Code of Conduct

Arrow Appreciation Thread : Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada (plus youtube review)

Let Me know what you think about this fragrance

I love this bottle and I need to start using it more often !

and of course if you want to know more check the youtube link !

Oh and I did a little bit of shopping this morning , check out my new bottles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrCZ2L1xemY

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Appreciation Thread : Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada (plus youtube review)

I appreciate it!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Appreciation Thread : Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada (plus youtube review)

I appreciate it for breaking the mold of the typical designer offerings. It certainly is unique in a sea of "me-toos", however as much as I enjoy the scent of soap, it somehow goes out of control on my skin, and becomes overwhelmingly cloying. Don't know why, but I definitely think it smells nice.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Amber PH is one of my favourites. Clean, soapy and discreetly luxurious. Detached and insistent at the same time.

Dependent

Tested it couple of times, it definitely smells good. You are on a roll buddy!

This is one of the popular designers that I havent tried yet. The thing is I like pretty much everything about Prada's aesthetic, so I dont know why I havent gotten around to smpling this (or any Prada frag for that matter).

Not a fave scent but a very entertaining review. Well presented and on point.

Great review once again.

Sorry to say that I'm not a fan of this Prada offering, although I quite like Infusion.
    Amber has that strange, plasticy, soapy sweetness that just disagrees with me, as subtle as it is.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

thanks guys appreciate the comments

I'm a fan of Prada Amber PH and i think yours is the first review on it on youtube. Its always a pleasure to watch your reviews. Keep em coming
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

I thought it was decent at first, but by the third wearing I was getting this throat-closing soapy quality that made it unwearable. I tried it a couple more times but kept having this problem. Even if this quality was absent, I don't imagine myself being drawn to reach for this one, ever, because there's nothing in it that I find particularly enticing.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 27th August 2009 at 04:06 AM.

I was on the fence about it - sometimes gorgeous, sometimes cloying and boring - regarding my extremely small wardrobe, it's not enough for a purchase.

I never got to try this yet.. but I enjoy your reviews! Keep it up!

I just bought it today... got the 3.4 oz refillable thing but the sprayer is kinda weird, it takes a couple pumps to get it to spray anything. I don't know if that's normal or not, maybe I got a bad sprayer? It's kind of form over function, but hey it looks cool! I really like the scent, it's different from everything else I have.

IMO it's a masterpiece, but not something I reach for very often.

Infusion d'Homme is much more wearable on an everyday basis but I find the soap accord in that fragrance irritatingly synthetic. Strange that Amber doesn't come off as synthetic at all to me (unless overapplied, in which case it can be nauseating!)
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Love this one...own the "special edition" atomizer of this (which doesn't work all that well!)...awesome work scent, just don't overdo it!

Though bumping this thread in belated manner, I am also one of the Basenoters who cannot refrain their admiration for this scent.

I like this one and the longetivity is really great.

Yes, one of m favorites.

One scent I didn't really favor, I could learn to appreciate it but the soapy smell isn't a soap that I'd like personally. It is oddly feminine and powdery..but its not the fem aspect as much as its the weird "purple" smell if that makes sense...maybe its just the color of the juice making me think its a purple smell.

I keep trying to "get it," but so far not much luck. I like the idea, but the execution, especially the drydown, just doesn't work that well for me. It turns weirdly and annoyingly synthetic in the end. Can't imagine anyone thinking that odd chemical scent smells good on me. I considered buying it for office-wear, but now I'm thinking no way.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 22nd June 2012 at 01:36 AM.

For me its the opposite, as it dries down...the elements I dislike tone down but I don't think I'd buy it at the money.

Does Mugler cologne have a similar soapy element, if it smells like irish spring soap thats cool but whatever this weird, powdery, flamboyant soap is...not feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by yteek View Post
    For me its the opposite, as it dries down...the elements I dislike tone down but I don't think I'd buy it at the money.

Does Mugler cologne have a similar soapy element, if it smells like irish spring soap thats cool but whatever this weird, powdery, flamboyant soap is...not feeling it.
    Though Prada Amber and Mugler both are soapy scents they are in 2 different classes. Prada Amber is a class expensive suit and tie type soap, and Mugler Cologne is a casual versatile anytime type scent soap.

I love Mugler Cologne and really like Prada Amber!!!!

I love Prada Amber Pour Homme. It was the fragrance that opened the door to a perfume world for me. An instant fall in love from the first sniff. And it was also the first perfume I posessed. Before Prada Amber Pour Homme I didn't knew anything about perfume. If it wasn't for this fragrance I would've never discovered a perfume world, I think.

My bottle will be empty in a month or two. Time to buy a new one.

absolute favorite of mine.

Just saw the review. Very entertaining and nicely done.