Code of Conduct

Default Eau de toilette - fancy name for bodyspray?

I've noticed that a lot of eau de toilettes are rated on basenotes,net as "great smelling, but poor longevity". Caswell-Massey's Number Six and L'Occitane's Verveine come to mind here.

I wonder if these scents are meant to be applied copiously, the way bodyspray is sometimes applied. I don't want to suffocate anyone, but I also don't want these scents to wear off me after three minutes or so.

Anyone else seem to notice this?

Dependent

Default Re: Eau de toilette - fancy name for bodyspray?

It all depends on the scent. I have no experience with the 2 you mentioned, but I have certain EDTs that last 6 hours and others 2-3 hours tops, same number of sprays. Some scents are just meant to be subtle.

Most Eau de Toilettes last a long time - men's ones often lasting longer than women's Eau de Parfums.

When you see comments about short lasting ones, it's the exception to the general rule that is being pointed out. Sort of like you expected EDT strength but got EDC or Body spray strength.

There is some variability though. Some are weak on everybody, some seem to be short lasting on some people, and long lasting on others.
    Renato

On their website, Caswell-Massey lists Number Six as a cologne not as an eau de toilette.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost