Code of Conduct

Thread: Dior 'Jules'

Default Dior 'Jules'

A friend of mine on holiday in France has informed me via SMS that she has managed to purchase a bottle of 'Jules' for me there. I have been wanting some for years as Jules is my name. What can I expect from this fragrance and can it be compared with anything more abundant? Is it wearable, or will it be something that is a novalty to own, but better off left in the bottle?

Default Re: Dior 'Jules'

Don't worry - it's great. I bought a bottle blind at my local Neiman Marcus a few months back.

The opening reveals its brotherhood with Eau Sauvage, but then starts immediately morphing into something dirtier and more animal-like - both in a good way. I'm not great with the lingo nor the notes, but it's really wearable and remains interesting through its life on the skin.

Most extravagant, different, particular, strange, puzzling, rare scent over. Gets the sort of "how can you like that" sort of compliment when sniffing top notes, enjoyable in its own character..

You can't be in this hobby without ever trying it, like it or not.

Its totally adorable as it is.
    It's definitely classy, I dont quite get the Eau Sauvage but think its way heavier and heads in a different direction. The pepper is giving it coolness and class (to my nose) while the leather gives it one interesting dry down.
    I'm still angry at myself for hesitating to long when a bottle showed up on ebay recently.
    The buy now is over 90 € here...

You will love it. IMO in a class by itself.

Off-Scenter

See reviews here.

smeller

So, do you mean you live in Belgium and can't get Jules in your country? I already knew Jules distribuction is restricted to France, but I thought that you could get it at least in very close countries like Belgium.

I've gotten to try it a couple times and really loved it. Congrats.

I would like to try this.

And I want to say "...et Jim." LOL!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Wink Re: Dior 'Jules'

Quote Originally Posted by smeller View Post
    So, do you mean you live in Belgium and can't get Jules in your country? I already knew Jules distribuction is restricted to France, but I thought that you could get it at least in very close countries like Belgium.

It is not available in Belgium unfortunately, otherwise I would have owned it long ago.

It's pure class in intself. One of the finest scents ever.

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    Its totally adorable as it is.
    It's definitely classy, I dont quite get the Eau Sauvage but think its way heavier and heads in a different direction. The pepper is giving it coolness and class (to my nose) while the leather gives it one interesting dry down.
    I'm still angry at myself for hesitating to long when a bottle showed up on ebay recently.
    The buy now is over 90 here...
    That's strange, I've seen it recently at Neiman Marcus in San Francisco for only $59 = 41.