Code of Conduct

Default source for bottles

Looking for somewhere to buy bottles with crimp or screw top atomizers. Something decent looking and simple. Ideas?

Dependent

Default Re: source for bottles

Thanks for the links. I'm looking for something like these, but the minimum order on most of them is 7000 - 10,000 pieces. Um yeah, I would not even have a place to STORE them. . . haha

http://www.abapackaging.com/Saverglass.htm

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I've bought from Pilotvials.com but their bottles are nowhere as pretty as the ones in your link, Fennec.

fennec: I'm really interested in the Saverglass line as well, have been for a while. Most Saverglass bottles have minimum orders of 4k-6k, higher for some others, and lower for a few others. Which Saverglass are you most interested in? Perhaps if we can get enough interest it might be a good idea to do a group order? I'm quite fond of the 50ml Little Sumo myself, as well as the Oslo bell bottle.
    Last edited by flouris; 27th August 2009 at 07:15 AM.

Flouris I was thinking about asking the same thing; if anyone else might want to go in on a shipment. I'm finding sources with much smaller palettes. The little Sumo is pretty cool but I wouldn't want to mess around with labeling it unless it were a thin band label (could look good). It wouldn't even be easy to silkscreen unless the logo was really tiny. I think we should choose a basic square shape and see if we can get enough people interested in it to split the order. I think it's do-able — I just don't want to end up with more than, say, 250 bottles. I really can't see the sense in storing many more so I'm looking for smaller minimum orders. . .

I was quoted 7000 minimum by one company @ like 1.80 or something. 13k!? lol. . . no. . . finding smaller source

On the shape/simplicity issue, for instance, look at Serge Lutens bottles. They look wonderful. I think most people could agree on something in that neighbourhood.

Quote Originally Posted by fennec View Post
    Flouris I was thinking about asking the same thing; if anyone else might want to go in on a shipment. I'm finding sources with much smaller palettes. The little Sumo is pretty cool but I wouldn't want to mess around with labeling it unless it were a thin band label (could look good). It wouldn't even be easy to silkscreen unless the logo was really tiny. I think we should choose a basic square shape and see if we can get enough people interested in it to split the order. I think it's do-able I just don't want to end up with more than, say, 250 bottles. I really can't see the sense in storing many more so I'm looking for smaller minimum orders. . .

I was quoted 7000 minimum by one company @ like 1.80 or something. 13k!? lol. . . no. . . finding smaller source
    haha yeah, they really want to entice you with beautiful bottles, then say you can look but not touch unless you shell out 20k for the minimum order. Wise marketing, but bad news for perfumers looking for quality bottles in reasonable numbers.

I wonder if it would be ok to message the moderators and see about starting a thread to do a group order? I'm not sure if it would violate the rules somehow?

I agree, labeling the Sumo might be difficult, and I also agree about Serge Lutens bell bottles... they are complete eye candy.

My biggest problem with going with 250 bottles (roughly) is the fear that once I run out, if I'm so lucky, I'll be forced with the conundrum of doing a repackaging/redesign, or shelling out big $$ for a full palette of the same bottles to maintain design consistency. Just my 2 cents though... I think if we can all agree on a certain bottle type that even has a min order of 3k, I'd probably take around 1k... maybe we could find 4-5 others who would want to split up the difference (either evenly or unevenly). It's worth a shot, at least?