Code of Conduct

Thread: Ysl m7

Default Ysl m7

Could you get away with this as a daytime fall/winter or is it strictly a date or night out cologne?

Dependent

Default Re: Ysl m7

As I mentioned in another thread, M7 is perfect in cold weather, be it day or night. However, my personal preference is to use it for formal or intimate situations, not much of a casual fragrance for me. Others may disagree...

I've used it before in the day time. Pls note that Malaysia's weather is hot and humid all year round. It worked fine for me and I went with 5 sprays ! But nowadays i prefer wearing M7 in the evening, preferably in an air conditioned environment. But if u like a fragrance don't let the occasion or the weather stop you from wearing and enjoying it.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

You could wear it at any time of day for any occasion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    As I mentioned in another thread, M7 is perfect in cold weather, be it day or night. However, my personal preference is to use it for formal or intimate situations, not much of a casual fragrance for me. Others may disagree...
    I agree w/ this. I looove M7 in cold weather, but I typically save it for more intimate occasions. I'll occasionally crave the scent & wear it to work, but only a couple sprays under my shirt.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

To me its a cold weather night time scent. Hope this helps.
    Spring/Summer Wardrobe: vetiver extraordinaire, rose 31, terre d'hermes!

I'm thinking some of you guys overthink occasions when to wear colognes. Wear it when you please.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    I'm thinking some of you guys overthink occasions when to wear colognes. Wear it when you please.
    Yep.

My feeling is that you don't want to appear like you are trying too hard. For instance Gucci Pour Homme great cologne but during the day, tedious. I get that if you like a cologne you could give a @!&% what others think. But that being said, you know when someone is just being themselves and when they are trying. I can't find M7 around here to sample you know what I mean?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by fkc_nner View Post
    My feeling is that you don't want to appear like you are trying too hard. For instance Gucci Pour Homme great cologne but during the day, tedious. I get that if you like a cologne you could give a @!&% what others think. But that being said, you know when someone is just being themselves and when they are trying. I can't find M7 around here to sample you know what I mean?
    I understand what you mean... Have you considered buying a sample? Maybe from theperfumedcourt? It is a tad pricey, but is worth it since M7 is definitely not something you would want to buy blind. It is quite a heavy scent and not something that wears close to skin. Can get a wee bit cloying too sometimes. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by fkc_nner View Post
    I fail to see how a scent can make it look like you're trying too hard. Maybe I should dump my poser scents down the drain.

Basenotes Plus

2 schools of thought here.

One, wear whatever you like whenever you want. So what if people are beginning to call you the 'cologne guy'? They can choke on my cologne for all I care. I don't really need that extra confidence cuz I got it in spades.

Two, wear what you feel is suitable for the occasion/place, with a view to enhance how others perceive you. For some the right scent gives them a more confident aura. When you're new and unsure of scents, you tend to overthink. But give it time, you'll figure out whaich ones work best for you under which conditions. Then it becomes second nature.

It's really up to you which school of thought you prescribe to. I know which camp I'm in.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 30th August 2009 at 05:39 PM.

It`s perfect for day and evening use. But always "dressed up"

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post

One, wear whatever you like whenever you want. So what if people are beginning to call you the 'cologne guy'? They can choke on my cologne for all I care. I don't really need that extra confidence cuz I got it in spades.

Two, wear what you feel is suitable for the occasion/place, with a view to enhance how others perceive you. For some the right scent gives them a more confident aura. When you're new and unsure of scents, you tend to overthink. But give it time, you'll figure out whaich ones work best for you under which conditions. Then it becomes second nature.

It's really up to you which school of thought you prescribe to. I know which camp I'm in.
    Why does "wearing whatever i want whenever i want" make me the "cologne guy"? I could easily wear something strong like Kouros to the office but with 1 or 2 sprays under the shirt and i don't think it will make me a mr. way too much cologne wearer..
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post

My opinion is that these two schools of thought are somewhat flawed. I subscribe to neither.

Basenotes Plus

I stand corrected of course. You can always moderate the amount you put on depending on the scent's characteristics (projection for instance). Thanks for pointing it out. I guess it's not so much of what you wear rather how you wear a scent that matters.

Not quite sure why guys answer this thread by questioning the original posters motivations. Just answer the question ! The OP would like some advice, not to be criticized.

Personally, I think if applied in moderation ( 2 sprays ?), M7 can do well. I do think it is more of a fall and winter scent, but it just depends on how YOU feel and how comfortable you are with M7 on. I would recommend do some tests at home to see gauge this.

I do wear a lot of fragrances which I consider to be Fall/Winter fragrances in the Spring/Summer. I would really have to know where you live and how the climate is. To me, climate makes a massive difference.

I also think that M7 is great for fall/winter.