Code of Conduct

Default Mailing to Canada

When I go to the post office to mail a few things to Canada is there anything I should know? Is it legal to send perfume? Should I fib if they ask if there is liquid?
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Default Re: Mailing to Canada

I think this worry is slightly overhyped. Just declare cosmetics or if you want to be creative (Flacon). After 70+ deals, I've never had any problems.

I think declaring it as a liquid is bound to cause issues, especially with Canadian customs. I always tag it as "body lotion" with a value of like $10 and it always gets through without any issues whatsoever. If what you're sending is in a small-ish package, then you could probably declare it as "used cosmetics".

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Last one I called a "glass atomizer unit," and told the guy it was double boxed with bubbewrap and styrofoam peanuts used, all of which was true !

Thanks. I'll relax and say cosmetics.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Interesting question
    You are getting good advice. "Liquids" raise a red flag. Cosmetic samples or something like that is a safer way to express it.
    The other factor is that of time. In my experience, cross-border mailing is 2 to 3 times longer than usual. It can take three weeks for something to get to me.
    Cheers, ody
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Well, we'll hope for good luck. I put the "samples of body lotion" in the mail today.

Calling the package a "gift" of "used cosmetics" has always worked for me. 100+ packages in 4 years have all made it to me except 3. 2 were confiscated by USPS before making it to the border and 1 was confiscated by Singapore customs who then forwarded me the empty box LOL.

If it is really liquid-y and makes a sound, add a box of Tic Tacs