Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: S O T D Friday 28 August

Sampling Parfumerie Générale's Tubereuse Couture this evening (thanks, Mysticknot!). This is an interesting gourmand tuberose. Very sweet, tropical, cocktailish.

I hope everyone is having (will have) a good time at the meetups in Boston & London. I'm jealous! But someone's got to hang around and hold down the fort. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Nighty-night!

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Turquoisewater, if you check in here again, I'm curious about what you think of it. I tried it earlier this week and haven't quite decided yet!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    ...But someone's got to hang around and hold down the fort. Can't wait to hear all about it...
    I'll hang out with you, Lilybelle! If it weren't for a special family event tomorrow night, I'd probably be at the SF meetup. Maybe next year. Have fun everyone!!!

Hi, Haunani! I looooove Vetiver Extraordinaire. It's a 5 star for me. I have a 50 ml bottle and every time I spray it, I say to myself, 'I'm gonna have to get a 100ml one of these days.' I love its earthiness, and pepperiness. I've smelled Encre Noire (on paper only, addmittedly), which it is often compared to, but I like VE better.

SotE... gawd, it's so hot in my little oven of an apartment, so I took a cool shower with some lavender soap, already having in mind I'd put on some Serge Lutens Encens et Lavande. I thought it would cool me with thoughts of being in a gray, stone, airy Gothic cathedral. It's working for me.
    Last edited by turquoisewater; 29th August 2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: sp

Polo Black by RL
    Gary

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Montana Parfum d'Homme tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I'm in my absolute fav today.....Alien. Got compliments as soon as I stepped on the floor. I love this frag.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    Hi, Haunani! I looooove Vetiver Extraordinaire. It's a 5 star for me. I have a 50 ml bottle and every time I spray it, I say to myself, 'I'm gonna have to get a 100ml one of these days.' I love its earthiness, and pepperiness. I've smelled Encre Noire (on paper only, addmittedly), which it is often compared to, but I like VE better...
    Thanks, TW! I tested it on a very busy day and didn't pay enough attention until the drydown. Really liked the drydown. I will try it again and pay attention!