Code of Conduct

Question Four new Tom Ford Private Blend musks - anyone try them?

Private Blend White Suede Eau de Parfum Spray

White Suede exudes smooth white leather blended with elegant suede, heightened by saffron, warm amber, and sensuous musk.

Notes include: Bulgarian rose, saffron, thyme, Lily-of-the-Valley, white leather, suede, amber, sandalwood, and musk.

Private Blend Urban Musk Eau de Parfum Spray

A musk of carnal passion, Urban Musk is a sexy hedonistic scent that leaves an indelible and irresistible impression.

It reveals the raw power of musk amidst seductive notes of jasmine, honey, black plum, and incense.

Private Blend Jasmine Musk Eau de Parfum Spray

A favorite of both men and women, this scent is an intoxicating mix of heady florals, ylang ylang, jasmine, smooth vanilla, and earthy patchouli.

Private Blend Pure Musk Eau de Parfum Spray

This transcendent fragrance captures the essence of youthful sensuality.

Derived from Ylang Opur, white pepper, bergamot, jasmine, Lily-of-the-Valley, orris absolute, tonka, beeswax, and musk.

Same $180 per 50 mL price, same bottle, but rather than the dark/amber design, these are clear with white caps. They are all musks.

Interested to hear from anyone who's tried them, I believe they just became available.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Four new Tom Ford Private Blend musks - anyone try them?

Yes, Ive tried White Suede thanks to a fellow BNer passing on their sample. It is very powdery and rather feminine with some dramatic florals and sensual musk.

I've sniffed all of them. My favorite so far is the Jasmine Musk. I believe there will be a special coffret containing all of them coming out for the holiday season - it will be a pretty pricey presentation, but you can always plead with Santa.
    Last edited by Jardanel; 29th August 2009 at 12:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any other scent you could compare White Suede to Dimitri? The Florals + Musk make it sound pretty good, although I must admit i'm equally hyped about all 4

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post
    I've sniffed all of them. My favorite so far is the Jasmine Musk. I believe there will be a special coffret containing all of them coming out for the holiday season - it will be a pretty pricey presentation, but you can always plead with Santa.
    Don't cha love santa I've tried Urban Musk and all the others but Urban Musk was the only one that really stood out in my mind the others were been there smelled that but the amber musk combo in UM was great
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

Who is the perfumer for the Tom Ford private blends? Is it the same person for all of them?

I tried all four and the only one I found remotely interesting was Urban Musk, the others are about as meaningless as his chemical miasma called White Patchouli. Too much, too soon. For some reason Tom Ford, who has run out of interesting things to say, just keeps blabbering on. Someone needs to take away his coke.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 29th August 2009 at 03:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to let everyone know they are now available at Neiman Marcus's website, don't know if it's been mentioned yet.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/search.j...294967222&va=t
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

I never noticed the 3.4 oz. size of some of the private blend frags. Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Tedster View Post
    I never noticed the 3.4 oz. size of some of the private blend frags. Hmm...
    The only one I liked enough to pay $450 for was Amber Absolute. I really really like that one.

It's a whole lot, but if you consider that it contains the same amount of EDP as five 50 mL bottles, 5 x $180 = $900, so at $450, it's like ordering five 50 mL bottles but only paying for 2.5 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Just to let everyone know they are now available at Neiman Marcus's website, don't know if it's been mentioned yet.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/search.j...294967222&va=t
    Didn't you catch all the Neiman Marcus hotlinks I included in my original post?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotic Scientist View Post
    Didn't you catch all the Neiman Marcus hotlinks I included in my original post?
    Haha, after I posted that, yes.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

The only one I liked enough to pay $450 for was Amber Absolute. I really really like that one.

It's a whole lot, but if you consider that it contains the same amount of EDP as five 50 mL bottles, 5 x $180 = $900, so at $450, it's like ordering five 50 mL bottles but only paying for 2.5 of them.
    The link above has 3.4 oz. bottles of private blends for $260.00. I've seen the 8.3 oz. and 1.7 oz. bottles at Neimans, But haven't seen the 3.4 oz. before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Too much, too soon. For some reason Tom Ford, who has run out of interesting things to say, just keeps blabbering on. Someone needs to take away his coke.
    LMAO. I'm a TF fanboy and I could not agree more

I tired these the other day and frankly I do agree they have run out of ideas. The really need to slow it down. At this rate they will have a different TF fragrance for each day of the year in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedster View Post
    The link above has 3.4 oz. bottles of private blends for $260.00. I've seen the 8.3 oz. and 1.7 oz. bottles at Neimans, But haven't seen the 3.4 oz. before.
    Ah I see, I didn't catch that, I immediately assumed you were talking about the 8.3 oz since in my mind there were only two sizes available... now three I guess.

One thing to keep in mind with the 8.3 oz size is there is NO atomizer, and it has a VERY large opening at the top of the bottle. You CANNOT refill the 1.7 oz size because the bottles do NOT open. So you will pretty much need a separate perfume atomizer and a pipette for transferring the fragrance if you get the 8.3 oz size.

I tried them all recently. They have them now at Holts in Canada. I thought White Suede & Musk Pure were both okay. I can't really remember how they smelt like but they didn't smell musky, more clean/fabric softener than anything.

Urban Musk was disappointing, there's something fume-y about it, like one part Bulgari Black or maybe Tar/Skai from the CdG Synthetic Series. The Black Plum was very prominent, sort of reminded me a tiny bit of Noir de Noir. It sounds interesting but it really wasn't. Oddly, my favorite was Jasmine Musk but it was too feminine and flowery. Kind of reminded me of Carnel Flower from Frederic Malle. They both share similar notes of jasmine and ylang-ylang.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 30th December 2009 at 02:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Who is the perfumer for the Tom Ford private blends? Is it the same person for all of them?
    The only one that I dare mention is the Urban Musk. That was created by Yann Vasnier. When I was telling him about what I thought of UM and what it's smell was like, he got the giggles. He told who the other perfumers are that created the rest of the Musk range, but he swore me to secrecy because Estee Lauder are not making it public who the perfumers are, for some strange reason.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    The only one that I dare mention is the Urban Musk. That was created by Yann Vasnier. When I was telling him about what I thought of UM and what it's smell was like, he got the giggles. He told who the other perfumers are that created the rest of the Musk range, but he swore me to secrecy because Estee Lauder are not making it public who the perfumers are, for some strange reason.
    That is strange - and a bit ridiculous. Why would they keep this secret, when the noses for the other Private Blends have been made public?

I didn't know Vasnier did the Urban Musk (the one of the 4 I have not smelled yet).