Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
o

Default almond scent for men?

is there a decent almond scent for men?

Default Re: almond scent for men?

You might like to sample L'Eau d'Hiver from Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle. It's light and maybe more winterish (hence the name) but the Heliotropin note is quite almondy. Subtle and nice.

Apres L'Ondee by Guerlain is a classic and may fit the bill altho generally classed as a 'feminine'? It's one of the classics IMO and worth at least checking out - 100 years old but only EDT available now.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 31st August 2009 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    You might like to sample L'Eau d'Hiver from Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle. It's light and maybe more winterish (hence the name) but the Heliotopin note is quite almondy. Subtle and nice.

Apres L'Ondee by Guerlain is a classic and may fit the bill altho generally classed as a 'feminine'? It's one of the classics IMO and worth at least checking out - 100 years old but only EDT available now.
    +1 for Malle's L'Eau d' Hiver. It's a very unique blend which hints at a "creamy" almond.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.
    Currently wearing: Prada L'Homme by Prada

cool... i will check them out if i can

Basenotes Institution

Try Mazzolari 's Alessandro and POTL - Luctor et Emergo.
    Petty small minded people have no place in my life.
    Currently wearing: Angel by Thierry Mugler

Oh oh!! Dior's Bois d'Argent. It's a light but long lasting gourmand that features a very nice almond. It's one of my favorites.

EDIT: The list of notes doesn't actually say almond, but the toasted, buttery vanilla note with a hint of incense makes me think of nuttiness. More like an amaretto treat than dry roasted almonds.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 31st August 2009 at 02:29 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Off-Scenter

Jaïpur Homme is quite a bit more than "decent" (especially in the EdP concentration,) with a conspicuous, almondy heliotrope note.

Blog Entries

I like it on a female, but a great scent nonetheless, with notes of:

Wet green leaves, dewy grasses, clean/new spring florals, and a whole lot of smooth almond extract on the base (with some smooth woods), is:

Kiehl's Forest Rain

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Oh oh!! Dior's Bois d'Argent. It's a light but long lasting gourmand that features a very nice almond. It's one of my favorites.

EDIT: The list of notes doesn't actually say almond, but the toasted, buttery vanilla note with a hint of incense makes me think of nuttiness. More like an amaretto treat than dry roasted almonds.
    Dior's Cologne Blanche actually has an almond note in its pyramid, while also smelling like powdery vanillic almonds in its drydown. A must-try along with Bois D'argent.
    Currently wearing: Tom Ford Noir by Tom Ford

For a tremendous almond-vanilla I would recommend Guerlain Les Elixirs Charnels - Oriental Brulant

Beautiful stuff.

More accessible is Body Kouros - abundant almond/marzipan.
    .................................................. .................................................. .............................................
    Feb 2012 - I requested my account be deleted. Remember, be friendly to many, but friends with few.

Etro Heliotrope.

Hmmm I guess body kouros is the one I'd try first since it's available cheap online

If you get a chance to try it, you should try 'Louve' by Serge Lutens. As far as i can remember from my 1 time sampling, it had some almond in there.

Good luck

Banned

Louve (Serge Lutens). Certainly not for men in the first place, but you might end up liking it.

Farnesiana by Caron. Its a mix of Mimosa and Almonds. Its listed as a feminine scent but when I tested it I didn't find anything there that would stop a man downing this one. I tested a sample and it felt slightly strong yet I feel that if I try it from a tester atomiser the full effects of its beauty would be manifest
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

great suggestions..... a lot of sniffing to do

If you are prepared to spend a wad of cash: try Profumum Antico Caruso. Shaving cream and almonds. Slightly too masuline for my tastes (which is rare, I should add) but you may love it.
    For the oddest almonds, like, ever: Montale Amandes Orientales. Nothing anyone writes up could prepare you for that beast, but I quite like it.

More "mainstream" almond scents include Dior Hypnotic Poison (ignore the female marketing), L'Artisan Jour de Fête, Ava Luxe Loukhoum, Acqua di Parma Mandorlo di Sicilia...
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

one of the most underrated releases ever has to be Paco Rabbanes XS Extreme Girl (perfumer: CDG man Mark Buxton). easily unisex and one of the boldest almond based scent.

Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    If you get a chance to try it, you should try 'Louve' by Serge Lutens. As far as i can remember from my 1 time sampling, it had some almond in there.

Good luck
    Men must like this as I get stopped every time I wear Louve!

I would 2nd (3rd?) Dior Cologne Blanche- it is wonderful.

And L'Artisan Jour de Fete. I feel this is more of a masculine than a feminine scent for sure.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Quote Originally Posted by Vibert View Post
    Jaïpur Homme is quite a bit more than "decent" (especially in the EdP concentration,) with a conspicuous, almondy heliotrope note.
    Yep, that's the one I was going to recommend too.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Gaultier's Fleur du Male is a little 'almondy' to my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by L'aventurier View Post
    Dior's Cologne Blanche actually has an almond note in its pyramid, while also smelling like powdery vanillic almonds in its drydown. A must-try along with Bois D'argent.
    Hmmm I will have to check that out. Sounds like it might be a little lighter than Bois d'Argent, and a little less foody?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Funnily enough, I was in a department store last week with a friend who spritzed himself with D&G Pour Homme and announced "almonds!". I think he was misinterpreting the tobacco, but I could see where he was coming from.

Basenotes Plus

I agree with most of the recommendations above. The one that sticks in my mind the most is Cologne Blanche by Dior. But one must be okay with powdery scents to wear this.

Antico Caruso
    Eau de Parfum
    by Profumum
    The Scoop
    Inspired by the scent and atmosphere of a classic, old fashioned barbershop: white tiled floors and leather chairs; rich, creamy soaps and brisk herbal tonics; the buzz of good-natured conversation. A vibrant citrus note mingles with the subtle sweetness of almond on a warm base of wood. The result is clean, but in a comforting and luxurious way— not at all astringent or antiseptic. Antico Caruso brings to mind the good manners and relaxed pace of an earlier time, but has an ease and minimalism that keeps it wearable and modern.

Antico Caruso Notes
    Citrus, almond, sandalwood

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Hmmm I will have to check that out. Sounds like it might be a little lighter than Bois d'Argent, and a little less foody?
    Yep, definitely lighter, and a little less sweet and foody, but I'd still say it's halfway between "gourmand" and "refreshing cologne." IOW it opens up with citrus and neroli, then dries down to a slightly sweet powdery almond vanilla thing with a touch of rosemary to balance it all out. In my top 10, if not top 5 favorites.
    Currently wearing: Tom Ford Noir by Tom Ford

Antico Caruso is really good stuff and great for cold days.

Sorry to ask . There have already been so many suggestions. But how should a predominantly almond scent smell . I noticed at the kitchen we have an almond oil used for baking or as an additive and it smelled fruity. But others have mentioned nutty here I guess referring to how almond nuts smell. So when u say almond scent to which do u refer to? I am leaning towards the almond oil smell though

Quote Originally Posted by docjason View Post
    Sorry to ask . There have already been so many suggestions. But how should a predominantly almond scent smell . I noticed at the kitchen we have an almond oil used for baking or as an additive and it smelled fruity. But others have mentioned nutty here I guess referring to how almond nuts smell. So when u say almond scent to which do u refer to? I am leaning towards the almond oil smell though
    I was wondering which you meant as I was reading the answers too. I'm not familiar with many of the scents suggested, but I would put Jour de Fete on the nutty list, while the one I was thinking of, Castelbajac, is more the fruity scent.