Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: S O T D Monday 31 August 2009

Very busy Monday with festival planning--and sudden assignment for a magazine piece on Asian culture in North Central Florida, deadline Friday (I have to play photog on this one as well). And I thought that I might take half a day to recover from yesterday's heat exhaustion. I needed a bright, energetic scent, and when I think bright and energetic I think Cristalle EdT.

Cristalle was always advertised as being a cross between a cologne and a perfume. It has the brisk herbal/citric aspects of cologne and the rich floral heart of a perfume, and I like to think of it is as a fusion of the Italian Riviera and the couture houses of Paris. It fairly begs out to be splashed, like cologne (or splashed in), with its zippy Mediterranean citruses and shaggy flecked aromatics. Is there a smarter fragrance?

Basenotes Institution

3xasif - I LOVE Fleur D'Oranger - I smell L'Heure Bleue in it ,probably silly me but true ! The reviews for this seemed mixed but I love it.

This morning I'm wearing Tuberose Diabolique by the talented Ava Luxe.

*LOL* That's some typo Soirdelune ! So anyone who's had a bikini / brazilian wax can't join it ?
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 31st August 2009 at 02:03 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

It took me a moment to find the typo, Soir....I kept looking closely at words like "Nipped" and "I am not a partaker of the regular Opium." It's amazing where my naughty mind can go....

It's the first day of school today for two of my three wee ladies, so I wend for the pencil shavings in Feminite de Bois. Mmmmmm....so glad I went for a FB on this one, it never does me wrong!

Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Highland Lilac of Rochester for me today. Ahh....mmmm....

I didn't spot the typo either - possibly because I am primly decked out in Penhaligons today, to wit:

Blenheim Bouquet
    Eau de Verveine
    Extract of Limes
    Artemisia

These are all some combination of too sharp, too sweet or too "old school", though I am most grateful to the store for giving us such a big selection.

Amaranthine is still calling my name....

I say, Hebe, I know what you mean about Felanilla being a bit "big". Took me several attempts to get into it, and you may be right about colder weather being a better testing environment. Same applies to PG L'Ombre Fauve, which has a weird opening note as an added barrier, but repays perseverance with it in spades.
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 31st August 2009 at 02:53 PM.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Good morning, all. I'm stepping out in Le Labo Rose 31. What a GOOD rose! I hope you all have an excellent Monday.

Dior Homme Intense

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by soirdelune View Post
    (yes! working on a pubic holiday!)
    Yay! That was a great one. Had a healthy laugh. Thanks for not changing, but instead pointing it out, Soir. Ubu and I had been talking (and this was actual verbal/auditory talking, unlike all the keyboard talking we all do here) about misreading words, interpreting them as words that relate to perfume (example: walking past the Sabbia jewelry store in Chicago but "seeing" Sabi, as in perfume). Yesterday, in reading some tiny type about chocolate, I misread Hand Dipped as Home Depot. Mmmm. Home Depot Chocolate. Now that's quality.

After all the sniffing Saturday and sampling and filing all the samples yesterday that Ubu gave me, you know what I craved? Mitsouko! This happened on Saturday at Nordstrom's, too. After all manner of smelling, a passing whiff of Mitsouko awoke a new appreciation for its, its, um, sheer difference, like its counterbalancing the overload of all other scents. Well, I'll be doggoned. I like Mitsouko like never before. Ain't perfume an adventure?

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    It's amazing where my naughty mind can go....

And we all recognize this pic as naughty. No?

Indeed we do - you beat me to it... : - )

Very Georgia O'Keeffe!
    Last edited by VM I hate civet; 31st August 2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: she has two "fs" - should have guessed as much!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    3xasif - I LOVE Fleur D'Oranger - I smell L'Heure Bleue in it ,probably silly me but true ! The reviews for this seemed mixed but I love it.
    I really like that one, too. I read so many "mehs" on it before I tried it, so I was very pleasantly surprised. I think it's lovely! A true-smelling, creamy orange blossom, very pretty and feminine.

I hope everyone's week is starting off well.

It's a gorgeous day here in WV. Bright, clear, and colorful. A high of 65 degrees farenheit (sp?)

I'm wearing Samsara for the second day in a row.
    I was going to save her for special occasions, but why can't every day smell this good!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

I'm in Penhaligon's Lily and Spice ( from a very generous tin of samples we were given on Friday.)

Quite soft and muted, so sillage and longevity are limited. I like it while it lasts, however.
    Waving to Vanessa.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    I'm in Penhaligon's Lily and Spice ( from a very generous tin of samples we were given on Friday.)

Quite soft and muted, so sillage and longevity are limited. I like it while it lasts, however.
    Waving to Vanessa.
    It was a very generous gift from Penhaligon
    I'm wearing my new Parfumerie Generale – Brulure de Rose from Les Senteurs
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Rose Absolue
    Currently wearing: Naturelle by Yves Rocher

Hello ladies, I see everyones mind is in the gutters.

I'm in Prada Infusion d'Iris today

I'll be off to Luxembourg for a few days (conference meeting). Gonna miss you all!

Ahem. Wow. I didn't notice it before but....well.....yes, er, very much.....

(Off to think of saucy hidden meanings involving "femininity" and "wood"...)
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

It feels like fall has found its way to Norway. Sadly, since I persist in calling August 31 the last day of summer...
    Hah - found a d*cant of Escada Moon Sparkle to wear today! It hasn´t got too much attention from me earlier this summer, but darn is it yummy!!
    Last edited by musse; 31st August 2009 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Grammar, grammar, grammar...
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I like Moon Sparkle too!

Today I chose Moksha by Ava-Luxe, a beautiful and easy to wear wood scent.

Heh heh, you all are making me giggle. So naughty. I love it!
    I, on the other hand (hee) am squeaky clean today, wearing Y by Yves Saint Laurent.

Ooops, forgot to mention I looooved hearing everyone's accounts of the great Basenotes Meet-Up. What Fun!
    Last edited by turquoisewater; 31st August 2009 at 06:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Well this is quite the titillating thread this morning (what does it say about those of us who saw the typo right off? ) I agree about the FdB pic looking a bit O'Keeffe-ish, VM.

Closing out August in Molinard de Molinard.

So yesterday kumquat posted a description of this one as a fruity floral, and the reviews on BN call it intensely femimine and floral, but I found it to be quite pine-y and unisex and the greenest thing I've ever smelled. So I'm going to try and get the fruity floral thing today.

Btw, it's been so great reading all the meet-up accounts! You all are some seriously talented storytellers. You made it easy for the rest of us to live vicariously.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 31st August 2009 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post

Waving to Vanessa.
    Waving back to you for I applied this one to my neck area today!

:wave:

Quote Originally Posted by Guerlain-lover View Post
    It was a very generous gift from Penhaligon
    I'm wearing my new Parfumerie Generale – Brulure de Rose from Les Senteurs
    Oh wow, I didn't know you bought this in there, with there being such a crush! I bought my bottle in Les Senteurs last year. It is so lovely, and not that well known.

Still able to sniff the Shiseido Saso I applied yesterday (thanks to a sample from a very generous BNer), but thinking of spritzing on a little AL China Pearl before I head out to do some errands. Have a great Monday, all!

Chamade EDT (Guerlain)

Basenotes Institution

Back from the gym ,starving but wearing Beyond Love By Kilian now.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

My morning spritz is gone, so SotE is Kenzo Amour.
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Have been reading about the Basenotes meet ups and they sound great. Wish I could have gone to the London event. Haven't been posting for a while cause I needed to step back and really figure out which fragrances I truly love and which ones were 'surplus' i.e. would be better off with someone else to love them. Some have gone to ebay and others have gone to friends. It has been a very worthwhile little exercise. Today's perfume was Coco Mademoiselle, edt, and this evening I'm back to testing Datura Noir which I have fallen for yet again! I seem to dislike DN in the daytime but love it for evening - very strange!

Blog Entries

Hello all - love reading about the last weekend's fun.

SotD is Mitsouko EDP ...wondered if it was too heavy but the little one snuggled up to me and said "mmmmm clean skin!" and then ran off to play....

Hope you all have a great week...

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Slipped into Gucci Nobile when I got home from work. Wow.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha