to Cristobal Pour Homme by Balenciaga, at Marcel Roucel's awesome fragrance he created the year before Jacques Bogart Pour Homme - TL Pour Lui (2003) by Ted Lapidus. It is a wonderful vanilla scent that is lifted with mint, bergamot, florals (including a very nice orange blossom note that is wonderful). I don't think Balenciaga's Cristobal Pour Homme bottling is too sweet or cloying. I actually find it to be extremely refined, elegant and a true oriental composition that integrates both a nice tea note (spectacular actually) and very nice tobacco leaves. I love the top notes of spice & herbs - artemisia, coriander, white pepper (clean but spicy) and a dash of nutmeg that helps transition into the heart (which is the awesome tea and tobacco leaves). It has fantastic use of benzoin, vanilla and amber forming the base notes along with a nice touch of sandalwood and patchouli (which is not too sharp). Balance and harmonious fragrance by Gerard Anthony - 9/10. Read my full review of Jacques Bogart Pour Homme (which also mentions a comparison to Roucel's TL Pour Lui bottle). If you are looking for two scents more comparable (one being cheaper) from Roucel to Cristobal Pour Homme, TL Pour Lui has more of that ethereal feel...however, Balenciaga's bottling is simply in another class by itself.

Jacques Bogart PH is a great fragrance on its own merit...period. Please read more if you are interested.

Cheers,

ericrico
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

Basenotes Plus

I would actually suggest you look at, for better comparison to Cristobal Pour Homme by Balenciaga, at Marcel Roucel's awesome fragrance he created the year before Jacques Bogart Pour Homme - TL Pour Lui (2003) by Ted Lapidus. It is a wonderful vanilla scent that is lifted with mint, bergamot, florals (including a very nice orange blossom note that is wonderful). I don't think Balenciaga's Cristobal Pour Homme bottling is too sweet or cloying. I actually find it to be extremely refined, elegant and a true oriental composition that integrates both a nice tea note (spectacular actually) and very nice tobacco leaves. I love the gorgeous and well-blended top notes of spice & herbs - artemisia, coriander, white pepper (clean but spicy) and a dash of nutmeg that helps transition into the heart (which is the awesome tea and tobacco leaves). It has fantastic use of benzoin, vanilla and amber forming the base notes along with a nice touch of sandalwood and patchouli (which is not too sharp). Balance and harmonious fragrance by Gerard Anthony - 9+/10. Read my full review of Jacques Bogart Pour Homme (which also mentions a comparison to Roucel's TL Pour Lui bottle). If you are looking for two scents more comparable (one being cheaper) from Roucel to Cristobal Pour Homme, TL Pour Lui has more of that ethereal feel...however, Balenciaga's bottling is simply in another class by itself.

Cheers,

ericrico

Basenotes Plus

error

Basenotes Plus

Hey Howie -

A night-time scent implies parties, social settings and something that will exude confidence and masculinity (and also not too clubby - like 1 Million). Just by choosing the two scents you did to compare shows me you have taste and want a nice warm and sensual/inviting aroma that is in the oriental-vibe (tonka/vanilla base with rich top and middle notes). I know both of these fragrances well (and really appreciate both - they are exceptional, period) but I would actually suggest you look at, for better comparison to Cristobal Pour Homme by Balenciaga, at Marcel Roucel's awesome fragrance he created the year before Jacques Bogart Pour Homme - TL Pour Lui (2003) by Ted Lapidus. It is a wonderful vanilla scent that is lifted with mint, bergamot, florals (including a very nice orange blossom note that is wonderful). I don't think Balenciaga's Cristobal Pour Homme bottling is too sweet or cloying. I actually find it to be extremely refined, elegant and a true oriental composition that integrates both a nice tea note (spectacular actually) and very nice tobacco leaves. I love the gorgeous and well-blended top notes of spice & herbs - artemisia, coriander, white pepper (clean but spicy) and a dash of nutmeg that helps transition into the heart (which is the awesome tea and tobacco leaves). It has fantastic use of benzoin, vanilla and amber forming the base notes along with a nice touch of sandalwood and patchouli (which is not too sharp). Balance and harmonious fragrance by Gerard Anthony - 9+/10. Read my full review of Jacques Bogart Pour Homme (which also mentions a comparison to Roucel's TL Pour Lui bottle). If you are looking for two scents more comparable (one being cheaper) from Roucel to Cristobal Pour Homme, TL Pour Lui has more of that ethereal feel...however, Balenciaga's bottling is simply in another class by itself.

Cheers,

ericrico