Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Today I bought ... September 09 purchases...

I wasted no time in starting the insanity this month...Last night at about midnight, I discovered that I won an ebay auction for an unopened vintage bottle of Youth Dew Bath Oil...I'm so looking forward to its arrival!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

*~~________________________________________~~*

Default Re: Today I bought ... September 09 purchases...

An ebay September for me too! I bought a bottle of the glorious La Rose Jacqueminot EDP. I'm hoping it lives up to the sampling experience.

I wasn't out fragrance shopping, I swear. I was very determinedly making my way from trying to sign up a Japanese ice-cream vendor for my festival and scheduling a business owner for an interview when...

(ATTENTION ALL FRACAS LOVERS!)

my phone rang. It was a fellow Fracas fiend in the Midwest, who excitedly announced that the Sephora in Penney's was selling Fracas and its ancillaries at ridiculously low prices.

A right turn took me to the mall, and there, as promised, was a clearance table chock-a-block full of Fracas. (A minor excursus: I used to buy Fracas a rock-bottom prices on line. But then something happened and it was no longer cheap. I was holding on to a drip of parfum I had left.) I bought two 100-ml bottles at $20.00 each, one .25 ounce parfum for $20.00, two body creams $8.00 each (!!). They also had the 30- amd 50-ml eau de parfum, plus body lotion.

But there is more: Also on clearance were some Michael, the original Kors frag, ancillaries. I got the leg shine (non-shimmer, but they had the shimmer also) for five dollars, and then the body lotion--something I had been looking for recently--for ten dollars.

I did not buy: KenzoFlower (clear bottle), Kenzo Tokyo, some CK body washes, CSP. Or anything Hilfiger-y.

I have the sales slip in front of me. For the record, I spent $100.34. The retail value of this haul was $527.00 without tax.

As I was standing at the register, my friend said, "They (the mysterious they) have already found it. It's already on eBay." Fortunately for me, I love my Fracas and purchased it for my own pleasure.
    Last edited by Orion; 1st September 2009 at 09:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Today I bought ... September 09 purchases...

I was not going to buy anything this month (YA Riiiiiiiiight!) I bought a bottle of Guerlain Heritage EDP (big sigh). Oh my! It just happened.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I wasn't out fragrance shopping, I swear. I was very determinedly making my way from trying to sign up a Japanese ice-cream vendor for my festival and scheduling a business owner for an interview when...

my phone rang. It was a fellow Fracas fiend in the Midwest, who excitedly announced that the Sephora in Penney's was selling Fracas and its ancillaries at ridiculously low prices.

A right turn took me to the mall, and there, as promised, was a clearance table chock-a-block full of Fracas. (A minor excursus: I used to buy Fracas a rock-bottom prices on line. But then something happened and it was no longer cheap. I was holding on to a drip of parfum I had left.) I bought two 100-ml bottles at $20.00 each, one .25 ounce parfum for $20.00, two body creams $8.00 each (!!). They also had the 30- amd 50-ml eau de parfum, plus body lotion.

But there is more: Also on clearance were some Michael, the original Kors frag, ancillaries. I got the leg shine (non-shimmer, but they had the shimmer also) for five dollars, and then the body lotion--something I had been looking for recently--for ten dollars.

I did not buy: KenzoFlower (clear bottle), Kenzo Tokyo, some CK body washes, CSP. Or anything Hilfiger-y.

I have the sales slip in front of me. For the record, I spent $100.34. The retail value of this haul was $527.00 without tax.

As I was standing at the register, my friend said, "They (the mysterious they) have already found it. It's already on eBay." Fortunately for me, I love my Fracas and purchased it for my own pleasure.

Gee whiz ! What a deal Orion ! That's a great scoop re. Fracas ! Well done !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I came here to post the same thing =) I got one 100 ml bottle for $20 and the smaller one for $10. I almost feel guilty about having left two 100 ml bottles at the store but I'm already not sure what to do with all this Fracas :P Now if only it had been for Bandit . . .

I bought two Parfumerie Generale fragrances - Cuir d'Iris and Coze 02.. and wishing I hadn't smelled the new L'Artisan Havana Vanille (!)

Clearly, I have an itchy ebay finger this week. I took a gamble on this bottle of vintage No. 5 Parfum, figuring that at just about $40 with shipping, it was a pretty good deal even compared to the new stuff. Hopefully the smell is still good, I'll need to stop off at the liquor store and pick up some Everclear on the way home today!

THEN, I was looking for some Vent Vert in either the original or "middle" formulation, and was disgruntled when my bid on a miniature bottle was outbid.....but, lo, this came to my attention! There is the Vent Vert AND the Halston (in parfum, no less) that my hubby has been after me to try. (It was his favorite back in the horse and buggy days when he was a young man, before he met me.)

So, I am backing slowly away from the mouse...I guess mommy needed some back-to-school purchases, too!
    Do you think "Old Lady Perfume" is a compliment? Join the Scent of an Old Woman Social Group and chat in-depth about vintage and classic fragrances!

Talking Re: Today I bought ... September 09 purchases...

Without the Internet I'd be stuck in a fragrance wasteland. My order of Je Reviens, Lolita Lempicka (sample) and Le Baiser du Dragon (sample) is on its way.
    Your friend is your needs answered. He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    Clearly, I have an itchy ebay finger this week. I took a gamble on this bottle of vintage No. 5 Parfum, figuring that at just about $40 with shipping, it was a pretty good deal even compared to the new stuff. Hopefully the smell is still good, I'll need to stop off at the liquor store and pick up some Everclear on the way home today!

THEN, I was looking for some Vent Vert in either the original or "middle" formulation, and was disgruntled when my bid on a miniature bottle was outbid.....but, lo, this came to my attention! There is the Vent Vert AND the Halston (in parfum, no less) that my hubby has been after me to try. (It was his favorite back in the horse and buggy days when he was a young man, before he met me.)

So, I am backing slowly away from the mouse...I guess mommy needed some back-to-school purchases, too!
    That is a lovely set!! I have that VV parfum and the original, I love them both but actually prefer that one.

Right now I want some Fracas and I swear every thread here mentions it.

FRACAS! FRACAS! FRACAS! <----- yell it like "Egoiste!!" in the old Chanel tv ad....
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Zizanioides View Post
    I came here to post the same thing =) I got one 100 ml bottle for $20 and the smaller one for $10. I almost feel guilty about having left two 100 ml bottles at the store but I'm already not sure what to do with all this Fracas :P Now if only it had been for Bandit . . .
    I want me some cheap Fracas, it's so expensive over here!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Body kouros
    Opium Cologne
    Halston z-14
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Givenchy VI
    Unforgivable

all blind buys, except vetiver, Price was too good to pass 4x less retail, if available locally, which I honestly doubt.
    LF: CAP/LID for Creed Original vetiver and Creed Millesime Imperiale, 75ml. Please pm me.. Thanks!

Some creative trading got me an Eau de Merveilles decant - 12ml should tide me over for a while!

Today I got to smell Narciso Rodriguez' latest and am wishing I hadn't... it's nice. Like, rully nice.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Basenotes Institution

I received my samples from Lulubeauty - Gigi and Starlet- gardenia based- what else ,and also Marlena and Lulumae. So far they don't disappoint - I have only sampled Gigi and Starlet, though Gigi reminds me of another perfume ,I can't think what right now.
    Still pretty loyal to Ava Luxe though- doubt I will buy full size from this shop .

Oh wow!!! I really wish I'd been there. I've been really wanting some Fracas lately and have been on the hunt for a deal. So far the best I found was 50ml for 80$, which is not exactly cheap, and nothing compared to THAT.
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 3rd September 2009 at 12:27 AM.

Perhaps Orion would go get more Fracas to share with all of us
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    Perhaps Orion would go get more Fracas to share with all of us
    I second that... WE WANT FRACAS ...WE WANT FRACAS !

Due to the 80-hour work week I have right now organizing a major regional festival, I do not have time to shop for, decant, and mail fragrances to the people who would like some.

My purpose in posting this sale to this thread was to notify people of a sale that is taking place nationwide. I'm sorry for our Basenotes friends who are in other countries where there is no such bargain. Believe me, I've missed out on a lot myself, including the big Bigelow giveaway, the Montale 2 for 1, and numerous other sales I wish I had been able to access. I didn't realize I could ask on the board for people to share their purchases or ask for them to purchase more to share with me and others who were not able to take advantage of a sale themselves. I will keep that in mind next time I have some time and supplies to share my fragrances with this great community..

Oh, Orion....I think everyone was kidding...No guilt trips here!

I'm glad that some of these great deals are going to Basenoters, who are uniquely able to appreciate their good fortune!

Mo, I understand that, LOL...but I do get messages here and elsewhere asking for stuff, sometimes full bottles. I really am incredibly busy with that festival right now and the truth is I do not keep decanting supplies on hand and only buy them maybe once a year. I've had to turn down PM requests for this reason and it always makes me feel bad since I don't know the people who write and ask for stuff, have not had any other dialogue with them, and I feel I am making a bad impression when the truth is that I come here a few minutes every day and that is the only spare time I have.

Today was an odd day - very weird. The bright spot was the arrival of my package from Fragrancenet! Yeah!

1) Gucci EDP (the brown juice in the colorless (and clear) glass bottle. Fabulous!

2) Balmain de Balmain EDT. Big 100 mL bottle for dirt cheap. Bought unsniffed, but I quite like it. It seems retro, but in a really good way...

3) No. 19 parfum. *squeals with happiness*. 1/4 oz. of liquid perfection. I don't know if I paid too much for it, but that's ok. So hard to get a hold of...and I had some peace of mind buying from FragranceNet (I hope that was a reasonable assumption). It came without the box, so I've found a little empty box that will be its home (so it can't be knocked over easily)

Basenotes Institution

Due to the 80-hour work week I have right now organizing a major regional festival, I do not have time to shop for, decant, and mail fragrances to the people who would like some.

My purpose in posting this sale to this thread was to notify people of a sale that is taking place nationwide. I'm sorry for our Basenotes friends who are in other countries where there is no such bargain. Believe me, I've missed out on a lot myself, including the big Bigelow giveaway, the Montale 2 for 1, and numerous other sales I wish I had been able to access. I didn't realize I could ask on the board for people to share their purchases or ask for them to purchase more to share with me and others who were not able to take advantage of a sale themselves. I will keep that in mind next time I have some time and supplies to share my fragrances with this great community..
    Orion- we are definitely all kidding here ! *HUGS* I have enough Fracas to last me for possibly the next 2 years or so . I am happy that so many people are passionate about my fave perfume.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 3rd September 2009 at 04:29 AM.

Bought the last two cheap Fracas bottles at the store near me. Sadly no parfum or cream, but 20 dollars for the 100ml is GRAND! Thanks Orion!

HI guys

Long time member - first time poster LOL

I have just ordered 2 bottle of Serge Lutens.

Ambre Sultan and Fleur D'Orangeur

Quote Originally Posted by Seremela View Post
    HI guys

Long time member - first time poster LOL

I have just ordered 2 bottle of Serge Lutens.

Ambre Sultan and Fleur D'Orangeur
    Beautiful choices! Welcome!

And a little voice in my head is telling me I will be buying a bottle of Carnal Flower before the month is through

Quote Originally Posted by Seremela View Post

And a little voice in my head is telling me I will be buying a bottle of Carnal Flower before the month is through
    I always listen to the little perfume voices in my head rather that DH's "when will you ever have enough" voice!

Huh. Well, my other low bid went through, and so now I have TWO bottles of Vintage No5 parfum coming in the mail. I'll compare when they get here and ask you lot for advice as to which to keep, which to resell.....Although, as one is sealed in box, I'm not sure how much information I'll be able to get from looking, and I don't think tearing in to that cellophane is going to help resale value at all!

Oh dear---
    A Poison mini esprit de parfum from ebay...to round out the collection
    Shalimar EdP... as above
    Horny Little Devil from smellbent.com.....just because!

I have just ordered a 1.3 oz Bulgari Black from Fragrancenet, to less than half the price!
    Looking very much forward to this one, I love the packaging, and it smells nice, too

Notes: leather, musk, vanilla, and black tea.

It'll be a nice daytime scent.
    Visit my Norwegian blog
    http://www.hagenpahytta.net
    Gardening, nature, food, perfume, life.

"Gardeners, I think, dream bigger dreams than emperors"
    Mary Cantwell

Quote Originally Posted by bibitry View Post
    I have just ordered a 1.3 oz Bulgari Black from Fragrancenet, to less than half the price!
    Looking very much forward to this one, I love the packaging, and it smells nice, too

Notes: leather, musk, vanilla, and black tea.

It'll be a nice daytime scent.
    I only have a mini of this, but think I will grab a BIG bottle very soon
    This week a got Amandes Orientales from Montale Paris - And a 20 ml free bottle of Black Aoud
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

I've been good, and just picking up samples. I have Missoni & the Angel flankers Violette, Le Lys and Pivoine on the way. I have my eye on a few more but the Parfum1 sale is calling my name too... someone come take my Visa away
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

Wonderful to hear about all the well priced Fracas purchases!

I didn't exactly buy them, but I got a Bandit EdP and a bottle of Un Jardin sur le Nil for my birthday.

Bizarrely, my computer decided to freeze just as I put in my final bids for both a vintage Shalimar extrait AND a vintage No.5 on Ebay. I wonder now if this was God's will. He must be keeping an eye on my bank balance.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

my first sample purchase. I went with luckyscent although the perfumed court had more of what I wanted. Wish I lived in the USA!

L’Artisan Parfumeur Sample:Fleur d’Oranger
    Amouage Sample:Lyric for Women
    Amouage Sampleia Woman
    L’Artisan Parfumeur Sample:Verte Violette
    L’Artisan Parfumeur Sample:The Pour un Ete
    L’Artisan Parfumeur Sample:Iris Pallida
    Le Labo Sample:Neroli 36
    The Different Company Sample:Bergamote

Hope I made a good decision with Amouage. They sounded less-heavy than the others.

A 15ml bottle of L'Artisan Iris Pallida on ebay. Totally blind buy but did read reviews on Basenotes first of course. Not sure if anyone realized what it was as it went for £27!!!!
    DONNA

A bottle of Guerlain's Terracotta Voile d'Ete - after reading several times what an overlooked fragrance it is. Also a bottle of Kors (for women) after reading great reviews and my curiosity piqued by a perfume that smells like red wine. Plus apparently it's hard to get now, so of course I had to get the larger bottle, haha. If it's really good I'll have to go stock up.

So, technically both blind buys, but at $30 each that's not too bad, right?

(I love how after being introduced to niche scents running $200+ a bottle, I can now push aside the guilt at spending $30 a bottle. Know what I mean? LOL. But buy enough $30 bottles and they quickly add up).

Basenotes Institution

Well I had a great weekend - went to San Jose, Los Gatos and Saratoga.
    Checked out Black Swan Boutique - a lovely little shop.
    I eventually bought 2 Jo Malone 100 ml bottles of Tuberose and Honeysuckle and Jasmine.
    I don't like the H & J now - it starts out green and lovely ,the honeysuckle is fab but it's the perfumey jasmine that it settles down into that I can't get over.

This week I purchased La Nuit De L'Homme by YSL....This is a Fantastic Fragrance.....LOVE IT !!!!!!
    Gary

Well, I just went and bought me my Alien...and not from that Nordstrom SA! Heheh.

Blog Entries

I'll have to see if my local JC Penney has a Sephora in it, but I don't think so. I'm so envious of you all who snatched these up, but I did manage to track down a lot those Armani Prives at Marshalls when I had the chance, so I can't complain. Much.

MysticKnot, you were in my neighborhood today! You make sure you let me know next time and I'll join you for some sniffing!

DH and I drove down to the Gilroy outlets today and I was tempted by some Bath and Body Works products-- Sensual Amber bubble bath, Moonlight Path, Ylang Ylang Myrrh, and Black Amethyst shower gels, and Ylang Ylang Myrrh sugar scrub. Big 10 oz bottles (16 oz sugar scrub), all five items for $20.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by an_oud_girl View Post
    I'll have to see if my local JC Penney has a Sephora in it, but I don't think so. I'm so envious of you all who snatched these up, but I did manage to track down a lot those Armani Prives at Marshalls when I had the chance, so I can't complain. Much.

MysticKnot, you were in my neighborhood today! You make sure you let me know next time and I'll join you for some sniffing!

DH and I drove down to the Gilroy outlets today and I was tempted by some Bath and Body Works products-- Sensual Amber bubble bath, Moonlight Path, Ylang Ylang Myrrh, and Black Amethyst shower gels, and Ylang Ylang Myrrh sugar scrub. Big 10 oz bottles (16 oz sugar scrub), all five items for $20.
    An Oud Girl - I would've called you ! It would've been great to meet up. We even drove through Gilroy today too !
    I love Los Gatos .

Just ordered the sample pack from Parfums DelRae. And watching some Hermes stuff on eBay
    Visit my website! http://www.smelloutlandish.com/ 10% discount with code: BASENOTES

I bought 10 large samples from profumo.it. I can't wait to get them in the mail!
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Basenotes Institution

I bought my beloved Bluebell by Penhaligon's !

Basenotes Plus

Purchaed Bulgari Blu Notte and Burberry Weekend for the first time today.
    This is also my first poston this fabulous site. I really look forward to reading more about fragrance and everyone's reviews.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    Purchaed Bulgari Blu Notte and Burberry Weekend for the first time today.
    This is also my first poston this fabulous site. I really look forward to reading more about fragrance and everyone's reviews.
    Well hello and welcome to Basenotes !

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    Well, I just went and bought me my Alien...and not from that Nordstrom SA! Heheh.
    Hee, hee, hee. Good for you!

Welcome, knit at nite! Cute name.

I think I'm reading this thread just to weaken my resolve.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Hee, hee, hee. Good for you!

Welcome, knit at nite! Cute name.

I think I'm reading this thread just to weaken my resolve.
    I know Quarry - and I thought I was the only one who did that !
    Mo's post on 1st September made me get out my Youth Dew bath oil to sniff and apply abit - I like it better now. So now it's Fleur Blanche and Youth Dew bath oil this afternoon- an interesting combination.

Timbuktu Mr Hebe kindly gave me back the £25 voucher that I gave him for Fathers Day.

A small bottle of 24 Faubourg, to continue my Maurice Roucel kick. And now I am putting myself on a forced purchase hiatus. Seriously. I hope. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Hebe View Post
    Timbuktu Mr Hebe kindly gave me back the £25 voucher that I gave him for Fathers Day.
    He had it coming for dilly dallying - "use it or lose it", as they say...!

"So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Mr. Hebe just won Man Of The Year from all the BN ladies....How best to spend your scent gift certificate? ON YOUR WOMAN, of course!

My second bottle of vintage No 5 extrait (I think) came in the mail today. Stop on over at the Perfume Bottle Collecting forum and help me choose between the two I have!

My bottle of Sous le Vent arrived today from the fabulous Ruggles! Mmmm, good stuff

So, okay, I was a little obsessed...I drove 30 miles to another JCPenney and bought the last remaining Fracas, a cream for 8.00. I have never seen the cream anyplace else, so I was pleased. I bought grass seed on my way home just to look productive to DH. It may have been rainy, headachy and cold outside but my day off is officially a success!

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    My bottle of Sous le Vent arrived today from the fabulous Ruggles! Mmmm, good stuff
    Congratulations!!!! That is such a good purchase.
    Evenstar

Tomorrow is wee lady's first day of school.

It just happens that Mr. Mo needs a new watch battery, only available 45 minutes away at the nearest BIG mall. Which has a JCP. (but also a freestanding Sephora, so I'm not holding my breath.)

I'm not leaving empty handed at any rate, this I promise.

Wink Re: Today I bought ... September 09 purchases...

Quote Originally Posted by YouCanCallMeMo View Post
    Tomorrow is wee lady's first day of school.

It just happens that Mr. Mo needs a new watch battery, only available 45 minutes away at the nearest BIG mall. Which has a JCP. (but also a freestanding Sephora, so I'm not holding my breath.)

I'm not leaving empty handed at any rate, this I promise.
    Ya never know! Anyway, maybe regular Sephora's will start a Fracas dump too! Then we all will be happy!

Welcome Knit at Nite!

Wow Orion! Nice work on the Fracas! That's rather mindblowing for me - can only find Fracas in one store in my city and it costs $150 for 50mL. Talk about massive markup!

I haven't been buying perfume lately (too broke!). Swapped for a bottle of Vivienne Westwood Boudoir though.

I bought MAC Africanimal and Naked Honey, samples of SSS Champagne de Bois,

and some more Ava Luxe Ambra Tibet.

I swapped a bottle of BVL Black
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)