Code of Conduct

Default Appreciation Thread : Ice*Men par Thierry Mugler (plus youtube review)

Ice*Men par Thierry Mugler Review at the bottom of the page, click on the youtube link to view and please comment on youtube or in this thread.

Also let me know what you think of this fragrance, I love to hear the good the bad of each fragrance I own.

Thanks Guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlNnBUFtlBs
    Last edited by Robes08; 31st August 2009 at 03:10 PM.

Default Re: Appreciation Thread : Ice*Men par Thierry Mugler (plus youtube review)

I've not tried Ice*Men before but due to your excellent review i'm giving this a test the next time i go to the mall.

Btw, nice collection of Muglers

How many sprays of A*Men do u use?
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Default Re: Appreciation Thread : Ice*Men par Thierry Mugler (plus youtube review)

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    I've not tried Ice*Men before but due to your excellent review i'm giving this a test the next time i go to the mall.

Btw, nice collection of Muglers

How many sprays of A*Men do u use?
    1-2 sprays no more then 3 for A*Men, Ice*Men is great ! Hopefully you enjoy it as much as I do.

I love Ice*Men. Absolutely love it. One of my favourite scents I own.

Hahah you finally reviewed a scent I really like! Great review! My sample is running low, need to purchase a full bottle soon!

Nice review and nice Mugler Collection!

I agree that Mugler Ice*Men is unlike anything else. If it is gourmand then it is an extremely light gourmand as the chocolate note is ever so lightly done. My least favorite part of the scent is the opening that does smell a bit like some other aquatics or sport fragrances on the market - but this changes quickly to the chocolate wood middle note. You didn't mention the light patchouli in the drydown which is my favorite part of the fragrance. You can best smell this drydown aspect by sniffing a shirt or T Shirt day after wearing Ice*Men - the drydown smell is a very ephemeral silver light patchouli - very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    Hahah you finally reviewed a scent I really like! Great review! My sample is running low, need to purchase a full bottle soon!
    Did it for you BP, I felt I owed you one ! lol

Quote Originally Posted by L"homme View Post
    Did it for you BP, I felt I owed you one ! lol
    Damn I didn't think anyone listened to me! Props Lil' Homie.

Again, I cant watch this at work, but Ice*Men has been intruiguing me for a long time now, and I havent even sampled it yet. Theres something to say about a light, refreshing gourmand (and Mugler does gourmand ever so well), that has me really curious about this. I might even blind-buy a bottle if it comes around cheap enough.

I think Ice Men is superb. I don't see it as a gourmand at all, but rather a light patchouli fragrance, and a great one at that. I find Ice Men to have a feminine feel to it as well (it reminds me a lot of Cleopatra by Tocca), and is one of the reasons I find it so unique and enjoyable, compared to the run of mill designer masculines in the market. I smell the patchouli throughout its duration, from top notes to drydown. I look forward to buying a bottle soon.
    Last edited by shamu1; 31st August 2009 at 11:44 PM.

I like this fragrance a lot. But I don't think it last long on the skin? What can u say about sillage? How
    any sprAys do use?

Considering I think A*Men is one of the worst things this side of the plague, I'm going to give Ice*Man a miss.

I actually really like Ice*Men. The patchouli is really nice, and it's amazing how they've managed to make patchouli smell fresh. BUT, and there always is a but, that drydown is SO heavy on colone, which I truly detest, that in the end it becomes something I can admire, like even, but not purchase.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Even though some of you don't like this cologne (I guess i understand that), you have to admit it is pretty unique. I'd rather smell something weird that I dislike rather than some safe boring pleasant scent.

It says on the video it lasted more than 10 hours? Any comment on this?

Lasted about 6 hours on me. Although most things have terrible longevity on me.

ice*men BY thierry mugler.

Quote Originally Posted by nwatts88 View Post
    Considering I think A*Men is one of the worst things this side of the plague, I'm going to give Ice*Man a miss.
    I don't see any similarities whatsoever with AMen. I despise AMen too, but I love Ice Men. AMen is an overbearing, syrupy mess with an awful chocolate pudding accord. Ice Men, on the other hand, is a beautiful, light and transparent patchouli fragrance.

Basenotes Institution

I was distracted by the good looking guy in the video !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    I don't see any similarities whatsoever with AMen. I despise AMen too, but I love Ice Men. AMen is an overbearing, syrupy mess with an awful chocolate pudding accord. Ice Men, on the other hand, is a beautiful, light and transparent patchouli fragrance.
    Yeah sorry I should have also mentioned that dominant patchouli gives me nightmares. I'll give it a spritz next time I'm in store though. A*Men just made me psychologically allergic to all Thierry Mugler fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5 View Post
    ice*men BY thierry mugler.
    Chill out, par is french for by.

Just tested- 5 hours on my skin but can still smell it on my shirt. It seems quite linear but it does smell good. Worth buying. I just bought the 50ml bottle , should have gotten the big one. This perfect for warm countries like the Philippines , could be an everyday and all year round scent

Quote Originally Posted by nwatts88 View Post
    Chill out, par is french for by.
    Haha, chill out. Get it. Cause it's ice men.

The rest of the title is in english, the scent isn't called Ice*Men Par Thierry Mugler it's just called Ice*Men. It's like weaboos who say "that's so kawaii!!!"

yeah A*Men is way too syrupy/magical cough syrup kind of smell with too much sparkle in it. I have yet to smell the ICE version..

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I was distracted by the good looking guy in the video !
    well thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    Even though some of you don't like this cologne (I guess i understand that), you have to admit it is pretty unique. I'd rather smell something weird that I dislike rather than some safe boring pleasant scent.
    It's not Mugler's top 3 but it's OK.