Code of Conduct

Thumbs up New L'Artisan Vetiver!!!???

Ok, I'm going off almost no info here, but in the new interview with Bertrand Duchaufour on the "site that must not be named" , he mentions various projects for L'Artisan that he is in the process of workin on

"Right now, I am so busy. I am working on several projects for L’Artisan Parfumeur, including a Vetiver, a Tuberose, and an Amber Oriental. And I just finished for the next launch an incredibly strong OUD. I am very happy with this one."

Now, I would assume that certain people are going to be excited about each of those fragrances, how interesting would a L'Artisan oud be? But I'm just super excited that they're creating a new vetiver! Has anyone heard anything else about this?

Edit: Sorry, forgot the link, it's a very interesting interview. http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Insi...ufour-976.html
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 28th August 2009 at 10:28 PM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Dependent

Default Re: New L'Artisan Vetiver!!!???

Phil, knowing you, you'd probably sample them before most, so I'll be looking out for your review when the scents are released. I am excited about tuberose and the amber
    Thanks for sharing!

Lol. You got it Matt. Then again the Tuberose, Vetiver, and Oriental aren't finished, I would assume, so they are far off from me having a chance to get my grubby hands on em'.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Sigh, Duchafour's compositions so rarely work for me. He might as well have said:

Right now, I am so busy. I am working on several projects for L’Artisan Parfumeur, including a Cornichon, a Dill Pickle, and a Malt Vinegar. And I just finished for the next launch an incredibly strong PICKLE JUICE. I am very happy with this one.
    Still, I'll give these new ones a sniff, ever hopeful...
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Sigh, Duchafour's compositions so rarely work for me. He might as well have said:

Still, I'll give these new ones a sniff, ever hopeful...

Hilarious. Sadly, I'm in the same boat as you.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Ooh, Duchaufour's stuff works great on me (for the most part). Looking forward to these, particularly a new vetiver.

I was just thinking the other day how weird it is that they didn't replace Vetiver with something. Like another vetiver. This would be a nice development.

Hit or Miss, but if it's a hit it will be a big one. I'm at least interested in them. Bit funny L' Artisan is jumping on the oud bandwagon though.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

It would be nice if it were replaced by the original Vetiver... :-) That was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lian View Post
    Bit funny L' Artisan is jumping on the oud bandwagon though.
    I know right? I find it amusing that he mentions that is "incredibly strong". Really? Since when has any L'Artisan been strong? If it is, in fact, in line with the majority of the rest of L'Artisans offerings, I think it would be pretty interesting to try a "transparent" oud. That would pretty cool.

I really liked the old L'Artisan Vetiver
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Oh GOD! I can't wait!
    Tuberose from L'artisan is a favorite of mine, so I can't to see what he can do! Also can't wait for the Vetiver!

I do have a soft spot L'artisan....sighhhhhhhh....

Basenotes Institution

Anyone heard any more info on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    I really liked the old L'Artisan Vetiver
    As do I. It took me over a year to find a bottle, and I use it very sparingly.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

L'artisan is coming out with a "Vetiver Bourbon" in 2012! Let's hope they do it right and we don't end up with an after shave scent. I called the New York office because I am sickly obsessed with the original L'artisan Vetiver and I am storing my leftovers in a wine closet. Down to the last couple of ounces! I have tried every Vetiver on the market so I won't bother asking anyone if there is a comparable one.... Guerlain Vetiver Sport is the closest I've been told. I have gone so far as to buy every essential oil on the market to duplicate it myself and I have ended up smelling like a dirty, dead head!!!! My husband hates it! Anyway, they are not bringing back the original, unfortunately.

actually it's 2011.