Code of Conduct

Default Scent-to-go for men: travel minis

Please ignore if this was already posted...

The womenfolk have always had the option to buy very little "mini" bottles of "travel" scent to tuck into a purse for discreet touch-ups. This beats lugging around the 1.7 oz bottle, to be sure!

On the whole, this has not been an option for men.

Well--guess what I bought today at Sephora!!? The YSL L'Homme mini spray. Very small piston pump spray in an elegant and "virile" black leatherette sleeve that holds the glass vial. Somewhat of a Harley-Davidson aesthetic here on the sheath/sleeve: it's leather-textured and has silver-tone studs like motorcycle accessories! Perfect to tuck into the breast pocket of the jacket. It retails for $35.00. You get two small atomisers and one sleeve.

There are two 0.33 oz/10ml of the EDT and one leather sheath. They are called "nomadic" sprays!

I tried to find a link with a photo, but couldn't. This scent has been chided for its mediocity by some, but I think it's a nice, eau fraiche scent. In my humble opinion, it beats the trousers off of Eau de Cartier. Is it statement-making? No, but it is certainly pleasant. (OK...I will spray Parfum d'Habit to make a statement...)

Hopefully, more men's scents will come in the small travel sizes.

BTW, Coco Mademoiselle has the twist-and-spray mini-to-go: it does not have a conventional cap to remove, but a little cam inside that extends the spray piston to be depressed with a twist of the cap. It is then retracted after application of the scent. Cool engineering!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...uctID=FWCOM12F
    Last edited by Primrose; 29th August 2009 at 04:30 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: Scent-to-go for men: travel minis

I know these male fragrances come in mini sprays of 15ml or less (and own some of them): Cartier's: Pasha & Must PH, Hermes: Un Jardin series & TdH, and CH: 212 Men & 212 Sexy Men.

Is the YSL L'Homme mini spray u described refillable?
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Meh I'd usually want to pay more to get the full 50 ml as I know I'd run out of the mini's. Was at Sephora and flirted w/ an SA till I got a bunch of empty vials to decant myself.

I buy little 'purse atomizers' from decant suppliers and make my own travel minis.

Quote Originally Posted by andylama View Post
    I buy little 'purse atomizers' from decant suppliers and make my own travel minis.
    Ditto. I posted looking for more manly looking ones a while back though.

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Is the YSL L'Homme mini spray u described refillable?
    No, sadly, these are not refillable. They *are* more costly than buying the larger sixes, as is usually the case, but if one does not make one's own decants, they are convenient.

As for gerbick's comment about a "manly" small sprayers, yes, the leatherette sleeve is not girly at all. Usu. women's minis are miniatures of the 50 and 100 ml. I usu. try to shoot for the 1 oz sizes as a compromise between price and portability.
    Last edited by Primrose; 29th August 2009 at 01:45 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.