Code of Conduct

Default Boucheron Pour Homme or Boucheron Jaipur

Which one of these two elegant and luxurious smelling fragrances do you think is the best? I own the EDP of Boucheron homme, and the EDT of Jaipur. I maby think jaipur is a bit on the feminine side, or is it just hallucination? Both have a sophisticated "I`m classy and rich" aura around them. Which one do you prefer, and why?

Default Re: Boucheron Pour Homme or Boucheron Jaipur

Boucheron PH because it is ultra formal. Defies nature, and as Turin says, a long lasting citrus. Wonderful supporting notes. 90's Tabarome? Synthetic? Hot Cold? Mixed Blue and Gold? Artificial construction? Too bold?

Sur la Plage

For me there is no doubt - Jaipur PH EDP.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Both are great, but if I had to choose I would choose Jaipur.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    For me there is no doubt - Jaipur PH EDP.
    Agreed. Jaipur EDP is a better formulation to compare with pour Homme EDP. And the better scent, IMO.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Oslo, I once made the same query, tried both, got both and... ended up prefering Boucheron. Be aware I have the EdT's. EdP's are unavailable down here.

In terms of "woody spicies", many mention Jaipur along the line of Hait Rouge, but I prefer this last one.

As long as i have Valentino V in my collection, Jaipur will be a sort of redundant.. They are both sweet and elegant. IMO, Valentino V is a better frag.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Boucheron Pour Homme or Boucheron Jaipur

Jaipur is my preferance.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 28th August 2009 at 10:32 PM.

Jaipur for me.....This is a Fantastic Fragrance.
    Gary

Both scents are outstanding, and I have no preference. They're both very different, except that they're both elegant and smell expensive, and comparing them is really like comparing apples to oranges. It really depends on what mood I'm in (or what genre you prefer): do I want to wear a citrusy chypre (BoucheronPH) or a rich vanillic oriental (Jaipur). I will say that both are among the best of their respective genres.

I would choose Boucheron Pour Homme. Jaipur is spicy and sweet in a way I don't particularly care for. I have it but rarely wear it. It's OK once in awhile, but I guess I just don't like things like that too often.

I hate strong citrus frags, so that eliminates one of these for me. Jaipur EdP is another matter. I've been trying to figure out why I don't enjoy it more than I do, because it is the type of frag I do like (and have plenty of, including similar "women's" ones). One thing may be that it's a great scent, but it doesn't act the way I want a frag to. Instead, it's very strong for a while, then there's nothing there of interest and it's weak. Even while it's strong, there's not enough dynamism. I think the heliotrope might be too dominant, but I also have Etro's Heliotrope, which is much more subtle and hence wearable for me. Even the Etro is somewhat bland, and I'm thinking that if the heliotrope is too strong in a frag the frag will lack dynamism, because this is characteristic of this note. Anyone else feel this way about this note when it is strong?
    Last edited by Bigsly; 29th August 2009 at 04:58 AM.

Actually, both. There's something in both of them I truly like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Actually, both. There's something in both of them I truly like.
    Oslo:

I own both and love both so I definitely agree.

Since you already have Boucheron PH EDP, I would suggest acquiring the EDP version of Jaipur. I have never sampled the EDT version of Jaipur, but I am nonetheless convinced that Jaipur EDP is the way to go.

Regarding your comment that Jaipur seems feminine, that just demonstrates differences in skin chemistries and preferences. There is nothing about Jaipur that seems feminine to me at all.

TJ

I can understand why someone might find Jaipur a bit feminine - it is very powdery and has a sweet vanilla note to it, which you often smell in feminine perfumes. I agree it is a little feminine, but it's also very masculine in a very refined way. A lot of my favorite scents in my collection tend to have feminine qualities.