Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up S O T D Friday 28 August

Nice weekend for everybody

VIVARA
    EMILIO PUCCI

Beautiful aquatic green floral chypre !!!
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 28th August 2009 at 12:56 PM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: S O T D Friday 28 August

Kate Moss : Velvet Hour
    Patchouli, patchouli and patchouli.

Enjoy your Friday, everybody.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Love's True Bluish Light, and praying it will be available again at some stage

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

My SOTD is Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir. Have a great Friday everyone!

Top notes: Sicilian Lemon
    Middle notes: Hedione, Aromatic Herbs, Cedar
    Base notes: Chypre Accord, Ambry Leather

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Teo Cabanel Alahine, a gorgeous cananga (aka ylang-ylang) scent for me today, cooler and dryer here.

Last night the divine Ms Tao gave us a call and it felt like a birthday all over again. "Anything you need", she said. What a blessing to have a friend like this!

Wordie, this is a nice picture of you and your cat on your avatar.

ComDiva, you probably had a blast meeting MP, did not you? Glad to hear that!

Outlandish, I am pleased to hear you enjoy wearing Balmain La Mome -- Zibeline and me do too! This is one nice spicy rose, a very close relative to Rosine Rose Kashmiere, but better. And with the discounts from an online retailer it could not have been a better catch.

TGIF?

Post Thanks / Like

How could I have missed sending Chaya and B congratulations on their anniversary? Gah! So sorry, Cariad! I loved your description of your day and am thrilled that you've shocked your sons. Yay!!!! Truly, you are smokin'.

Visitors are here so must keep this brief.
    Sister-in-law is staying with us for a long weekend and Small is over the moon to have her favourite aunty all to herself. SiL picked Small up from school today and apparently Small didn't cry today and didn't have to sit on the naughty chair today. (I think Frau Lightsabre might have a few things to talk to us about on Parents Evening...)

I used a bar of Lush's Coconut soap in the shower this morning and to go with that unsweet coconut I plumped for EL's Bronze Goddess as SOTD. I do like this. It's so easy to wear and summery. I think I'm definitely falling into the 'easy easy easy' category of fragrances just at the moment.

Right - off to show the visitors Schaffhausen, with its beautiful painted buildings and hilarious camp statues (when I work out how to post photos here I'll show you what I mean). And oooh, maybe I'll get to pop into a little perfumery I know that stocks Serge Lutens and will doubtless have the recent releases in. I love the SA there, she's a really nice lady and she knows her stuff. Also, she wears amazing modern jewellery.

Hugs hugs hugs to all and hope you have fantastic fun tomorrow at the meet and sniff. Wish I could be with some of you somewhere. Maybe next year?
    xxxxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

I'm taking the opposite road from Wordbird - scent-wise, that is - with a growing penchant for the weird, these days. Today's Dzing! just doesn't cut it. It's nice in its stables + carboard + vanilla as always, but so... vanilla, she ended lamely.
    I think I'm ready for fall and all the harsh incenses it brings with it.

Kitty is growing ever more demanding as she settles in more - very early this morning I had a dream someone was shouting at me, spittle flying, punctuating whatever they were saying by pressing an angry finger into my collarbone. I woke up to find a kitty sitting on my chest, looking quasi-innocent.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Post Thanks / Like

Mare, by Creative Universe ( thanks to foetidus) Notes of sea salt, avacado, and ginger lily.
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 28th August 2009 at 11:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Shiseido Eau Relaxante, wonderful calming scent taht I need these days. I have to try bath bomb yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all First of all a belated HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Mrs and Mr Chaya It sounds like you had a great time! Quite envious of all the BNers meeting up,wish I could come too! Anyway,today is another gorgeous Autumn day. Love this time of year! Sotd is Poison.Have a nice weekend those who won't have to work.

Lena
    "Curiosity is insubordination in its purest form." - Alexander Skarsgård
    Looking to try Les Senteurs Gourmandes Musc Blanc, Parfums de Nicolai Vanille Intense, Chanel Beige and...everything else!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good morning! First things first: Happy belated birthday to Soirdelune! Loads of good health and happiness to you!

Happy Anniversary to Chaya and husband! Wishing you years and years of love ;-)

Went on a mini sniffathon yesterday and had the chance to try l'Artisan's new Havana Vanille---first of all, it's an edp so it does last and last. It's very boozy, a hint of tobacco, something that reminds me of chocolate and creamy vanilla in the opening. The chocolate disappears but the vanilla gets sweeter as it develops. Booziness stays with it for hours and hours. It's definitely different although I don't really think it's me.

Also tried Jo Malone's new Anise Vanilla. Love this one. Anise and citrus in the opening; citrus quickly dissipates and the vanilla-creaminess comes through. Ends with something herbaceous like in the same vein as Eau de Cartier. Love it, love it----I'll wear it today :-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Un Bois Sepia

Have a great day everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Roberto…you smell so nice! I love Pucci Vivara, the scent, the bottle, everything.

House sisters with Jasper today in Coty’s Kate by Kate Moss.
    (Rose/patchouli)

Veuve, I never thought I’d have an interest in incense fragrances, but I find I’m craving something incensey lately, particularly frankincense. It's funny how our tastes evolve and cycle. I'm looking forward to fall. In addition to incense, I've had a major rose yen lately, so I'll have to check out La Mome, since it comes with such good recommendation from Basenoters here. I’m very much looking forward to YSL’s Parsienne, created by Sophia Grosjman. I read the notes and it seems similar to my SotM, except hopefully an upgrade, and they’re even using Kate Moss for the ads. So incense and roses for me this fall. In the meantime it’s still hot, hot summer here in Virginia and like Wordie I’m enjoying my nice nice nice fragrances, though they don't last long in this weather.

TGIF! Enjoy the day!
    Last edited by lilybelle; 28th August 2009 at 12:26 PM.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovethescents - I tried Havana Vanille last week. To me it smelled the way a Carvel ice cream cake tastes, all gagging sweet synthetic vanilla -- and this is coming from someone who can take a LOT of sweetness on my skin. Very disappointing, needless to say.

Sotd is Annick Goutal Sables. I am just loving its warmth and spice and richness on this dreary rainy day.

Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: S O T D Friday 28 August

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Roberto…you smell so nice! I love Pucci Vivara, the scent, the bottle, everything.

House sisters with Jasper today in Coty’s Kate by Kate Moss.
    (Rose/patchouli)

Veuve, I never thought I’d have an interest in incense fragrances, but I find I’m craving something incensey lately, particularly frankincense. It's funny how our tastes evolve and cycle. I'm looking forward to fall. In addition to incense, I've had a major rose yen lately, so I'll have to check out La Mome, since it comes with such good recommendation from Basenoters here. I’m very much looking forward to YSL’s Parsienne, created by Sophia Grosjman. I read the notes and it seems similar to my SotM, except hopefully an upgrade, and they’re even using Kate Moss for the ads. So incense and roses for me this fall. In the meantime it’s still hot, hot summer here in Virginia and like Wordie I’m enjoying my nice nice nice fragrances, though they don't last long in this weather.

TGIF! Enjoy the day!
    Thanks Lilybelle. You also smell very very nice.....
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Post Thanks / Like

First off: BELATEDS:
    To SoirdeLune....HAPPYHAPPY BIG FOUR OH!!!
    (Although I'm here to tell you that the fifties and sixties are THE BEST!!

To the Chayas: HAPPYHAPPY ANNIV!!
    (Nothing like a lovin' hunny!)

For me today - attending a Lit'rary Luncheon, dahling (!!!!) from the gallant, courageous and TOTALLY generous Twolf, a sample of the incomparable CHAMADE. They don't hardly make them like this anymore.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Belated "Happy Birthday" to Soir and "Happy Anniversary" To. Ms. Chaya and husband. I hope you are still celebrating so I am not that late.
    Yesterday I tried Le Labo Iris in the moning (I can't escape the thought that it resembles Black Orchid by Tom Ford and I wonder if my sample was mislabeled), then Incense Rose for the rest of the day (I love this more and more) and then J'Adore to sleep.
    I also tried in a store D&G L'Imperatrice. God, what an embarassement of a scent. Shampoo, but not even a nice one. ughh
    I haven't decided for today yet.
    Last edited by darkdreams; 28th August 2009 at 12:40 PM.

Apres l'Ondee is perfect today- powdery dew topped flowers for this crisp & clear "i can smell fall coming" day

Iris Nobile by Acqua di Parma

Post Thanks / Like

I am wearing Bois Farine on this cool and rainy day. My little dog is spending the day with me at work, with a side trip to the groomer's. He is our unofficial "therapy" dog, sitting on my clients' laps, licking, etc. Brings a smile to everyone's face.

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Stardust for Men as SotD

Welcome back to Taolady!

"Retreat hell, we are just attacking in another direction!" (Attributed to Major General Oliver P. Smith, USMC, Korea, December 1950.)
    Last edited by kbe; 28th August 2009 at 12:59 PM.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

Today I´m testing a sample of Arden´s Pretty. A big bouquet of (white) flowers, soft to begin with, but sharper with time...

Have an ab fab Friday everyone!

Ubu, that Mare sounds really intriguing ...

Am in Un Jardin sur le Nil today, a birthday gift from my beloved. I really do like it. It's just a little bit different, without being especially controversial. It's weedy water to me, and I love the lotus note. I also see now how it shares certain elements with Kelly Caleche. It's identifiably Ellena.

Thank you, everyone, for your warm and loving birthday wishes yesterday (and today). What a great community we are; talk about the kindness of strangers ...

Lastly, I'd like to add how sad I'm feeling today to be unable to meet up with the BNoters in London. I had been looking forward to it so much, but my new job put paid to the possibility of me attending. Ah, well. I do sincerely hope, however, that all those attending enjoy it immensely. VM I Hate Civet has already texted me regarding Amarinthine (Penhaligon's forthcoming Duchaufour scent), and is in ecstasy ... Awaiting more updates with trepidation
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Still smiling from the evening a couple of days back with my fabulous brother, MikePerez, who I finally got to meet, and who (along with his DH) is even more wonderful in person than he is here on BN!!!

Another day for me in the glorious Serge Lutens Filles en Aiguille, thanks to a tester vial from MikePerez. It is a beautiful, piney/sweet fragrance that for me alternates between elegance and comfort. Love it!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here we are as the London contingent kicks off Basenotes Meet-up Weekend. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's get-together in Boston.

Today I'm trying something new.

Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile

I went to graduate school at the University of Georgia and one of the lingering scent memories of Athens, GA was the smell of the magnolias. Magnolia has a beautiful scent to me and a perfume that is centered around it is one that will appeal to me. Enter Antoine Maisondieu who has designed the 2009 release for Acqua di Parma, Magnolia Nobile. This is the second in the Nobili series to 2004's Iris Nobile. I am a big fan of Iris Nobile because the iris really stands out in that scent and I was hoping for the same thing in Magnolia Nobile. The top is what seems to be the Acqua di Parma trademark opening, bergamot and lemon. I wonder if you are forced to begin with this if you are asked to design a scent for Acqua di Parma. As a beginning it is fine but the sameness of it has the effect of making one stifle a yawn because you've encountered this beginning so many times before. Thankfully, just as in Iris Nobile, the titular star of the show makes its appearance quickly and powerfully as magnolia comes into play. This is a magnolia in full-bloom on a humid early summer day in the South. There is a hint of green but the floral sweet character of magnolia is cleanyl delineated in the heart of this one. The magnolia is joined by a touch of jasmine and a hint of rose but, as in Iris Nobile, those are mere grace notes; the heart of this is magnolia pure and simple. The magnolia stays in place for a good long time before slowly giving way to a woody vanilla base cut with a little vetiver and patchouli. It keeps the sweet level on a par with that of the heart and thus allows the magnolia to continue to linger without being overwhelmed. Magnolia Nobile is a close wearing long lasting eau de parfum. As they did with Iris Nobile, Acqua di Parma has created another singular floral sensation in Magnolia Nobile, let's hope we don't have to wait five more years for the next Nobili.

Have a Fervent Friday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xmen View Post
    Iris Nobile by Acqua di Parma
    we're two then ^^
    important meeting today so Iris Nobile seemed totally appropriate
    Last edited by j4ck; 28th August 2009 at 01:34 PM.

Happy celebration sweet Chaya!

Today for another cool/cloudy day
    I've chosen Vaniglia del Madagasca
    by I Profumi di Firenze.
    I can't quite put my finger on it,
    it's not really chocolaty... but,
    it seems to have a certain element of opaqueness to it...
    Perhaps some caramel?
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Woke up with an unswerving craving for the amazing Timbuktu. Thankful that I still have some in my sample! Off to work...Happy Friday to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Outlandish, I am pleased to hear you enjoy wearing Balmain La Mome -- Zibeline and me do too! This is one nice spicy rose, a very close relative to Rosine Rose Kashmiere, but better. And with the discounts from an online retailer it could not have been a better catch.
    I really do like it! I sprayed a bit on my sheets & inhale it all night long.

Today my whole house smells of a very nice dupe of MPG Ambre Precieux, due to a soaping mishap. So I decided to go with it and rub a titch on my skin.

TGIF for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Farnesiana, this one never ceases to amaze me with it's complexity, it never smells the same on me, each time some new quality emerges.

I'm giving Love's True Bluish Light a try for the first time today....It was way too sweet at first sniff, and I was afraid I was facing another Chinatown...but, the sweet top note disappeared quickly and left a lovely cozy vanilla. I'm not sure that I'll ever be completely at home in this family of scents, but LTBL is definitely the most easy to wear for me. It does make me long for my flannel jammies and a good book!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Post Thanks / Like

Comme Des Garcons 2

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Well everyone is smelling fabulous this Friday !
    Also there is some Love's True Bluish Light on A L 's etsy shop now- in oil form of course !

This morning it's some Opium extrait for me to wake up to and I am sure it will be something else a bit later on. Have a fabulous weekend and I hope Basenoters going to the meet up have a fun filled fragrant time. I wish I could be there too .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 28th August 2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spelling - too early in the morning .......
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Well everyone is smelling fabulous this Friday !
    Also there is some Love's True Bluish Light on A L 's etsy shop now- in oil form of course !
    WooHoo!!

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Winks good morning, my shining jewels!

I swear, your posts become wiser and sweeter and cuter everyday--kiddies and kitties and perfume notes. You're mentioning some of the frags on my to-sniff list for tomorrow's BASENOTES WORLDWIDE MEET-UP (which starts with Ubu and me having coffee in The Big Willy)!

Twolf, I'm so frustrated for you and Mr. Timberwolf due to your This Old House hassles.

I reached for my sample bottle of Hové Rue Royale this morning. It's shy and soothing.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

1969 Parfum de Révolte - Histoire de Parfums
    Wishlist is pointless.

Post Thanks / Like

I am such a weirdo... wearing Epic to bed
    I will be seeing my HK meetup in around 13 hours, yes, I am excited!

Post Thanks / Like

Jolie Madame today. Take care all, and have fun at the various BN meetups!

My SOTD is Madness Natural Black by Chopard.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Post Thanks / Like

Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SotD for me is Cruel Gardenia.

You all remind me that I must give the Iris Nobile EDP a try.
    I have tried the EDT, and it was not for me. However, I hear that the EDT and EDP are considerably different --- yes? I do love the iris note...

Happy Aloha Friday to all...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: S O T D Friday 28 August

Shalimar eau Legere.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in town after a lovely summer at the lake. Hard to believe school is starting soon! Today I am in Essence by Narciso Rodriguez. I may like the bottle better than the perfume, but it is pretty nice. Very clean start but then switches gears and becomes kind of a clean, sexy musk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi all and happy London Meet-Up Day!

I expect detailed reports...

Today's SOTD is my first test of Michael Kors by Michael Kors, which apparently used to be called Michael For Men - with thanks to Snaggy1 for the sample!

Tobacco and leather and plums, but with a slightly unfortunate ozone note in there. It feels kind of like someone submitted a really nice, expensive, classy-smelling fragrance to the bean counters at Estee Lauder and some suit said "yeah, it's nice, but make it more fresh", so, in a fit of artistic suicide, the frustrated perfumer threw in some cheap ozone and rounded out the otherwise beautiful plum with that popular TANG-smelling fake orange. Seriously, you can actually smell that there's a beautiful, well-crafted perfume in here, with a pinch of crap added, most likely to satisfy some corporate idiot.

95% great, but that other 5% is just sad...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    ...tomorrow's BASENOTES WORLDWIDE MEET-UP (which starts with Ubu and me having coffee in The Big Willy)!
    Coffee? You get coffee? When I was there, all I got was a shot of grass juice.

(Oh, all right, I'm not a coffee drinker, either, so it doesn't make much difference.)

Big Willy? Not even going to go there....

I raise my drink in a toast to all the Basenoters meeting up this weekend. Happy sniffing!

SotD: It's Flowerbomb Friday for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm back from a fantastic day in London at the Basenotes lunch. It was superb, thank you so much Dani, Grant and Pia for organising it.

My skin-sampled scents today have been BNTBTBB Cocktail, Penhaligons Amarantine (due out in October and it's going to be a loong wait!), Malle's Une Rose and l'Eau d'hiver, CDG Sherbert- Rhubarb, and Creed Virgin Island Water (finally bought). I sniffed countless others on paper and have a splendid little sample stash to enjoy too.

Post Thanks / Like

White Patchouli
    - Tom Ford from a sample today.

:wave: Have a faboulous time at the meeting tomorrow! I wish I could be with you...

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm back from the gym . I was next to this older lady on one of the bikes. Her perfume was wafting towards me for the hour I was on the bike so with time to kill I tried to think of what it could be. I thought it was Opium or Tabu . Turns out ,she was wearing Charlie !! Took me by surprise because it smelt really good on her.

Anyway, this afternoon it's Beyond Love By Kilian.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Well, I stayed in colour code for this late rainy afternoon, and as my Love's True Bluish Light faded away, I replaced it with L'Heure Bleu. Mmmmm. I am intrigued by the scent and enthralled by the history of it....wonderful and just right for my mood and the weather....
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Hello, you dear things...
    Thanks for all your sweet wishes ;-)
    [I love you ALL!]

Crap weather tomorrow will NOT keep me away- but it will make me soggy.
    JWM today- quiet day to recup from "excesses" yesterday ;-)

Bought J all his bedding and towels for going away [ in exactly a WEEK]-
    So I won't be spending, myself.

Hope all have a blast !

Clair de Musc. Probably Bois des Iles parfum later.

Happy Weekend. Finally!

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had been thinking about that shot of green you girls gulped. This ol' gal's getting herself some coffee after two hours of travel.

Mossant, whom we should be meeting up with at some point, tells us that Big Willy's the new nickname for the Sears Tower/now Willis Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Coffee? You get coffee? When I was there, all I got was a shot of grass juice.

(Oh, all right, I'm not a coffee drinker, either, so it doesn't make much difference.)

Big Willy? Not even going to go there....

I raise my drink in a toast to all the Basenoters meeting up this weekend. Happy sniffing!
    Last edited by Quarry; 28th August 2009 at 09:19 PM.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    I had been thinking about that shot of green you girls gulped. This ol' gal's getting herself some coffee after two hours of travel.

Mossant, whom we should be meeting up with at some point, tells us that Big Willy's the new nickname for the Sears Tower/now Willis Tower.
    Well Quarry... since you are a green lover, a shot of wheatgrass may be in order!
    Gosh, I'm always the last to know...Big Willy ...still Sears Tower to me. Just like Macy's on State will always be Fields in my heart! Get your sleep Quarry, and put on your walkin' shoes!

SOTE was BULGARI BLACK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veuve amiot View Post
    Kitty is growing ever more demanding as she settles in more - very early this morning I had a dream someone was shouting at me, spittle flying, punctuating whatever they were saying by pressing an angry finger into my collarbone. I woke up to find a kitty sitting on my chest, looking quasi-innocent.
    LOL! That reminds me of this excellent Simon's Cat video.

It's 100º here today and I'm really looking forward to enjoying the cool weather up in the city tomorrow. Even more so, meeting and sniffing with fellow BNers!

I got a wonderful package in the mail from bbBD (thankfully rescued from the mailbox before it reached a boiling point inside), and am finally getting to sample Givenchy III! This is the vintage edt, and I feel so, so lucky to be wearing it!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I got called in very early for an emergency heart cath this morning and didn't put any scent on while I rushed out the door. Lucky for me, I had a few samples in my locker, so I ended up wearing Mure et Musc.

I'm meeting with CologneJunkie tomorrow in Kansas City for our mini-BN meeting! I truly have not been this excited about anything for a long time. If anyone is in KC or within driving distance, we would love to have you join us! PM me or check the BN meeting weekend social group for info.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nanadebarey Green for the morning

AND

Heely Cardinal for the evening

I hope you all have a nice day and sorry I posted so late
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone, sounds as if the London BN meet-up was a success, glad you all had fun.

Today i started with Azurée by EL and it is still just as potent 10 hours later.
    After my shower i want to wear Private Collection by EL, but will see how much Azurée remains. Might have to go in another direction, with some Youth Dew, we will see.

Looking forward to tomorrow, but hubby is feeling under the weather, so i will have to play this as it unfolds.

Goodnight all, love and hugs.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source