Code of Conduct

Exclamation Appreciation Thread :Givenchy Pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy (plus youtube review)

Another review today if you did'nt check out Ice*Men review , please give it a view.

I love this Fragrance please comment on youtube or in this thread for Givenchy. Let me know the good the bad about this fragrance.

Thanks guys for your comments, I appreciate it !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq-mF6ZXRk8

Default Re: Appreciation Thread :Givenchy Pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy (plus youtube rev

not so popular on BN ?

Default Re: Appreciation Thread :Givenchy Pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy (plus youtube rev

First of all. the fact that you love it matters most. Check out my review of it. Underrated on BN, IMO...with other scents overrated like Halston Unbound...
    Last edited by ortho123; 31st August 2009 at 11:40 PM.

Big fan of this one -- a fresh aquatic done right. I find the camphoraceous top notes very energizing.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Not really my style, but I do enjoy watching your reviews...

One of the smoother, nicer aquatics, IMO, if you're into that. There are no sharp edges to it, but there's nothing particularly interesting either. It just generally smells good, which is ok sometimes. Nice review once again.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Basenotes Institution

Your reviews are very good- it takes time and effort to do - thank you ! BTW- what is the name of the cool song you used to introduce the review ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I do not find many of our gentlemen members wearing this too often. But, when i worked in Sephora it was a big seller from the moment we received it. It seemed to fit the need for a scent that smelled nice, yet would not take over, nor would it be as easily recognizable as say...AdG by Armani (which everyone owned).
    So i can say that i am surprised it is not as popular here as i thought it would be. I am glad you feel the love for this "underrated" scent. Again, your passion is infectious.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser ŕ sa source

Blog Entries

Enjoyable review! I like the opening soundtrack, too.

I've always been a fan of the red label, but I never (or maybe just once, years ago) tried the blue label. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in Sephora.

[PS - I love that you're promoting proper pronunciation of French names in an English-language review!]

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Your reviews are very good- it takes time and effort to do - thank you ! BTW- what is the name of the cool song you used to introduce the review ?
    Thank You for the kind words The name of the song is Club Tropicana by the Vinylshakers

Marc, I think in a few months time u will be holding the record for most fragrance reviews on YouTube

However, even after trying Blue Label many times i just can't seem to like it even though i'm a huge aquatic fan.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Not bad but I find the Red Label version better. Would you review that?

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Marc, I think in a few months time u will be holding the record for most fragrance reviews on YouTube

However, even after trying Blue Label many times i just can't seem to like it even though i'm a huge aquatic fan.
    Hey bud, I certainly have the wardrobe to have the most reviews, it's all about how much time I have to do them. I do buy lots of bottles , and I mean lots.

I do also have Givenchy Pour Homme (red bottle) and it is in the queue to be reviewed.

Count me as a fan.

As someone else said, an aquatic done right. It has a much more interesting dry down than any other designer aquatic I've smelled.

It's always a go to warm weather fragrance for me.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Nice effort but I'm not sold. Here's why. You don't sound convincing. And you have a distracting mannerism e.g. punching your palm repeatedly. Was it stage fright? When you go on screen, you need to be aware of what your body is also saying. But without the video, I kind of like your review and would give the Givenchy a sniff (though I hate the way the bottle looks).

For some reason, I find aquatics to be irritating, almost like a sawdust version of water. They don't irritate as much as strong lavender, but I find nothing interesting about them at all. The funny thing is that I began to sample frags after I got a paper sample of Nautica Voyage. I really liked the smell of that one, on paper, but later, when I sampled it in a store, it was underwhelming. By then, I think I had come to prefer spicy, gourmand, woody, incense, or tobacco frags.

Again, thanks for bringing this one back to the attention of BN members.

Though also someone who wears stuff like Aramis, Halston Z-14...even Agua Brava...I really like this stuff.

At least around me, it can be found for $39 even 35...3.4 oz...

I also think, one reviewer said, it it is one of the few aquatics that you can wear year round even in cooler weather.

The longevity is great (at least for me).

Can I assign you an excellent cheapo to review? Gillette Cool Wave...please?

Thanks for bringing more enthusiasm and fun and sincerity to the forum! BTW, am going to to make Blue Label my SotD...
    Last edited by ortho123; 3rd September 2009 at 10:06 AM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Not really my style, but I do enjoy watching your reviews...
    Ditto.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Nice effort but I'm not sold. Here's why. You don't sound convincing. And you have a distracting mannerism e.g. punching your palm repeatedly. Was it stage fright? When you go on screen, you need to be aware of what your body is also saying. But without the video, I kind of like your review and would give the Givenchy a sniff (though I hate the way the bottle looks).
    Marc's only doing this for fun...so lets not get too critical about body language and mannerisms. It's only a fragrance review and not a audition for American Idol. He's only sharing his thoughts on his favourite frags and not trying to get us to buy them. Other frag reviewers on YouTube maybe better in terms of body language and tone, etc but they can't compare to Marc in terms of experience and content.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    Marc's only doing this for fun...so lets not get too critical about body language and mannerisms. It's only a fragrance review and not a audition for American Idol. He's only sharing his thoughts on his favourite frags and not trying to get us to buy them. Other frag reviewers on YouTube maybe better in terms of body language and tone, etc but they can't compare to Marc in terms of experience and content.
    Thanks Jonny , but I do want to make these reviews as good as I can, I will try to work on it. You are right, I am not trying to sell you the frags but to inform people about them, and I feel some reviewers on youtube are selling these frags but sound the same in every single review.

Quote Originally Posted by L"homme View Post
    Thanks Jonny , but I do want to make these reviews as good as I can, I will try to work on it. You are right, I am not trying to sell you the frags but to inform people about them, and I feel some reviewers on youtube are selling these frags but sound the same in every single review.
    No prob bro. Thanks for the BN shoutouts in the reviews

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Relax, JoNnY. Sorry if I sounded too critical; but it's constructive feedback for OP. How he chooses to take it is up to him. I'm sure a youTube reviewer would like to get his information to his audience in the best possible manner. I mean you do want higher no. of hits and inform more people, right?

Fantastic review! Never tried this before.. I'm not too into aquatics but I've only given 3 a try so one more wouldn't hurt.

I love that you pronounce them the right way so now I can too

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Relax, JoNnY. Sorry if I sounded too critical; but it's constructive feedback for OP. How he chooses to take it is up to him. I'm sure a youTube reviewer would like to get his information to his audience in the best possible manner. I mean you do want higher no. of hits and inform more people, right?
    I totally agree with you, I will be working on that. Thank you for pointing it out.

And please don't forget to review that cheapo but fine Gilette Cool Wave...thanks in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by ortho123 View Post
    And please don't forget to review that cheapo but fine Gilette Cool Wave...thanks in advance?
    I will have to find it first, I'm guessing it shouldn't be that hard, then give it some tests. But its on the list now lol

Quote Originally Posted by L"homme View Post
    I will have to find it first, I'm guessing it shouldn't be that hard, then give it some tests. But its on the list now lol
    Great! Hey, and it won't break the bank.

Default Re: Appreciation Thread :Givenchy Pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy (plus youtube review)

Nice review and love the scent also.