Code of Conduct

Default Mre et Musc Extrme by L'Artisan Parfumeur

How dominant is the musk in this scent? I'm almost anosmic to many musk-based scents, so I wonder if I would be able to smell much of Mre et Musc Extrme. I've sniffed the non-extreme version and found it too light. Then again, it was after sniffing so many fragrances, so my nose might have been fatigued.

Thanks.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mre et Musc Extrme by L'Artisan Parfumeur

The white musk in MeME is quite dominant, as is the berry. The regular MeM is merely a hint of what you get in MeME. I am sure you will not miss the musk in this edition. A good one.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    The white musk in MeME is quite dominant, as is the berry. The regular MeM is merely a hint of what you get in MeME. I am sure you will not miss the musk in this edition. A good one.
    Is there anything else going other than white musk and berry? I hardly smell anything from scents like ck Be and Alyssa Ashley White Musk, so I'm always reluctant toward musk-based scents.

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    Is there anything else going other than white musk and berry? I hardly smell anything from scents like ck Be and Alyssa Ashley White Musk, so I'm always reluctant toward musk-based scents.
    There's a hint of citrus to begin with but really the name of the fragrance is an example of truth in advertising!

FWIW: In my opinion MeME is THE berry and musk fragrance.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Trust me, the berry and musk is STRONG. It lasts forever on me, and I absolutely love it, it is entirely unisex, yet I just don't feel comfortable enough wearing it in public to spring for a bottle. The berry note is just amplified too much on me.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

How about the sillage?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

How about the sillage?
    Lets just say if you walk past someone, that person will definitely get a waft of MeME, and not just a faint one.

You admit not having had a good sniff of MeME due to nose fatigue. If it is possible/convinient why not go for a re-sniff? I wouldnt recommend a blind purchase (though i do it most times ) but i would go as far as say that you owe it to yourself to sample MeME well.

signed:
    A Loyal Devotee of MeME
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Absolutely strong sillage as previously mentioned.

OK, I tried Mre et Musc (not the extreme) again today. On paper it was good, but when I tried it on my skin, it became reminiscent of baby soap my son uses; good on him, but not for me.

Basenotes Institution

OK, I tried Mre et Musc (not the extreme) again today. On paper it was good, but when I tried it on my skin, it became reminiscent of baby soap my son uses; good on him, but not for me.
    This was my experience too. Cant. Smell. The. Musk. Oh well.

A couple days ago, I spotted a bottle of Mure et Musc Cologne, which I have NEVER seen. I liked it. For about 5 minutes on my skin. Then it turned into that same berry, hairspray, powder thing. I'm going to stop trying to like this scent.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    This was my experience too. Cant. Smell. The. Musk. Oh well.

A couple days ago, I spotted a bottle of Mure et Musc Cologne, which I have NEVER seen. I liked it. For about 5 minutes on my skin. Then it turned into that same berry, hairspray, powder thing. I'm going to stop trying to like this scent.
    Really Mike? That's why I didn't like Mure et Musc Cologne. It was really weird because it was like it was 80% herbal cologne on top of 20% good ol' Mure et Musc. I could barely smell the berries and musc and it took a LOOOOONG time to get there, like 5 hours before the musc and berries became dominant. Odd, how skin works.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense